Sign in to follow this  
ironskillet2

Promoting darrowshire growth

While darrowshire being one of (if not the only)  few PvE vanilla servers out there is attractive to those players who wish to only PvE.

what else is there to promote its growth? I play on this server and I love the server but with a diminishing pop (one that isnt as fast as others, but still prevalent) I'm worried it won't survive until BC.

I was honestly hoping that people from the new servers might be able to Xfer to here, I know darrowshire is ahead of them on progress, not as much as Anathema, but ahead regardless.

the zeth'kur people pretty much only have a 1 way ticket in where they would like to go (if the merge goes through), but possibly giving them an option to switch to a slightly further progressed PvE server would appease the people who don't wish to be forced to join a much higher populated server.

Edited by ironskillet2

1 hour ago, ironskillet2 said:

what else is there to promote its growth? I play on this server and I love the server but with a diminishing pop (one that isnt as fast as others, but still prevalent) I'm worried it will survive until BC.

As far as I am informed, there is no BC planned for any of the Elysium-Project realms.

Edited by Mahtan

35 minutes ago, Mahtan said:

As far as I am informed, there is no BC planned for any of the Elysium-Project realms.

yes but that is still what a lot of us are longing for. a good transition into a GOOD BC server with characters we mastered in vanilla

Why are you talking about TBC, no we don't want TBC and no there won't be a TBC.

Every farm spot on the server is packed with people, try not to be a doomsayer if its not needed.

9 hours ago, ironskillet2 said:

what else is there to promote its growth? I play on this server and I love the server but with a diminishing pop (one that isnt as fast as others, but still prevalent) I'm worried it won't survive until AQ or Naxx.

*fixed* for those saying about BC.

The Truth is we have a diminishing population and with the continuing decline along with the assumption at any given time 100-150 of those on are botters, gold farmers, gold sellers who will never contribute to the game but harm it we see in about 2-3 months a lot of guilds having to merge or collapse even with ZG coming next month. Its gotten so hard for new people to find groups or even 60's to find groups because most now are raid loggers and do the odd thing with guild outside of raid only. IF and SW are crowded with those who sit in their all day long with NO interest in anything but raiding and eventually people burn out and just quit. This doesn't help the small trickle of new blood that hears about us and gives it a try because quickly they feel all alone.

Now of course we are limited on what we can do to stop the decline because we can't force people to play outside raiding or making alt after alt. But the thing we can do is try and keep sizable enough of a population with limited choices of where to go as to keep the population high enough that their are more to fill in. In this regard while Elysium won't admit it but they really dropped the ball hardcore opening Zeth which drained numbers from Darrowshire hard because people who wanted a new *fresh* server but not really pvp and Elysium was just to crowded. They wanted that chance to be top dog and have learned that *top dog* takes 10x more then most who thought they could could ever put in. Those players are trapped on a server they don't like as many had no idea what vanilla pvp servers were really like with the griefing and corpse camping and many of them quit rather then reroll.

The solution would be simple enough. Close down Zeth and allow transfers to Darrowshire and Elysium from Zeth. One could even offer limited transfers from Elysium to Darrowshire. to help balance the populations. I'd be betting on Elysium and Zeth there are at least a few hundred who really don't like the pvp atmosphere yet can't be bothered to reroll and are likely to be lost soon enough regardless and it also make bring back some returning players who got sick of the pvp style zone controls and gank fests.

I dont agree Synais.

I feel like those 8000 pop server became a thing for the super causal that play a few hours a week(insta group, bg's etc), but for normal players 8000 or even 3000 is just unplayable.

If people don't like playing on one server and wanna play on another, they are free to reroll. No special case should be made for them.

And tbh do you really want all the people that can't find guilds or group cause they are dicks, to come to our server Synais?(i assume you play on Darrowshire).

EVERY game server ever goes through a massive ramp up in population when it opens followed by a huge crash a few months later.  This isn't some new phenomenon.  When Anathema and Darrowshire opened back in December there was a huge "land rush" on the new servers which has since abated.  The notion that high populations upon opening will be sustained indefinitely is not well considered.