23 minutes ago, AzAMOuS said:

Elysium WILL die. 

Well duuuuuuuuh, everyone and everything will die.

Do you have a date when it will die?

If anything, having a moderate amount of players is probably safer. I mean Nostalrius had a gazillion players and that didn't help now did it?

11 minutes ago, Wrathran said:

Well duuuuuuuuh, everyone and everything will die.

Do you have a date when it will die?

If anything, having a moderate amount of players is probably safer. I mean Nostalrius had a gazillion players and that didn't help now did it?

I'm not a fully certified prophet yet so I can't pinpoint a date. You're probably right, but it saddens me to see what the Nostalrius legacy turned out to achieve.

11 hours ago, geodude074 said:

The solution isn't to increase the spawn rates, which would make the server further unBlizzlike. The solution is to decrease the population to be more Blizzlike.

Players don't want that as shown by Zeth'Kur's situation.

There is no solution cause there is no problem.

If you dont think the price is worth it then don't buy it.

We cleared ony bwl mc under 4 hours without world buffs and expensive consums like mongoose. (Horde wiped us in brd and we lost all buffs comming from onyxia). For bwl and mc you dont need consums unless you aim for under 2 hours for whole weeks content :D

OP thx for my awesome plaguebloom farm for past couple of weeks you fund my bank greatly. Keep buying

The reason why the price of herbs is so high currently is simply due to the lack of new players. If I'm not mistaken, dynamic respawn is tuned compared to the total server population. In other words, level 1-59 players contribute to increase the respawn rate of all the herbs, including high-level herbs like black lotus (increase in supply) while not consumming any (no increase in demand). That's why prices were OK on the old Nostalrius (constant arrival of new players). Since the server is currently reaching a point where most people are lvl 60 (few new players, few people rerolling on Anathema), we have the same demand with a much lower supply. 

So in conclusion, we do have a blizzlike population, but we don't have a blizzlike lvl 60 population, hence the lack of herbs. If you add to that the arrival of AQ, and the fact that a large share of the lvl 60 population is actively raiding, the problem is even worse, but those two factors were already there on the old Nostalrius. The problem that I described here is specific to Anathema, and due to the 2 other fresh servers, aka Elysium and Zeth'kur. 

yes for casuals content is up.  completing bwl and MC under  1 hour is hardly any challenege.

12 hours ago, AzAMOuS said:

At this rate, Elysium WILL die. 

A lot of the original Nostalrius players have quit this server, mainly due to the lies spouted by staff about AQ's release and the lies about the scripting ability of the development team. The non-blizzlike additions made by Elysium (possibly Nostalrius themselves) are also a factor, e.g. reduced chances to pickpocket in certain instances, mages are unable to farm DM for gold, other things like this. Took them months to fix fear+stun DC bug and it's back. The inflation, the gold dupes on Anathema, the custom-made Level 60's that are probably running around.

It's embarrassing how Anathema is now sitting at 2195. That's what the Nostalrius legacy amounted to, 2195. Even Darrowshire right now is under 1000. Zeth'Kur is sitting at a measly 600, Elysium is now at 4400. 

People are quitting more and more everyday and nothing is being done about it even with the amount of words typed about it.

Good luck Elysium, it's not looking good at all.

Sad story. What time were you looking at the population? USA primetime?

On 4/5/2017 at 7:57 PM, Undertanker said:

25x the amount of successful raiding guilds on 1 server compared to retail vanilla, same spawn rate of resources.   Supply vs demand, not inflation.

This sums it up perfectly. There are an insane number of people buying consumables every day for raiding and you're all clearly showing you're willing to pay ridiculous prices, so they will continue to be listed at those prices. The only thing that could come close to a solution is stop buying consumables until everyone undercuts each other into the ground. This won't happen though, so don't expect the prices to drop much

17 hours ago, Banezilla said:

Sad story. What time were you looking at the population? USA primetime?

It was yesterday at 10:25 AM GMT.

If your entire raid needs to flask for MC or BWL...

oh dear.

Indeed. Back in real vanilla nobody really even used flasks before Nihilum flasked their whole raid for Cthun (and they caught some flak for it too). Even after that it was mostly tanks who used flasks and maybe rest of the raid for 4H and KT. And that was with Pentium processors, laggy servers and older client. Little brothers need to step up their game if they think they need flasks to raid.

On 4/7/2017 at 5:46 AM, arucado said:

which tbc fun server?

primalwow.  It's progressive to WotLK and TBC is right around the corner.

17 hours ago, sreaver said:

Indeed. Back in real vanilla nobody really even used flasks before Nihilum flasked their whole raid for Cthun (and they caught some flak for it too). Even after that it was mostly tanks who used flasks and maybe rest of the raid for 4H and KT. And that was with Pentium processors, laggy servers and older client. Little brothers need to step up their game if they think they need flasks to raid.

You dont NEED flask same as you dont need all world buffs its just more fun to see big numbers and take down mobs by groups otherwise impossible without cc. Kinda like retail wow, just here to reach that powerfull over 9000 state you need all possible buffs and that includes flasks for casters.

5 hours ago, mytchi3 said:

You dont NEED flask same as you dont need all world buffs its just more fun to see big numbers and take down mobs by groups otherwise impossible without cc. Kinda like retail wow, just here to reach that powerfull over 9000 state you need all possible buffs and that includes flasks for casters.

Obviously it's fun. But just like in retail, folks who can't handle what the game demands of them, to reach that state, are asking to make the game easier for them (faster respawn in this case). The reality is that vanilla WoW is by design such, that not everyone in the raid can be superhero9000. Instead most are just cogs in the wheel compared to the most dedicated ones, and that's fine, as the game is about succeeding as a team not as an individual. And to make sure that the original vision of the game comes true, resources can not be easily available to everyone who just wants them.

17 minutes ago, sreaver said:

Obviously it's fun. But just like in retail, folks who can't handle what the game demands of them, to reach that state, are asking to make the game easier for them (faster respawn in this case). The reality is that vanilla WoW is by design such, that not everyone in the raid can be superhero9000. Instead most are just cogs in the wheel compared to the most dedicated ones, and that's fine, as the game is about succeeding as a team not as an individual. And to make sure that the original vision of the game comes true, resources can not be easily available to everyone who just wants them.

In the end of the day all raids currently out are possible with normal raid buff. The issue here is people are stacking up on consumables before AQ and prices are already high. Once AQ comes out and people start chugging abnormal ammount to cover wipes prices will go even higher especially on plaguebloom and flasks.

Unfortunately people will quit if this situation is not adressed. Nobody profits from this except herbalists and by the looks of it every single person is herbalist. herbs are camped 24/7 and its still not enough. Increase is herb spawn rate would make them once again ascessible like they were and i think should be.

13 minutes ago, mytchi3 said:

I

Unfortunately people will quit if this situation is not adressed.

Good. It's not a game for them, like I explained in my earlier post. If more of that crowd had quit back in the day, instead of whining for changes, retail might still be a good game.

You absolutely don't need to chug flasks or elixirs in AQ or even Naxx.

10 hours ago, sreaver said:

Good. It's not a game for them,

And the games resources were not designed with having 111 + full content raiding guilds on 1 server either. 

On 4/8/2017 at 10:26 AM, sreaver said:

Main reason people didn't flask / speedrun 10 years ago was there were no raid stats.  If raid stats existed like they do on these private servers all the top guilds would be going full try hard.  Black lotus wasn't even expensive either, I remember on my server they were like 20g, flasks were like 50g.  I know this server has more inflation than my retail vanilla server but still 20g for a lotus and 50g for a flask was way more affordable than the current prices on anathema.

36 minutes ago, mytchi3 said:

Its been adjusted now yay!

For sure.   Glad to see they are not only listening, but responding.   

8 hours ago, Undertanker said:

And the games resources were not designed with having 111 + full content raiding guilds on 1 server either. 

Sure they were, as the raids are/were not tuned to people using flasks or elixirs until TBC, according to Blizzard.

4 hours ago, quasexort said:

Main reason people didn't flask / speedrun 10 years ago was there were no raid stats.  If raid stats existed like they do on these private servers all the top guilds would be going full try hard.  Black lotus wasn't even expensive either, I remember on my server they were like 20g, flasks were like 50g.  I know this server has more inflation than my retail vanilla server but still 20g for a lotus and 50g for a flask was way more affordable than the current prices on anathema.

I guess people didn't do world/server firsts either because there were no WoWprogress? C'mon, any vanilla raider would know that people did compete in speed runs back then, it's just that most of the old breed didn't give a crap about stuff like that.

5 hours ago, mytchi3 said:

Its been adjusted now yay!

Going the same path as retail went, and give in to whiners, yay!

2 hours ago, sreaver said:

Going the same path as retail went, and give in to whiners, yay!

Farming for hours to get enough gold to buy consumables for one raid is ok by your standards while there are people who abused this period made tens of thousands. It was a problem to be adressed. Everyone was forced to get herbalism as second profesion because gold farms were nerfed so people farmed their own herbs instead of buying it. Arcane crystals went up by 30% because people dropped mining for herbalism. Situation was getting out of hand.