Shenna

Anathema PvP — Unexpected Downtime

15 minutes ago, jimfromsales said:

So here's the thing. The fact that this can even possibly happen really just reinforces in my mind the fact that some people, I don't know who, within the administration really don't belong there.

Whoever has made the decision to enable payments directly to the server provider is a very unintelligent person I'm sorry to say.

Whoever has made the decision to direct payments toward one server or another is a very unintelligent person I'm sorry to say.

You're not looking at the big picture, Jim.

Having players pay OVH directly is the best option if we only consider transparency. Nobody could claim that we are pocketing donation money when it goes straight to the server provider. This is what Nostalrius aimed for and achieved near the end and we at Elysium wanted to do the same thing. Because many, many, many players demanded a PayPal option, we additionally provided that, so that players who cannot donate large chunks could still chip in a little. In an ideal world, this is how it would work and everyone could be happy: players get transparency, team doesn't have to worry about taxes & paperwork, project keeps trucking on.

15 minutes ago, jimfromsales said:

So here's the thing. The fact that this can even possibly happen really just reinforces in my mind the fact that some people, I don't know who, within the administration really don't belong there.

Whoever has made the decision to enable payments directly to the server provider is a very unintelligent person I'm sorry to say.

Whoever has made the decision to direct payments toward one server or another is a very unintelligent person I'm sorry to say.

You must insulate the core of the project from innate vulnerabilities. Wow players... especially retail cucks like <NOPE> are even bigger trashkids than Counter-Strike players now. These vulnerabilities in the project should never have existed.

While we are here can you please do everything you possibly can to dispell the myth (or total fact) that you absolutely hate "Anathema" and you'd prefer it to be dead and gone or else why would you call it "Anathema"? And surely, I MEAN GO AHEAD AND HATE ME FOR BEING LOGICAL, if this account was tagged as fraudulent then wouldn't your entire relationship with "OVH" be in a critical state?

The idea behind making donations go directly to the provider instead of through the staff was to remove the appearance that the staff is stealing money.  Nostalrius did the same thing and it worked very well.  For nonsense reasons, Elysium does not have the same goodwill that Nostalrius staff did, and the player base is toxic as fuck, so this benefit has now turned into a vulnerability.

There was also the intention to avoid connecting the staff to any money in order to avoid an allegation from Blizzard that they are profiting off of Blizzard's intellectual property.

These are things smart people worry about.  "I'm sorry to say."

But as is the case in so many areas today, there is a contingent of the populace who imposes on the goodwill of others, whether it is politeness or trust.  These toxic fucks are over-represented in the gaming community vs. society at large, and seem especially concentrated in the private server WoW scene.  There is a general corrosion of civil society that exists in a very distilled form here among us.

So we'll need to adapt.  Hopefully the Elysium people can come up with a new balance between transparency and control.

28 minutes ago, jimfromsales said:

You must insulate the core of the project from innate vulnerabilities. Wow players... especially retail cucks like <NOPE> are even bigger trashkids than Counter-Strike players now. These vulnerabilities in the project should never have existed.

While we are here can you please do everything you possibly can to dispell the myth (or total fact) that you absolutely hate "Anathema" and you'd prefer it to be dead and gone or else why would you call it "Anathema"? And surely, I MEAN GO AHEAD AND HATE ME FOR BEING LOGICAL, if this account was tagged as fraudulent then wouldn't your entire relationship with "OVH" be in a critical state?

To be this harsh is not really needed in my eyes, after all these guys made it possible for us to play this game, when they need to generate funds to sustain the server they made the mistake to make direct payments possible.

They probaly didnt expect that there are retards that can withdraw their donation and by doing so hurt the image of elysium.  I can understand that mistake completely.

They  should have a big bankslot to back up their financial position ( but for legal reasons this is hard to accomplish ofc) , and only make payments for the server out of this bankslot. This bankslot can be filled by the community (us). This way they can also guarantee the payments towards OVH(if some1 withdraw donation, it only hurts elysium and not server provider). If this system persists (direct payments) there will always be the risk of some1 withdrawing their donation.

if this account was tagged as fraudulent then wouldn't your entire relationship with "OVH" be in a critical state?
This is a good point. If you have all the realms hosted by OVH, why does this fraud only affect Anathema? I
Unless ofc, all realms are hosted by different providers. 

Edited by mrsnappi

We love you Pottu, keep up the hard work! Best of luck dealing with OVH tomorrow, they'll come through and restore our beloved realm. 

PS- IP bans for NOPE? They sabotaged all of us by doing this, and shouldn't be allowed back. 

1 minute ago, mrsnappi said:

They  should have a big bankslot to back up their financial position, and only make payments for the server out of this bankslot. This bankslot can be filled by the community (us). This way they can also guarantee the payments towards OVH(if some1 withdraw donation, it only hurts elysium and not server provider). If this system persists (direct payments) there will always be the risk of some1 withdrawing their donation.

This isn't really an option.  The individual receiving this money from players will have to declare it as income and pay taxes.

Or they'll have to set up a business.

Or they'll have to set up a non-profit or charity kind of organization.

You avoid all of this by allowing people to transfer money directly to OVH.

1 minute ago, Gardash said:

This isn't really an option.  The individual receiving this money from players will have to declare it as income and pay taxes.

Or they'll have to set up a business.

Or they'll have to set up a non-profit or charity kind of organization.

You avoid all of this by allowing people to transfer money directly to OVH.

Yes true,

but isnt there someway to setup a bitcoins bankslot or something?

Is there no1 playing this game, that knows of a way to make somekind of construction that the bankaccount is in some country that wont share bank data to other countries. 

Edited by mrsnappi

5 minutes ago, rmischait said:

We love you Pottu, keep up the hard work! Best of luck dealing with OVH tomorrow, they'll come through and restore our beloved realm. 

PS- IP bans for NOPE? They sabotaged all of us by doing this, and shouldn't be allowed back. 

There's no such thing as IP-ban. Never has been. Even if you'd hand out IP-bans, all you have to do to get around that is:

1. Reboot router - if the ISPs DHCP is configured with a short lease-time = OBTAIN NEW IP

2. Turn off router for the duration of lease your ISP uses - Turn on when the alloted time has passed = OBTAIN NEW IP

3. VPN - If you for some strange reason got fixed IPs from your ISP (I dont know a single ISP that does this with private customers unless specifically asked to)

EDIT: Stuff.

EDIT #2: Technically illiterate plebs <3

Edited by Storfan

22 minutes ago, Storfan said:

There's no such thing as IP-ban. Never has been. Even if you'd hand out IP-bans, all you have to do to get around that is:

1. Reboot router - if the ISPs DHCP is configured with a short lease-time = OBTAIN NEW IP

2. Turn off router for the duration of lease your ISP uses - Turn on when the alloted time has passed = OBTAIN NEW IP

3. VPN - If you for some strange reason got fixed IPs from your ISP (I dont know a single ISP that does this with private customers unless specifically asked to)

Yeah, and to even more make things worse, there isn't just one or two programs/ways to change your/your routers MAC too.

Change MAC & IP == you just made a new identity. Probably exactly what Alex-dah-witslebhowler did. I mean seriously; just moments after announcement he's "sharing the love & joy" on his twitter.

2 minutes ago, Nidzex said:

Bannin IP? Why just not deleting the whole guild and it's members? :D

And if they had any mats that is needed for the War Effort, use them there.

1 hour ago, Pottu said:

We will update you as soon as possible. Please remember that it's not just us or how much players have donated, we have to work with OVH on this issue and they are not extending their office hours for our sake.

So tell us why only anathema goes Down all time and the others realms not. 

If are there some hate against nostalrius pls leve us to move to another server, dont make us the victim of your frustattions pls. 

Btw, your cant keep anathema up for more than 24hs, How can your want implement  aq20&40? Its better Learn  how walk and later run or we CAM fall and Hurt badly. 

Sorry me bad english and hard words. 

1 minute ago, Makonha said:

If are there some hate against nostalrius pls leve us to move to another server, dont make us the victim of your frustattions pls. 

Btw, your cant keep anathema up for more than 24hs, How can your want implement  aq20&40? Its better Learn  how walk and later run or we CAM fall and Hurt badly. 

Sorry me bad english and hard words. 

Stick to playing chinese mmos

40 minutes ago, Storfan said:

not all of us get new ips. mines never changed

Everyone should calm down.

It is hard for all of us because we are addicted to the game and we want to play.

But we should just let the staff do their work and stop complaining.

Just wait till the server is up again and do something else meanwhile...

Edited by Zappa

12 minutes ago, Lifealert said:

Rip the rankers

I'm pretty sure everything is frozen for the duration of the downtime.

1 hour ago, Lifealert said:

Stick to playing chinese mmos

You answer make no sense. Doh

Steal waiting for staff say something but they know i am right, it thats why they hide and dont answer. 

Edited by Makonha

1 hour ago, Storfan said:

I'm pretty sure everything is frozen for the duration of the downtime.

As someone would rank on some weeks I would rely on Mondays and even Tuesdays to get that last bit of honor. When the server comes back up no doubt honor will be calculated as tomorrow is the reset. 

2 hours ago, Makonha said:

Flavour of the week whine. It wasn't that long ago when Elysium players were moaning that their realm was allegedly "down all the time" and Anathema players were laughing at them. Now you claim it's the other way around. Patch 1.9 is a big one and it was to be expected that there would be issues deploying it. No cause for any panic. Regardless, such concerns are off-topic here.

Just like a parent loves all their children equally, the team values all four realms equally.