RonaldoR9

[Suggestion] Zeth'Kur population issue and overall Elysium project

New option for Elysium realms  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this new suggestion?

• Yes it's a brilliant idea. A good step forward for Elysium
    • No its not good and there are better options
    • Just merge zeth'kur and Elysium

Hi, Elysium staff and players 

I have a new suggestion that i would like the staff of elysium to look at and think about. And I think this will improve Elysium a lot. This suggestion is regarding the zeth'kur population issue as well as overall project. This suggestion is what i think is better than merges or transfers. And this will benefit the population of all 4 realms. 

First, let me tell you what I feel are some mistakes/problems that are affecting the Elysium and the population of its servers, especially zeth'kur:

• realms not being at same patch/timeline
  • realm named after the project "elysium" which makes it the "main" server
  • not setting player caps to realms

I feel these are problems that are affecting elysium realms right now and doesn't allow even distribution of the players among the 4 realms. For example people can be forced to join Elysium because its named after the project and has the highest population due to the problems listed above.

I would like to suggest that elysium does the following:

• wipe everything on all realms (including characters, items, EVERYTHING...)
  • reset all realms to patch 1.0
  • rename all the realms
  • release the realms as a fresh start at the same time at same patch/timeline 1.0
  • set player cap 4000k for each realm totalling a capacity of 16k players. since the 2500 cap during vanilla wasnt meant to be and was raised, it might still be blizzlike to raise the cap here to 4000k at least

The advantages of doing all this:

• all realms have the same patch/timeline
  • there will be no "main" realm. all realms are equal and same and staff will not have to care for one realm while ignoring another
  • enabling cross-realm battlegrounds for shorter queue times because realms at same patch and itemization
  • since total player capacity of all 4 combined realms is less than current Elysium total playerbase, there will be constantly around 4000k players on all realms but maybe with some short queues. no more complaints about poplulation numbers :)
  • population at 4k is perferct. not too high and not too low
  • easier for staff to manage the 4 realms that have the same patch
  • give developers more time again for more scripting and development
  • might be easier to implement than a merge or transfer
  • avoid problems with economy if transfer occured
  • no realm will "die". after the rename we won't know which one was anathema and which one was elysium. 

Disadvantages:

• starting over from level 1 again and waiting for longer for patch releases
  • some queues

I feel this is what Elysium misses and does not have. Implementing this will improve elysium servers and spread the players among the 4 servers equally. No main realm. All equal with same amount of players. it will still be blizzlike and with crossrealm battlegrounds. I really feel this is better than a merger or transfer. and it would be a big improvement. would you give up your level 60 character with all its gear and restart again just one more time to help imrove Elysium realms and fix the population issue? 

If I was the project admin i would implement this right now!

share your thoughts and vote :)

Edited by RonaldoR9

yes this idea rocks man i would love to start over ive only done it on multiple private servers lets just start fresh again and in 6 months lets do it again and keep doing that forever. this would kill the server but good april fools joke 

1 minute ago, kegboy said:

yes this idea rocks man i would love to start over ive only done it on multiple private servers lets just start fresh again and in 6 months lets do it again and keep doing that forever. this would kill the server but good april fools joke 

Im serious about this not joking -_-

well maybe this is your first private server and you wouldnt mind the idea because everything is new but this would completely kill elysium. sorry its the worst idea ever suggested on these forums

3 minutes ago, kegboy said:

well maybe this is your first private server and you wouldnt mind the idea because everything is new but this would completely kill elysium. sorry its the worst idea ever suggested on these forums

i have a 60 on anathema and ive played on Nostalrius and so no its not my first pserver

Nobody wants to level all over again. This isn't retail and the low levels can be overwhelmingly boring to go through. Many players would probably quit and move onto another private server such as the newly released Burning Crusade server "Hellfire". Ironically it would solve the population issues on Elysium bringing it's current population down to something more stable.

Dumb. Quit crying... level... play the game. Stop being hurt that people are a couple steps ahead of you.

Voted just merge ZK/Ely because your idea is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard, I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul

On 1-4-2017 at 11:58 PM, RonaldoR9 said:

wipe everything on all realms (including characters, items, EVERYTHING...)

This is how you kill the whole elysium project.