Cogfather

War Effort — UPDATE 3/26/2017

I'm hoping the new numbers reflect the turn in rate after the initial dump. I think everyone here is just a bit worried about a minor decrease that forces us to have autocomplete finish it. If they want the server to be popping again then give us mats we can come together and farm in a week or two. Just my two cents for the 100th time haha. Let's get this done though boys. If the values are within reason let's get it together and smash them out.

If the numbers are still retarded then everyone will actually quit. Nobody is going to go out and kill raptors for raptor meat 247 for no gain and the same thing goes for copper bars. 

7 hours ago, harple said:

in conclusio you state NOPE left because they restricted the amount of players who could achieve the scarab? And added a deadline untill when they had to finish the quest, which was an excellent idea because:

"Even once the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj are open, people may wish to complete part of the scepter questline for the epic rewards. This quest-line can be completed after the initial war has ended and the gates are open, and all rewards but the final mount (which can only be received during the 10-hour war event) are accessible. Here's a list of the quests that give rewards."

So these guilds would have let us wait to finish all their quest untill they all are at the turning in-point for X-amount of mounts. We would not have had AQ for 6 MONTHS rofl. With their stockpiled materials (which are here) they could have controlled the time when war efforts are finished and had enough time for the questline etc. etc. it is very easy to see this plan unfold. But hey not my problem :D

Sorry this is a very weak reasoning. But it is your oppinion and I respect it.

I been on another server that tried to do what Elysium been doing with War Effort. It killed the population big time and ruined the whole event. As for reasons to quit.. There is many and it would probably be a combination. For example look at the itemization. Thunderfury nerfed. Then buffed. Then nerfed. The pvp items going back and forth. ED dragons being completely broken back and forth the last months etc etc. I can make a list if you want.

11 hours ago, Plask said:

I been on another server that tried to do what Elysium been doing with War Effort. It killed the population big time and ruined the whole event. As for reasons to quit.. There is many and it would probably be a combination. For example look at the itemization. Thunderfury nerfed. Then buffed. Then nerfed. The pvp items going back and forth. ED dragons being completely broken back and forth the last months etc etc. I can make a list if you want.

I think it is understood by the serious posters in this thread that they need to get this right. One can only hope that the administrators have been absorbing feedback and also understand the gravity of the update.

You said 3-4 weeks. Lets not go beyond that please.

40 minutes ago, StarecaseXD said:

I think it is understood by the serious posters in this thread that they need to get this right. One can only hope that the administrators have been absorbing feedback and also understand the gravity of the update.

You said 3-4 weeks. Lets not go beyond that please.

Its already been 3 weeks. Highly unlikely its over by next week.  Dont forget, even if the war effort was completed today, you would need a minimum of 2-3 BWL resets in order to get through some of the steps in the quest chain, and that doesnt include the carapace farming part of it.

My "earliest" estimate in which we would be able to raid AQ would be the first week or two in May, and thats wishful thinking.  A more realistic release date would be sometime in june.

At the end of the day, i hope im wrong.  i hope the news is a breath of fresh air, which is something Anathema dearly needs.

Love you all

8 minutes ago, Therealfotm said:

realistic release date would be sometime in june.

I quit if this is the case sorry guys. Would rather fist my dad than watch the server population continue to drop to probably 1900 euro peak and 500 NA peak by the time AQ is actually released. It's seriously depressing. Just thinking about it makes me recite the lyrics to Linkin Park's Numb outloud as I type this out. 

Edited by Lifealert

Just now, Lifealert said:

I quit if this is the case sorry guys. Would rather fist my dad than watch the server population continue to drop to probably 1900 euro peak and 500 NA peak by the time AQ is actually released. It's seriously depressing. 

Hi lifealert!!!

Yah, i think most people i know would end up quitting if thats the case, hell even if its out in may i can see many leaving.

We'll see when they release this update, but if it doesnt auto complete within 2 weeks, im sticking to my original projection.

1 hour ago, Therealfotm said:

Hi lifealert!!!

Yah, i think most people i know would end up quitting if thats the case, hell even if its out in may i can see many leaving.

We'll see when they release this update, but if it doesnt auto complete within 2 weeks, im sticking to my original projection.

Autocompletion is 3% per day so earliest is 30 days or 1 month so that is end pf april

On 27.3.2017 at 3:42 AM, Cogfather said:

This Wednesday, 10 AM Server time, we will be taking the realms down for standard maintenance, and applying changes to Anathema's war effort. 

After further discussion and consulting with staff and players, updated War Effort completion numbers will be implemented alongside an auto-completion system. 

Do you try to turn this server into a meme?

On 27.3.2017 at 3:42 AM, Cogfather said:

This Wednesday, 10 AM Server time, we will be taking the realms down for standard maintenance, and applying changes to Anathema's war effort. 

I dont even know what to say anymore... :/

in regards to the question of when the new numbers will be applied:

Xiel-Today at 1:27 PM

@Shiver I hear that we are working to provide an update actually. Your patience is appreciated.

1 minute ago, Zodish said:

in regards to the question of when the new numbers will be applied:

Xiel-Today at 1:27 PM

@Shiver I hear that we are working to provide an update actually. Your patience is appreciated.

What update? As in another useless announcement of an announcement? If they don't apply fixes today that's gonna be the end 

Nah I think they know that shit is about to hit the fan if they don't update the numbers today as promised.

I shall remain hopeful at least until the end of the day.... Hopeful yet concerned :S

Edited by Zodish
spelling

2 minutes ago, Zodish said:

Nah I think they know that shit is about to hit the fan if they do update the numbers today as promised.

I shall remain hopeful at least until the end of the day.... Hopeful yet concerned :S

This is just becoming too common. If they don't apply them today you're correct... shit will hit the fan.

At the risk of sounding like a troll, have these guys gotten anything right? I am really struggling to think of a time that they acted in accord with community expectations in a timely manner. Instead it's just been a string of late, poorly handled updates. I try to be optimistic (remained on L4G even as it's peak pop dipped below 800) but I am starting to seriously question why I am placing faith in these devs. Seriously, someone give me a reason to hope.

7 minutes ago, Randysavage said:

At the risk of sounding like a troll, have these guys gotten anything right? I am really struggling to think of a time that they acted in accord with community expectations in a timely manner. Instead it's just been a string of late, poorly handled updates. I try to be optimistic (remained on L4G even as it's peak pop dipped below 800) but I am starting to seriously question why I am placing faith in these devs. Seriously, someone give me a reason to hope.

Na you don't sound like a troll.this is absolutely pathetic. How the hell do they keep doing this?

53 minutes ago, Randysavage said:

same. IF they do not do it right this time i will go to the relaunch of l4g and raidlogg on this server untill it is ashes