Jakira

Anathema PvP — Unexpected Downtime: Update

15 minutes ago, Macstabbin said:

I cannot believe I just read all of the BS that people keep saying here.. give it the time it needs to work out the situation between OVH and the staff, they all have different hours of operation and remember the staff here also have REAL jobs that they must work at the feed their families and themselves.  When you are accused of a $2000 fraud from a company, it is not a situation that is dealt with overnight, have some patience and WAIT until things are figured out.  You aren't going to die just because you cannot log onto anathema for 2 days, go outside, take a walk and learn that life is not just sitting behind your computer bitching at a company that is doing EVERYTHING it can to bring the server back online due to a chargeback from a guild who obviously wanted to fuck the server over because they didn't get their way.

Well said. +1

I hope now you'll do away with this flawed donation system, which is sure to bring more abuse in the future. You're allowing people to donate straight to your ISP service, which then they can chargeback scam. Anyone else on the internet would funnel the money through a separate account first, as to keep any such scams away from the service. I've never seen anyone use the structure you're using, and probably never will again. There's nothing stopping anyone from donating a large amount of money, then simply chargebacking a few weeks later. It's not like you're going to try to sue them afterwards to get it back.

GUYS I CANT WAIT LETS MERGE ALL THE SERVERS YEAH I KNOW THAT THERE COULD BE IDENTICAL NICKNAMES ON ALL OF THEM AND PATCHES ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BUT WHO CARES THIS IS NOT WHAT IM PAYING MY MONEY FOR EVERY MONTH!!!!

20 minutes ago, criboee said:

GUYS I CANT WAIT LETS MERGE ALL THE SERVERS YEAH I KNOW THAT THERE COULD BE IDENTICAL NICKNAMES ON ALL OF THEM AND PATCHES ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BUT WHO CARES THIS IS NOT WHAT IM PAYING MY MONEY FOR EVERY MONTH!!!!

That's just too loud this early in the morning. Shhh...

1 hour ago, Drain said:

I hope now you'll do away with this flawed donation system, which is sure to bring more abuse in the future. You're allowing people to donate straight to your ISP service, which then they can chargeback scam. Anyone else on the internet would funnel the money through a separate account first, as to keep any such scams away from the service. I've never seen anyone use the structure you're using, and probably never will again. There's nothing stopping anyone from donating a large amount of money, then simply chargebacking a few weeks later. It's not like you're going to try to sue them afterwards to get it back.

Except for you know Nostalrius who had the same system.

And since you don't seem to comprehend it on your own, there is already a loud bunch of idiots screaming about the abuse of having one of the staffs paypal as a means to funnel money to OVH. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Idiot.

Thank you for the update and thank you for your hard work!

I'm clawing my walls over here in withdrawal:D

11 hours ago, Folclor said:

sad

Didn't know Donald Trump himself played on the Elysium server ;)

Can someone who can speak French call OVH and tell them to hurry up for me?  Maybe they would move faster if we all called them. :)

7 minutes ago, Sandalion said:

rolling on warmane in 3, 2 1...

Isnt that wotlk AND p2w?

tldr: 2 bad combinations.

4 minutes ago, CHIPTHECHIPMUNK said:

Anathema was just up for a few minutes at 10:20 GMT+1. It's down again though.

Hopefully this is a pointer in the direction that it shouldn't take long now.

ITS UP! PRAISE THE LORD!

l8DM6AO.png

Edited by Storfan

Dear players, 

Our lovely Anathema is back up :) We thank all for your support and everyone who helped us.
We'll release more detailed statement tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Shenna said:

Dear players, 

Our lovely Anathema is back up :) We thank all for your support and everyone who helped us.

Awesome! Many thanks, much love to you and your great team!

fuk the h8ers!

ELYSIUM 4EVER!

mite just be lots of players loging in but im stuck on ath on pulling up my ch. not very fun lol.Hope it just because others loging in and not a new bug

9 hours ago, angiemerkel said:

Why are there 4 servers when you can't make payments on 1 of them?  It is a free service, so it's your show...but this is just such a bad look in so many ways.

6 hours ago, Pottu said:

Please read the announcement again.

I know you think you're amazing by taking the role as an oppressor. If you're so smart as you want yourself to be perceived then you should realize he has a perfectly good point. Elysium has been incredibly naive in not guarding itself against potential chargebacks. You should have a budget which doesn't just merely pay for all the given expenses, but also for unexpected expenses.

25 minutes ago, Wirt said:

I know you think you're amazing by taking the role as an oppressor. If you're so smart as you want yourself to be perceived then you should realize he has a perfectly good point. Elysium has been incredibly naive in not guarding itself against potential chargebacks. You should have a budget which doesn't just merely pay for all the given expenses, but also for unexpected expenses.

You know this isnt a company right? It's a private server run by hobbyists and passionate gamers on the side of their regular jobs. You cant expect perfection.

2 hours ago, Shenna said:

Dear players, 

Any idea on how the PvP week will be handled?

1 hour ago, Wirt said:

Donations were allowed directly to OVH so people didn't have to go through Elysium.  It was a large donation directly to OVH that was charged back.  No budget you are talking about would have prevented what happened with such a large donation directly to OVH.

Here's their budget:  from here on out, there won't be direct donations to OVH anymore.

3 hours ago, Wirt said:

Please read my post at the end of the previous announcement thread that discussed that very issue. Also, please donate enough money to us so we can keep two grand just floating around in case of emergencies. In case you've forgotten, we're all volunteers doing this for no compensation. We really do not pull in enough donations to keep such amounts available.

Which reminds me of another thing - I know some players compile lists of donation amounts from Discord/Reddit/forum but please don't take such lists at face value, you don't want to be incredibly naive. There are people who announce they are going to donate X amount but actually never do. Wait for us to publish such a list. Jakira will do that soon.