Cogfather

The War Effort Continues!

They already said they're taking another look at the turnin requirements. This shit is supposed to take a month or two. It's been one week. If there's a blizzlike autocomplete mechanism, it's not even supposed to kick in til April (and it wouldn't finish the war effort til May). 

I just think their explanations ring hollow that AQ is done and they just wanted us to experience this wonderful war effort. Did not a single staff play on kronos or talk to people that did? NO ONE LIKED THE WAR EFFORT, it fucking sucked there and took ~3months on K1, K2 it took like 2months ONLY BECAUSE THEY TURNED ON AUTO COMPLETION. And that’s with War effort materials not inceased 22x you fucking idiots. You know why Kronos didn't take a gigantic population hit during war effort? Because they could farm the badge gear, and farm their bug mounts during that time. The bug mount world bosses were fairly fun especially the first couple of times which kept the players engaged. On top of this K1 was essentially the first fucking private server on the planet that was going to open AQ, so there was a ton of hype since this was a lot of players first time getting to experience AQ.

Meanwhile we got ZERO extra content such as badge gear, and it's fucking crushing to farm firebloom all fucking day, turn the 13 stacks in, and that's only .06% of the damn firebloom. That # is so fucking low that the default computer calculator can’t fucking do it. Go ahead and try to do 260/425,000, it spits out some nonsense number. Oh and at the back of your mind is “I just threw ~180g down the fucking toilet, RIP a flask of titans.”

Anathema devs and GMs and staff obviously learned nothing from Kronos, and your excuses are terrible. If AQ is ready to go then why the hell is the PTR not even started yet? You really are telling me that whenever the PTR starts that AQ will be flawless? Get real.

The war effort was hard, grindy, and not very rewarding in retail vanilla. It took months then. I'm not sure why it's the emulated servers' fault that people don't like the event. Asking for a two-week autocomplete or retail numbers on a server with multiple times a retail server pop and dynamic spawn rates is literally asking the devs to put it in easy mode because you don't like the content as designed.

33 minutes ago, taladril said:

I don't really understand this. Are you all fully bis? AQ PTR is literally a week or two away. The war effort will be modified. You'll be in AQ real in less than a month to a month and a half tops. Maybe you doubt me, but if so I reserve the right to link this ad naseum when it happens.

Yes, I'm full BiS. Out of roughly 60 Raiders, we were 90ish% done. Even alts and secondary alts where about to go near BiS.
Many of our Guild had their doubts when Elysium got the Core, because we knew how bad Valkyrie was and that the Valk staff wasnt able to handle this high of a pop.

The last 2 months pretty much confirmed that. Nonetheless, we still played here, hoping it'll be alright. But in the end, it wasnt. Not because the server was down 2 days, not because bug fixes are going ever so slowly, but because it feels like the Staff team is out of touch with reality. (There are obviously exceptions, @Pottu for example is one of those exceptions)

27 minutes ago, Ickus said:

I think people don't see a light at the end of the tunnel due to the fact a week ago they said they would re-evaluate and make a post about patch 1.3 on Zeth and Elysium. I am fine with a month and a half but it seems that most people are not. 

Thats another thing. "We will make an anouncement tomorrow!" -> 1 Week of silence to follow. Then eventually comes an announcement, but its noth about what was said. Plus, Zeth and Elysium arent Anathema. Anathema is only so populated atm, because people are waiting for AQ. My entire guild was here, because we hoped to see AQ in a reasonable time. Those numbers dont promote a reasonable time. Not in any way you look at it. And once we got confirmation that the autocomplete isnt going to happen, that pretty much took away any motivation left. 2 Years of MC and BWL grind, to have to grind lvl 30 mobs for another 12 months? No thanks.

10 minutes ago, Glofer said:

The war effort was hard, grindy, and not very rewarding in retail vanilla. It took months then. I'm not sure why it's the emulated servers' fault that people don't like the event. Asking for a two-week autocomplete or retail numbers on a server with multiple times a retail server pop and dynamic spawn rates is literally asking the devs to put it in easy mode because you don't like the content as designed.

Nobody wants easy. But reasonable, thats not too much to ask. Anathema currently peaks in at around 6.1-6.4k.. So 6 times the original war effort materials would have been sufficiant. But 200 times as much? Thats just silly.

Edited by Wortgewandt

10 minutes ago, Glofer said:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Firebloom was 19k in retail, 46k on feenix and 450k here. The war effort with NEVER finish. The numbers are stupid. 

No one is asking for retail numbers. But the idea that some of these materials are marked up 2200% such as firebloom is asinine. 

1 minute ago, davfer said:

No one is asking for retail numbers. But the idea that some of these materials are marked up 2200% such as firebloom is asinine. 

Exactly. Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, davfer said:

This is exactly my point. There is nothing there to promote those numbers.

6 times the retail pop, but 200 times the wareffort amounts needed. That demoralizes anybody. Give it anohter couple of weeks and most of the old nost raiding guilds will either have disbanded or left entirely, I promiss you that much.

Edited by Wortgewandt

Something needs said THIS WEEK. Don't kill this server by putting out stupid ass numbers. 

They already said they're reevaluating the turnins. People had 400k firebloom banked on active accounts and chose not to turn them in, since that's how they got the numbers in the first place. Demanding definitive action to make it easier on week 1 of 6-8 week thing or threatening to quit is petulant.

14 minutes ago, Glofer said:

They already said they're reevaluating the turnins. People had 400k firebloom banked on active accounts and chose not to turn them in, since that's how they got the numbers in the first place. Demanding definitive action to make it easier on week 1 of 6-8 week thing or threatening to quit is petulant.

Yep you have no idea waht you're talking about. If this war effort last 6-8 weeks the servers dead. If you're the only one saying not to complain you're probably in th e minority. NO ONE IS GOING TO TURN IN 450k of firebloom

I still say that you guys are starting off the complaining about 2 weeks early for all of this. The staff clearly wanted a certain amount of time between the start of the war effort and AQ opening. They tried what they thought was their best for an educated set of numbers based on resources saved. This has proved to be inaccurate, however they also said they will change the numbers. Now my magic crystal ball tells me that they will change the numbers based on turn in rates to correspond with an opening of the gates within 4 weeks or so. The fact that guilds are flat up and quitting a week into the war effort is just so melodramatic it boggles my mind. And unless realmplayers isn't updated you don't have DFT yet so.... no not BIS.

I think they're quitting because they see it coming to a crawl and think they're wasting time. It is stupid to quit right now, but its a fact of life right now. Instead of waiting for more people to bleed away they need to be proactive and give us something to work towards, and not a brick wall. 

I'd like to clarify that I am confident in this dev teams abilities, but I am not confident in this communities willingness to wait a large war effort out. 

Oh I completely agree that a war effort that would drag on even more than a month and a half would be very morale killing. We have waited for AQ for a long time and it was right around the corner when nost shut down much less now with multiple months of the same slog waiting. But I'm pretty sure the devs get that. And I am happy that the war effort wasn't completed instantly so it was going to most likely be blizzlike and instantly done or this where they over estimated interest. Whatever I prefer this because I got the chance to actually turn stuff in.

Not sure which patch you're at, but in 1.12 even the youngest of taurahe could use Evergreen Pouch every 10 minutes to get a chance at cultivating firebloom.

I agree Taladril. I think it is early to completely pack it in and quit.  While I think the numbers need to be adjusted, I think there is a bit of an over-reaction to the whole thing. That being said, It can be reasonably assumed by the current turn in rates that the 3-4 week long war effort is a dead idea and needs to be addressed sooner rather than later, given the general doom and gloom in regards to the War Effort numbers.

Oh I agree with him too. A lot of people are just going to pack and leave. I am not one of those people, but you can see the evidence of it happening. Lowering the war effort values is something that will keep people around. 

2 hours ago, Glofer said:

The admins themselves said they wanted a 3-4 week war effort.  Exactly what part of your ass did you pull 6-8 weeks out of?

1 hour ago, Gardash said:

The admins themselves said they wanted a 3-4 week war effort.  Exactly what part of your ass did you pull 6-8 weeks out of?

Because this guy has been making 0 sense the entire day? And if devs are reading this please know we care a lot and are thankful for what you guys do. Every private server wants to see you fail and so does blizzard. I get you guys are dealing with all those aspects but please just allow our server to flourish the way it should by decreasing these values. A lot of us I'm sure are afraid of losing these chars a second time.

Edited by Ickus

Check it out on wowwiki. Nobody outside the top 10 US/EU did it in less than 40 days. A full autocomplete with zero player turnins took about 60 days. Every retail vanilla server except the 10 or so fastest in the world took 6+ weeks. The retail blizz autocomplete literally didn't do a thing until the war effort hit 4 weeks without being finished, and then it ticked mats up by like 20%/week.

Devs already said they used (current banked amount on active accounts)/0.7 to  calculate the thresholds. So 70% of the mats are chilling on active accounts not being turned in. I think they could stand to reevaluate now that <NOPE> et al, who I assume held a good chunk of that, decided not to participate.

But asking for an adjustment down  to 3-4 weeks because the pace is too slow (since people don't feel rewarded enough to grind the mats or whatever) is basically just saying "this is too hard, please gift us a world record war effort time or we'll quit." 

Hey dude thanks so much for telling us what the devs have stated. The war effort wont be complete because instead of looking at total mats look at the .7% gained yesterday and then redo the math. Total mats on the server dont equate to turn ins or completion. 

Edited by Ickus

24 minutes ago, Ickus said:

Hey dude thanks so much for telling us what the devs have stated. The war effort wont be complete because instead of looking at total mats look at the .7% gained yesterday and then redo the math. Total mats on the server dont equate to turn ins or completion. 

Correct. The numbers turned in are far less than the number of mats stored on active accounts. This suggests that the war effort is progressing slowly because people aren't turning in the mats that they have, rather than because the target numbers are impossible to farm.

Like I said, I'm glad they're reevaluating the numbers, but I'm going to be disappointed if they give us an under-tuned war effort. I hope it's hard but doable in 25-50 days if everyone (not just a handful of competitive guilds) chips in. I also hope that it's ported faithfully to the original war effort, where broad apathy towards the event forces the entire server to wait for the ~50-60 day autocomplete. Like everyone else, I'll be pretty unhappy if we get more than a couple months in and there's no playable AQ.

Edited by Glofer

The war effort could be hard but they basically made it so none of the grinds are in the game until the war efforts done. I get why they're doing it and like it but have a shorter war effort. Then have a 3 week scepter then its open. 

Edited by Ickus

I'm surprised to see that many people dont get that retail war effort was a totally different story than the war effort we have here. There were a ton more incentives for people back then to farm like crazy than there are now. I'll just name a very important one: racing for world firsts. I played on a top eu server back then, with a famous guild that wanted world firsts. We had a million fanbois farming every day all day. Result? Gates opened first or second worldwide. Is there something similar now? No. You cant really compare retail war effort with this war effort, no matter which angle you try to see it.

Edited by xestikas