Sign in to follow this  
JCarrill0

Retribution 2-Handed leveling Weapons

Just thought I'd share what I recommend for young Paladins players to use as they level up.

I will add, that I removed Mograine's Might from the list. It's a nice 2h, but overall Bonebiter is better.
If you don't get the Rockpounder by level 50, just do your Paladin quest and get Lightforged Blade.

Feel free to jump in and explain what you recommend.

Edited by JCarrill0

There is really nice Weapon from BRD which gives Spell Damage, Intellect and Strength.

Don't underrate that one , because Spell Damage in this project works good.

/Kind regards Killerduki

On 4/4/2017 at 5:44 AM, killerduki said:

There is really nice Weapon from BRD which gives Spell Damage, Intellect and Strength.

Don't underrate that one , because Spell Damage in this project works good.

/Kind regards Killerduki

True, but by the time your running BRD, you could be using AV weapons.

8 hours ago, maplemale said:

I did not know that was a drop from Name of The Light! Guess I should finish that quest... I've been using http://www.wowhead.com/item=1722/thornstone-sledgehammer 

For only 2-4g in AH, it's not been a bad alternative for now.

No worries, keep in mind the level 50 quest is not available on Elysium/Zeth'Kur yet

After getting here (lvl 51) and reading up, i'm going to say that you do NOT want to choose Lightforged Blade as a quest reward from Forging the Mightstone! BAD choice when compared to the other reward option: Sanctified Orb I'm discovering that trinkets are rare in vanilla and this one is very nice, probably even at level 60 the additional crit % is pretty unbeatable from what i'm finding so far!

The other thing is that Ice Barbed Spear is pretty much impossible to get on Darrowshire - right? I mean, either everyone on this server is a wuss and doesn't like to PVP at all ever or battlegrounds aren't implemented or horde pop is too low etc... i don't know but I've waited for hours on many occasions and never end up in a battle.

So, i'm halfway thru lvl 51 now and still have the Bonebiter. Never went for the Rock Pounder cause running thru instances like that over and over again till your item drops is time better spent just grinding out xp / questing. Unless you're in a good guild (which I haven't looked for) that runs sub 60 instances regularly and doesn't fail at it.

14 hours ago, maplemale said:

After getting here (lvl 51) and reading up, i'm going to say that you do NOT want to choose Lightforged Blade as a quest reward from Forging the Mightstone! BAD choice when compared to the other reward option: Sanctified Orb I'm discovering that trinkets are rare in vanilla and this one is very nice, probably even at level 60 the additional crit % is pretty unbeatable from what i'm finding so far!

The other thing is that Ice Barbed Spear is pretty much impossible to get on Darrowshire - right? I mean, either everyone on this server is a wuss and doesn't like to PVP at all ever or battlegrounds aren't implemented or horde pop is too low etc... i don't know but I've waited for hours on many occasions and never end up in a battle.

So, i'm halfway thru lvl 51 now and still have the Bonebiter. Never went for the Rock Pounder cause running thru instances like that over and over again till your item drops is time better spent just grinding out xp / questing. Unless you're in a good guild (which I haven't looked for) that runs sub 60 instances regularly and doesn't fail at it.

Out of the 3 choices for the level 50 quest... for Ret, lightforge blade is amazing. While the ring is a great choice for healers (early on) the trinket is a great choice for something if you already have a good weapon.

if you don't, choose the sword. Both are replaced at 60 either way. The sword was chosen since you didn't get Rockpounder.

if your still using bonebitter  after 50, and you chose the trinket, that's cool too, but your missed the point of the thread...

2-Handed weapons for leveling.

Is Bonebiter still better than Morgraines if you are a human with mace racial?

I'm guessing yes with all that strength?

12 hours ago, holix said:

Is Bonebiter still better than Morgraines if you are a human with mace racial?

I'm guessing yes with all that strength?

What level?

at 37 morgraines might has a fast swing, as ret you want slow, 3.6 speed is ideal.

at 50 I would go for the Lightforged Blade, especially if your Human.

15 hours ago, petroix said:

Why 3.6 is ideal? 3.8 is worse? I thought the slower the better.

The question was about if mograines might which has a speed of 2.8, while bonebitter has a 3.4 speed.

imo a weapon with 3.6 is the sweet spot.

while you are correct @petroix slower is better, @Thelorasis probably my expert I would suggest to help describe this further.

I do know there is videos were Ret uses 4.0 speed weapons, totally fine. IMO 3.6 is ideal, but that is off topic from the Original Post.

5 hours ago, JCarrill0 said:

The question was about if mograines might which has a speed of 2.8, while bonebitter has a 3.4 speed.

imo a weapon with 3.6 is the sweet spot.

while you are correct @petroix slower is better, @Thelorasis probably my expert I would suggest to help describe this further.

I do know there is videos were Ret uses 4.0 speed weapons, totally fine. IMO 3.6 is ideal, but that is off topic from the Original Post.

from my tests on Feenix, which was bugged up the ass, 3.6 seemed to be the best speed for Seal of Command procs overall

but take that with a grain of salt as I have not done any intensive testing here

5 hours ago, petroix said:

It's related so no sense to make a new thread or sth. I'd like to hear your explanation why 3.6 is ideal for you? Slower should have higher dmg = better dmg with SoC.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19106 any replacement for this? Cus it's from AV, not available on Elysium/ZK yet.

Lightforged Blade....

however... there is some good items in BRD you can look into.

One of my Paladins (on ZK) used LFB till I saved up mats for Arc Reaper.

My paladin on Anathema will be skipping LFB since I have Rockpounder and will be going for IBS.

I had a few questions about post 60, and I have told them all the same answer....

There is lots of items for 2-Handers at 60, you just need to go with the one that suits you.

IMO (In My Opinion) Pigs-Head is the best pre-raid 2-Hander.