Sign in to follow this  
Cruzix

[Request] Addon to track when Mongoose Bite & Counterattack is usable

edit:
asdaaf made an addon for it here: https://github.com/asdaaf/MB-CA-icons

The addon needs to show the ability's icon whenever it's usable similar to how ModifiedPowerAuras does it. (You can't track this type of event through MPOWA nor will it be added as a feature)

I know WarriorHud can do that for Overpower (which also is an ability that only can be used upon X event happening) but I haven't been able to find an addon that does the same for Mongoose Bite and Counterattack.

Bonus: Make the addon track Riposte as well, I bet rogues would love that :p

Edited by Cruzix

39 minutes ago, meridaw said:

Have you tryd using MikScrollingBattleText? it makes it realy easy to spot when your target dodges, help me alot when i need to swap stance for overpower.

I'm not a fan of MSBT, it clutters the screen completely and takes my focus away from where it should be.

But MSBT doesn't do exactly what I want either, I want the ability icon to show up on the screen when it's usable (or any other customizable graphic)

This is the closest I've found to what I want (aside from WarriorHUD but that has tons of other features as well): https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/project-728 Although it plays a sound when Riposte is usable instead (Riposte works exactly like Counterattack)

Edited by Cruzix

MikScrollingBattleText is all you need, really. It's very easy to turn off everything except the triggers you need.

On 3/24/2017 at 11:05 AM, Cruzix said:

edit:
asdaaf made an addon for it here: https://github.com/asdaaf/MB-CA-icons

The addon needs to show the ability's icon whenever it's usable similar to how ModifiedPowerAuras does it. (You can't track this type of event through MPOWA nor will it be added as a feature)

I know WarriorHud can do that for Overpower (which also is an ability that only can be used upon X event happening) but I haven't been able to find an addon that does the same for Mongoose Bite and Counterattack.

Bonus: Make the addon track Riposte as well, I bet rogues would love that :p

Erm i'm feeling retarded right now but how do I install it? Is it standalone addon or modification for some other? I downloaded it, renamed (tried both just removing "-master" or completely rename it). In both cases it doesn't show on my load order.

Make sure the .toc file name and the directory the addon is in are the same. From the looks of the repository, the addon installs in MB-CA-icons, but the toc is MB CA icons.toc. You'll need to rename the toc file to MB-CA-icons.toc to get it to load.

5 minutes ago, Fulzamoth said:

Make sure the .toc file name and the directory the addon is in are the same. From the looks of the repository, the addon installs in MB-CA-icons, but the toc is MB CA icons.toc. You'll need to rename the toc file to MB-CA-icons.toc to get it to load.

Or just replace the "-" from the addon folder with regular spaces. But yes you have to rename it - github always makes spaces into "-"

personally i just renamed the entire addon to Hunticon and changed the slash command to /hunticon as well

Ok it made total sense guys so I just followed your example Cruzix but guess what? It still don't fucking load... i'm feeling extra retarded atm or super confused. Weird as fuck. I renamed folder to Hunticons and toc file to Hunticons.toc - didn't show in load order again. So i renamed EVERYTHING inside to Hunticons including lua fine and the one other. Still same shit. 

Edit1 - keeping original folder name and just adding "-" to toc file name made it work...

Edited by Morathe

10 minutes ago, Morathe said:

Ok it made total sense guys so I just followed your example Cruzix but guess what? It still don't fucking load... i'm feeling extra retarded atm or super confused. Weird as fuck. I renamed folder to Hunticons and toc file to Hunticons.toc - didn't show in load order again. So i renamed EVERYTHING inside to Hunticons including lua fine and the one other. Still same shit. 

Edit1 - keeping original folder name and just adding "-" to toc file name made it work...

Addon folder name and toc name has to be the exact same. That's about it. Don't touch the lua/xml files, you need to edit more things if you do so.

Edited by Cruzix

51 minutes ago, Morathe said:

you can redownload it from github. the .toc file is now correctly named thanks to fulzamoth.

Edited by asdaaf