Sign in to follow this  
killerduki

Voting System

"Let the Elysium Page stay clean from negative effects , comments and offtopics"

From the person who steers every thread off topic.

16 minutes ago, Undertanker said:

"Let the Elysium Page stay clean from negative effects , comments and offtopics"

It is quite the opposite , i always talk on Topic , not offtopic.

Mentioning and giving example with anything regarding Paladins , does not mean that i am not on Topic discussion.

For example , asking Thunderfury nerf and giving example with Paladin Tier Sets why it should stick with 1.9 Patch , does not mean i steer offtopic.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Why does it not surprise me that the two kings of shitposting want the voting system gone? Maybe if you'd stop with injecting your whole b-but paladins routine into every single thread, people wouldn't deride you and you'd have a few more of those oh-so-important internet points.

I my self dont really care about this new rep vote thing as long as it dont have any real effect like -x and u get baned or something.If it just for show thin who cares its going to be   abused any way.

u say something x people dont like or say something about server staff or how things are going on war eff i can see people getting slamed with - rep on them even if its true.And even if theres a cap people will go out of there way to + or - some one every day

2 hours ago, Undertanker said:

+1

I'm surprised Crestfall hasn't been mentioned here yet.... You know full well Duki, their forums have an upvote only system. Perhaps you'd be better off there? ;)

8 hours ago, ohnoes said:

How's that good old land whale doing today?

Now that's just rude, calling Plask a land whale...

1 hour ago, bunbuns said:

Why does it not surprise me that the two kings of shitposting want the voting system gone? Maybe if you'd stop with injecting your whole b-but paladins routine into every single thread, people wouldn't deride you and you'd have a few more of those oh-so-important internet points.

because of stupid C U Next Tuesdays like you

17 minutes ago, gotmilk0112 said:

The vote system has been removed and re-added and re-removed and re-re-added...what the hell is going on

pretty much this ^^^

Theloras
The Destroyer of Guilds
339 posts

Edited by Theloras

55 minutes ago, gotmilk0112 said:

The vote system has been removed and re-added and re-removed and re-re-added...what the hell is going on

It was removed due to the nature of Toxic spreading across the server Forum, now re added with hope that the "Censorship" was too much , but it was obviously a huge mistake within community that is too hardcore and server is less restrictive to the Rules.

/Kind regards Killerduki

1 hour ago, Theloras said:

because of stupid C U Next Tuesdays like you

By all means continue to make an ass of yourself. Whether the voting system remains in place or not, everyone already knows that with every post you and duki make, this board gets a little shittier.

3 minutes ago, bunbuns said:

By all means continue to make an ass of yourself. Whether the voting system remains in place or not, everyone already knows that with every post you and duki make, this board gets a little shittier.

you really are a special snowflake aren't you?

BTW - how many bugs have you researched, written up and personally gotten fixed?

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/25951-paladin-bug-compendium/

Edited by Theloras

Some, but not as many as you. It doesn't really matter though, because number of bug reports made doesn't change the fact that the majority of your posts only exist to derail, distract and otherwise annoy everyone.

You said it yourself Theloras: your arguments are generally factually spot-on. If that's the case then why are you receiving so many downvotes? You and Duki receive downvotes because you overlook or don't care about the way your posts are worded. They are usually in a condescending or disagreeable manner, or completely off-topic and clearly directed in your own self-interest.

Perhaps you should take some time to reconsider your unique voice with which you write your posts and make it less discordant with the literary environment this forum exists in.

1 minute ago, metagame said:

You said it yourself Theloras: your arguments are generally factually spot-on. If that's the case then why are you receiving so many downvotes? You and Duki receive downvotes because you overlook or don't care about the way your posts are worded. They are usually in a condescending or disagreeable manner, or completely off-topic and clearly directed in your own self-interest.

Perhaps you should take some time to reconsider your unique voice with which you write your posts and make it less discordant with the literary environment this forum exists in.

have you ever read what people have spewed in our threads going back to 2012 on feenix? everything that I write is based on fact and first hand experience not internet derived drivel that forum trolls drudge up ad nauseum

bunbuns is mad cuz I had the audacity to challenge the TF nerf reversal due to the fact that this is a Blizzlike progressive vanilla server - you can't cherry pick which items follow the original blizzard timeline and which items do not

Yes, I was very active on the Feenix forum and I have followed your posts and threads (among thousands of others) throughout the last few years.

Just now, Theloras said:

have you ever read what people have spewed in our threads going back to 2012 on feenix? everything that I write is based on fact and first hand experience not internet derived drivel that forum trolls drudge up ad nauseum

bunbuns is mad cuz I had the audacity to challenge the TF nerf reversal due to the fact that this is a Blizzlike progressive vanilla server - you can't cherry pick which items follow the original blizzard timeline and which items do not

What metagame says has validity. The easiest way of realizing this is examining your posts if they were directed at you and you needed to respond to them. They instantly bring about an air of hostility. The entire voting system is pretty moot IMO... If they decide to get rid of it again, it gets wiped, the votes never meant anything at all. There are plenty of people who would like to just use the voting system maliciously, i.e. going to someones posts and just downvoting them without a care... This kind of stuff happens. My best suggestion to you is to just keep your head up high, and not care about it. You know that the validity of voting doesn't really matter, after all.

4 minutes ago, metagame said:

Yes, I was very active on the Feenix forum and I have followed your posts and threads (among thousands of others) throughout the last few years.

Then you will know that I don't give 2 $hits what people say about me - the entire point of this thread  here however, is to show that the voting system itself is a bull$hit metric unto itself and can be easily manipulated/abused.

That's all I'm saying.

Edited by Theloras

3 minutes ago, Shiamorah said:

What metagame says has validity. The easiest way of realizing this is examining your posts if they were directed at you and you needed to respond to them. They instantly bring about an air of hostility. The entire voting system is pretty moot IMO... If they decide to get rid of it again, it gets wiped, the votes never meant anything at all. There are plenty of people who would like to just use the voting system maliciously, i.e. going to someones posts and just downvoting them without a care... This kind of stuff happens. My best suggestion to you is to just keep your head up high, and not care about it. You know that the validity of voting doesn't really matter, after all.

Oh I agree, I'm just pointing out the fact that when people say that downvoting is representative of whether someone should be listened to or not on the forums or worse yet, forum banned if too many negative votes come their way is suspect.

Just now, Theloras said:

Oh I agree, I'm just pointing out the fact that when people say that downvoting is representative of whether someone should be listened to or not on the forums or worse yet, forum banned if too many negative votes come their way is suspect.

The people saying this have no legitimate authority over the forums, so again.. Their point is moot! This is an attempt to establish a false sense of power based on any individuals ability to downvote. Again, I would suggest to you to just let the haters hate, and ignore this argument they present entirely.

22 minutes ago, Shiamorah said:

The people saying this have no legitimate authority over the forums, so again.. Their point is moot! This is an attempt to establish a false sense of power based on any individuals ability to downvote. Again, I would suggest to you to just let the haters hate, and ignore this argument they present entirely.

Unfortunately, the Golden Rule doesn't apply to the internet - the entire "When they go low, we go high" mantra doesn't work in the age of 4Chan - just ask Hillary how the first 100 days of her presidency is going so far...

45 minutes ago, metagame said:

Killerduki is just a flat-out troll, with his endless insistence that Ret is good DPS and that Prot paladins are just as good as Warriors. Hell, I've even seen him say in Discord that Paladins are *better* at tanking than Warriors.

9 minutes ago, gotmilk0112 said:

Killerduki is just a flat-out troll, with his endless insistence that Ret is good DPS and that Prot paladins are just as good as Warriors. Hell, I've even seen him say in Discord that Paladins are *better* at tanking than Warriors.

Define my "Better" words , i have never said "Better" in literal sentence for everything.

And this discussion is not about who is flat-out troll , paladins or whatever is best or worse.

The Topic is Suggestion for removal of "Downvotes" because it brings only negativity toward the community in this forum thanks to few individuals who are vocal Minority everywhere including Reddit .

Nostalrius Censorship alike was the best one , since everyone who debate OFFTOPIC and Insult goes to scratch and probably muted.

Shall we make this Forum look like Feenix Forum ? I guess not. The one of the Reasons why Feenix was terrible is that there were literally 0 proper censorship and Toxicity was high upon the sky.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Edited by killerduki