Link

The War Effort Reborn

I am intrigued but a bit disappointed. Make it awesome.  Let it echo through time: "The Elysium war effort event was best thing that ever happened in the private server scen. I wish blizzard had done something like it!"

Just tell me a reason to unload my bank

I can wait until others do it and enjoy AQ + my mats untouched.

It is not optimal for me (or any intelligent individual) to give my stuff away (given infinite time)

In order to cooperate we need a contract and a punishment for not doing so, if not, the one who does not cooperate gets more benefits than the ones who do it.

More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory

Edited by NoGnomo

6 minutes ago, NoGnomo said:

Just tell me a reason to unload my bank

I can wait until others do it and enjoy AQ + my mats untouched.

It is not optimal for me (or any intelligent individual) to give my stuff away (given infinite time)

In order to cooperate we need a contract and a punishment for not doing so, if not, the one who does not cooperate gets more benefits than the ones who do it.

More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory

Isnt leaving people and not raiding AQ enough punishment? And if we are not talking about hundreds of stacks of mats its not really worth mentioning at these numbers anyways.

Just now, mytchi3 said:

Isnt leaving people and not raiding AQ enough punishment? And if we are not talking about hundreds of stacks of mats its not really worth mentioning at these numbers anyways.

please refer to the "infinite time" hypothesis

even if thats a punishment, I can assume everyone except me will cooperate, thus i will benefit more in the end

the risk of me (or any intelligent individual) cooperating, knowing all the other individuals are also intelligent and think like me, is that I cooperate and the others dont do it

this is a paradox in game theory, you cant solve it, it is never theorically optimal to cooperate

I just run around collect mats and turn in those for War effors. Its not like we as alliance have to turn in fireblooms. Nothing there is usefull or worth much. And many things there you cant sell even on AH for any reasonable profit for the time spent getting them. 

Great, let's reduce server's online by adding custom shit

You know some people play here only because it's close to original vanilla retail right

1 hour ago, TheDruidCode said:

I am intrigued but a bit disappointed. Make it awesome.  Let it echo through time: "The Elysium war effort event was best thing that ever happened in the private server scen. I wish blizzard had done something like it!"

I have to say I'm a little worried. But if they have a plan for completion in 3-4 weeks then maybe something like this extra will be awesome. I'd like awesome and another way of contributing to the war effort that isn't turning specific items in might work. I've turned in thousands, so don't get me wrong I'm not a weak link. But obviously a lot of people aren't contributing so an alternative that requires participation might be great.

I am rarely posting here since most of the time its pointless. But as a Darrowshire player I can tell you, Link, that is started to play on Nostalrius because it was the closest thing there was to Vanilla WoW back in 2005. It seems to me that you still work on AQ40 (I hope you use Quest/AQ20 from Valkyrie so everything on this front is already done) and there are some major bugs on the liveservers right now. In my opinion, there is no justification to work on custom content atm - most of the players don't want custom stuff anyway.

Just lower the numbers. Server population is way lower than back in the Nostalrius days. Just go with blizzard numbers x3/x4 and everyone will be happy and maybe even some of the spammers on the forums will start fishing.

Edited by Summer

1 hour ago, NoGnomo said:

even if thats a punishment, I can assume everyone except me will cooperate, thus i will benefit more in the end

the risk of me (or any intelligent individual) cooperating, knowing all the other individuals are also intelligent and think like me, is that I cooperate and the others dont do it

this is a paradox in game theory, you cant solve it, it is never theorically optimal to cooperate

You're making the assumption that "intelligent" players hoard their resources and make maximizing their individual gold counter their number one priority in this game. The reality is that there are many players who play this game to have fun. When you already have BWL on farm, it's fun to participate in the War Effort even though you might make less on those resources you farmed. AQ is fun and many people want to see it come out sooner, so they'll take the hit in their profits.

But, like mentioned in the announcement, there are also many players who either don't care and just want to max their $$$ (like you), or got pissed off over the ridiculously high resource requirements and made videos of them deleting 1000 firebloom.

The War Effort system itself is fine, but maybe not setting the requirements so high.

I'm still a little puzzled about how those numbers came to be.    From what I read, it was calculated, from existing active accounts - and adjusted to make the War Effort, actually require an EFFORT.    Okay, makes sense.

But when was the calculation done?   The database of existing, active accounts, must be off, somewhere.   As someone mentioned, right now - people are asked to gather resources estimated on an 8k+ population, when in fact, the population is only half that, at peak.

Also I'm intrigued to ask - was the calculation done, on the imported database from Nostalrius - but you forgot that many, many of those accounts never really entered the game again..   or was deleted when Nostalrius asked for you to let go of their "gift"?

Can someone help shed light on this?

6 minutes ago, Overtime said:

From last night.

bJLFmmx.png

By going off this table it would be enough to just revert back to blizzard values on those mats not completed and just round up to thousands those already finished. What do you say @Link?

Please lower the numbers and don't do custom events. 

3 hours ago, NoGnomo said:

Also the fuck is this post/user? Straight /r/iamverysmart material. Fucking autism.

Edited by SchfiftyFive

so more or less a nice way of saying fu where not fixing anything goodluck. clearly u guys didnt care what the players have to say .This is a joke realy why keep the numbers the same. I cant help but think this is just another trust us or gtfo kind of deals

1 u guys clearly didnt care what the players had to say

2 if aqs not done just say it fkin pushing players to endless farm for what now is probly aroud another 70+days to get this done is not how u go about it

and dont say your not so many people had there hope and eyes set on aq this is just a huge let done really

3 Its just sad u guy will not just lower the numbers even if there are guilds hording there not turning there stuff in what part of that didnt u staff get.

edit in 4 i cant help but think u guys are going  about this to try and kill the server or something

Edited by rajinsu

Kryll is coming back I can tell you that much.

This solution will not solve what actually matters most here.

We have no information on what will happen, when, how etc. Which leaves the player base in the dark once more in a period of uncertainties. Waiting game all over again. No feeling of accomplishment for those who actually participated in the event.

Watch how the WE will now stall as hard as it never did and discourage even more any kind of turn in / farming initiative.

Edited by Slicy

1 hour ago, Gehere said:

I'm still a little puzzled about how those numbers came to be.    From what I read, it was calculated, from existing active accounts - and adjusted to make the War Effort, actually require an EFFORT.    Okay, makes sense.

But when was the calculation done?   The database of existing, active accounts, must be off, somewhere.   As someone mentioned, right now - people are asked to gather resources estimated on an 8k+ population, when in fact, the population is only half that, at peak.

Also I'm intrigued to ask - was the calculation done, on the imported database from Nostalrius - but you forgot that many, many of those accounts never really entered the game again..   or was deleted when Nostalrius asked for you to let go of their "gift"?

Can someone help shed light on this?

We took 70% of materials active level 60 accounts who logged in during the Month of February. and then added an amount to that number for all materials.  The Calculation was done the day before the war effort launched, and we actually then even reviewed the active account log ins for the 4 days prior to launching it. In this case more players are trying to sell the materials needed, or just still storing them in banks and we can not force players to do turn ins. Hence lowering the numbers will still not force players to turn in materials. This will give players another way to hep the war effort.  We want players to have to come together as a team in order to complete the War effort. We will not be giving players tons of materials so they can choose to keep them etc. This will be an optional way to help greatly with the war effort we really do not want the war effort to go longer then the original planned 3-4 weeks when we started.

Why didn't you lower the required materials needed as the vast majority wanted? Why do you deem a custom event to be a better alternative?

2 minutes ago, Wirt said:

Why didn't you lower the required materials needed as the vast majority wanted? Why do you deem a custom event to be a better alternative?

Great question. Lowering the materials will still not get players to turn in materials.  Players at this point could choose or still not choose to farm/do turn ins. Players have been vocal on both sides as to why they are doing the turn ins and why they are not. Lowering the turn ins once, maybe again and maybe another time does not keep the feeling of team work.  Giving an optional event (not needed but highly recommended)   Would give those players who want to help but not turn in materials  and other players who have already farmed, a way to still team together to complete this event.