Changes

Arena in vanilla?

I just started playing Elysium, really enjoying it.

But I'm curious to your opinion about the PvP aspect.

I'm far from lvl 60, but I really enjoyed arena on Wotlk.

In that era I didn't do much PvM, mostly arena besides premade battlegrounds.

Could arena ever be implemented in Vanilla, just for fun?

Arena is the biggest pile of shit I ever experienced in WoW. Arena is why I deleted my character and quit this game. Fuck Arena!

Arena was a blizzards try to make this game go competitive. And if you look at their "world championship" it have around 3-4k viewers xD Bgs ftw!

Arena was introduced in TBC, so your request is going against the whole Vanillalike thing Elysium got going on.

On 15-3-2017 at 7:44 AM, kingtut said:

Arena is the biggest pile of shit I ever experienced in WoW. Arena is why I deleted my character and quit this game. Fuck Arena!

How did arena affect you so hard that you simply quit on TBC? PvE content was awesome!!

@Changes The only arena in vanilla is the gurubashi arena in STV. Check it out! It's ffa though iirc.
Edit: There is indeed also an arena in Dire Maul. 'The Maul'.

Edited by smokeit
forgot DM arena

On 3/20/2017 at 1:46 AM, smokeit said:

How did arena affect you so hard that you simply quit on TBC? PvE content was awesome!!

@Changes The only arena in vanilla is the gurubashi arena in STV. Check it out! It's ffa though iirc.
Edit: There is indeed also an arena in Dire Maul. 'The Maul'.

playing 1 game for 40-50 minutes.. that's when I quit. it destroyed not just WoW, but all MMOs, since they all try to copy and model this game...

btw, i was a hard core World PvPer. so Arena DESTROYED WPvP completely, whatever was left of it. the whole dual PvP/PvE gear made grinding twice as brutal. so doin Arena was mandatory if u wanted to survive doing any form of PvP.

Edited by kingtut

2 hours ago, kingtut said:

btw, i was a hard core World PvPer. so Arena DESTROYED WPvP completely, whatever was left of it. the whole dual PvP/PvE gear made grinding twice as brutal. so doin Arena was mandatory if u wanted to survive doing any form of PvP.

Flying mounts destroyed world pvp, not arenas.

arenas was my fav part of the game since tbc but arenas would be shit with vanilla DR mechanics [email protected] lol

major part of vanilla pvp is mindless bg farming which is still fun somehow but not very competitive for my taste