Patrykiel

Counterspell locked down... everything...

So I had a run in with some gnome mage today while trying to get around him without making much fuss, of course he didn't like my peaceful ways so a fight quickly broke out between me some warrior and the mage. I got counterspelled instantly while trying to defend myself from the two attackers as they jumped me and I noticed something really odd. Every single one and I do mean EVERY SINGLE ONE of my spells went on lockdown for 10 seconds after being counterspelled. Normally it would mean that when I'm casting searing pain or fear only one spell school would go down. As the description of the spell says:

Counters the enemy's spellcast, preventing any spell from that school of magic from being cast for 10 sec. Generates a high amount of threat.

But that was not the case. All of my spell schools went down and I could either A) Try to wand them to death or B) Slap them with my stick and Warlocks aren't exactly a melee class. I've tried asking if such a bug was reported or noted or if other caster classes have the same problem with counterspell (or a certain counterspell rank) which may cause the problem but apparently most folks who were playing don't know English all that well...

So I was curious if anyone else noticed this bug? Or is it being fixed? Perhaps it's only Warlock specific when counterspell is cast on our characters or maybe it's just one faulty counterspell rank that mages get around lvl 32-33? So far I wasn't able to test if the problem persists but for some reason it did happen.

Improved Counterspell
Gives your Counterspell a 50%/100% chance to silence the target for 4 sec.

Maybe this talent?

Edited by Wrathran

Chances are it was a consumable item, i know theres a 10 second complete spell lock from strat UD bosses . i can't remember what it was called, one was wail of the banshee but that is for reduced chance to hit.

there is a chance it was not even the mage you were fighting but one of his allies .

17 minutes ago, Fladrif said:

Same problem.

Mage silenced me for 10 seconds on ALL spells.

It's a bug.

me too!!

ohh wait... i'm a paladin :(