Shenna

Recent Issues & Future Plans

Appreciate the update, but I hope you will make an announcement regarding the AQ war effort materials requirements soon. Wanting to make the war effort more challenging than something we could just blow through in a week is reasonable, but as it stands, the requirements are simply too high, as mentioned by many others.

You stated earlier that you wanted to recreate that sense of urgency and excitement that original war effort had, but by inflating the turn in requirements to such an extreme degree, you have instead demoralized the Anathema population and have left many contemplating whether or not its even worth continuing on the server. At the current rate, the war effort will take far, far longer than the 3-4 weeks you were shooting for, and the prospect of having no new content on the horizon for many months is causing the server to lose players and guilds.

It has been announced that the war effort requirements were being reevaluated, but some specifics are really needed at this time, especially in light of all the other things that have been going on with the server that have been turning people off of it.

Edited by bunbuns

Any number of players above 500 is fine. Blizz servers where originally capped in the region of 1000-1500 players, only the servers that got cues in peak hours ever hit those numbers.

Until nost did a heavy revamp on number of resource nodes and re-spawn rates (going dynamic) the world grinding was very overcrowded at "only" 4k.

Ofc keep an eye on those server numbers if they keep going down past the novelty of the war effort then there could be a problem, however transfers aren't the solution.
When blizz opened paid transfers there where several servers who more or less died while others got so overcrowded that the players already there got frustrated and it turned into general internet flaming between the groups. This was mostly because everyone went to the servers with the "best" raid guilds (the most popular and visible).
In the case of free transfers it would be the same as shutting down the server since everyone wants to be on the "winning" side.

On the topic of players and guilds leaving. I wouldn't be worried unless there was a MAJOR drop in players as it happened back in the day as well, priorities change, rl happens and on occasion ppl just grow bored of the game or even a new game launch which sucks up activity for a time. It just gets so much more attention when it happens to prolific guilds.
The concept of waiting for months at a time for new content was the norm. With 300+ (counting low as not all slots has things of interest in all 40 man content) item slots to fill in your raid and only so much loot/reset you really need months at a time. Though I do agree that the war effort requirements though well intended turned out a bit harsh.

7 hours ago, NoGnomo said:

90% of the ppl who rolled there are impatient kids who learnt about the server on some youtube so they ofc they quit at lvl 20 cause they are not made for vanilla

This comment is legendary. I'm part of the 90 % (sadly i'm not a kid anymore :P )

7 hours ago, Nymis said:

Still nothing on ZK's population decline, we're losing so many players every single day it's not even funny anymore. Do you still believe it's healthy thing to have between 700 and 2000 players on one server and 4-5 times that number on another? 

This. Do something please. 

I thought Crogge disassociated himself from Elysium since he is part of Crestfall. Am I missing something? Is Crogge not part of CF?

1 minute ago, Lifealert said:

I thought Crogge disassociated himself from Elysium since he is part of Crestfall. Am I missing something? Is Crogge not part of CF?

He's apart of Crestfall but I think he still is the System Administrator for Elysium.

8 hours ago, Aklol said:

Could you maybe consider giving more notice on patches like this?

9 days isn't enough notice? I LITERALLY just read that the new boss' on ZK will appear on march 25th...  thats in 9 days... what do you want, a 3 month breakdown? thats not how they roll. When we get an update, be happy. Most servers (for WOW or really any private game emulation server) usually wont even give you advance notice. You'll login and see there has been an update. Then you gotta go search the website and find out what was changed.

Shenna just listed everything they are planning and working on. And you're still asking for more. GTFO

I'm currently playing on Zet, but i want to say thank you to the staff for all the hard work. Do what you think is best for the community, i'm sure many here appreciate your efforts.

Not sure why Zeth Kur folks think staff will pay realm that is ghost town...

When it reaches critical status it's gonna be merged. Not a rocket science.

Having over 500 people in downtimes is not considered dead realm.  Game is not meant to be played with over 5k people online. That's the point where economy is starting to go nuts, when raid consumables are overpriced, when ganking and grieving becomes harsh non-stop reality, when there is lack of simple low level materials to level up your professions, where you have to fight vs your own faction to level up by tagging every monster before someone else does.

Your realm is by far most blizzlike and you should be proud of it and start advertising it as such. With positive mindset and attitude comes positive and healthy vibe. You make your realm look desperate and dead while it most certainly isn't. Three hours ago your realm had just a bit over 2k players online.

Look at it just minutes ago:

zeVpDC5.png

Want people to join your realm - promote what's good in it instead of promoting what you don't like.

Just 2 cents from fellow bud from Anathema.

Edited by Owondyah

Whitekidney is working on our security now. Am I the only one who sees this as a terrible idea? Did they not know ANYTHING about this guy from Nostalrius?

Great work. Not to complain much, but anathema is constantly getting offline, is there any particular reason why this server amongst all of them is having more trouble being online compared to others? Not meant as criticism.. just wondering.. im kinda "new" here...

55 minutes ago, Owondyah said:

Not sure why Zeth Kur folks think staff will pay realm that is ghost town...

When it reaches critical status it's gonna be merged. Not a rocket science.

Having over 500 people in downtimes is not considered dead realm.  Game is not meant to be played with over 5k people online. That's the point where economy is starting to go nuts, when raid consumables are overpriced, when ganking and grieving becomes harsh non-stop reality, when there is lack of simple low level materials to level up your professions, where you have to fight vs your own faction to level up by tagging every monster before someone else does.

Your realm is by far most blizzlike and you should be proud of it and start advertising it as such. With positive mindset and attitude comes positive and healthy vibe. You make your realm look desperate and dead while it most certainly isn't. Three hours ago your realm had just a bit over 2k players online.

Look at it just minutes ago:

zeVpDC5.png

Want people to join your realm - promote what's good in it instead of promoting what you don't like.

Just 2 cents from fellow bud from Anathema.

amen-girl-memes-11.jpg.54245399ebccf316a33d10c401ce8ed9.jpg

5 hours ago, Drain said:

Whitekidney is working on our security now. Am I the only one who sees this as a terrible idea? Did they not know ANYTHING about this guy from Nostalrius?

I dont know anything about this guy so I wont pass any judgement. I will however point out that ALL security experts I know of in IT have dabbled in grey-areas. By ALL I mean every single one of them. There arent "really" any white hats, black hats, only grey hats. You simply wont find a spotless security expert. Just as it is part of their jobs to protect networks and systems from attack, they also have to try different methods of attack to learn of new vulnerabilities.

It never ceases to amaze me how naïve some players here are. They expect perfect shining chivalrous knights to run this "private-pirate" server. People expect absolute zero previous bagage which you wont find anywhere.

Get real. Enjoy the game. People arent perfect.

EDIT: Spelling and formatting.

Edited by Storfan

1 hour ago, Storfan said:

I dont know anything about this guy so I wont pass any judgement. I will however point out that ALL security experts I know of in IT have dabbled in grey-areas. By ALL I mean every single one of them. There arent "really" any white hats, black hats, only grey hats. You simply wont find a spotless security expert. Just as it is part of their jobs to protect networks and systems from attack, they also have to try different methods of attack to learn of new vulnerabilities.

It never ceases to amaze me how naïve some players here are. They expect perfect shining chivalrous knights to run this "private-pirate" server. People expect absolute zero previous bagage which you wont find anywhere.

Get real. Enjoy the game. People arent perfect.

EDIT: Spelling and formatting.

Agree!  A black hat was a white hat, or a white hat was a black hat, back and forth.

12 hours ago, Lifealert said:

Crogge is co-owner of Crestfall, Asura is co-owner of Legacy Crusade. Crogge is not helping Elysium on the basis of his reationship with Crestfall or Legacy Crusade, but on the basis that he just happens to be a nice guy. A rarity in this business I know.

11 hours ago, Owondyah said:

s.

Zeth'kur was created only because Quaue in the first week and its pointless now. The realm need fast merge with Elysium, or Ely will be Emerald Dream #2 in the end of the summer. Anathema is ded already anyway. We must do everything to keep Elysium realm live as much is possible. Crestfall for now is like aliens, everyone has heard about it, but nobody has seen him. If Elysium die this is the end of legacy and vanilla WoW maybe forever. And no, this is not like Alexensual warnings and bullshits, this is realism. Let's be realists and face the truth and remove the pink glasses. I write this just because i think the good of the server and i want to play here.

13 minutes ago, Nightshann said:

Zeth'kur was created only because Quaue in the first week and its pointless now. The realm need fast merge with Elysium, or Ely will be Emerald Dream #2 in the end of the summer. Anathema is ded already anyway. We must do everything to keep Elysium realm live as much is possible. Crestfall for now is like aliens, everyone has heard about it, but nobody has seen him. If Elysium die this is the end of legacy and vanilla WoW maybe forever. And no, this is not like Alexensual warnings and bullshits, this is realism. Let's be realists and face the truth and remove the pink glasses. I write this just because i think the good of the server and i want to play here.

Hahaha youre an idiot. This post possibly was the worst post on this forum ever.

Edited by Ickus

15 minutes ago, Nightshann said:

Crestfall for now is like aliens, everyone has heard about it, but nobody has seen him.

HAHAHAHA this made my day

Edited by Owondyah