Sign in to follow this  
senseiwu100

What class?

1 hour ago, senseiwu100 said:

Starting to play today what class do you think I should play? I don't know what is good etc.

They're all good. Pick the one that fits the role you most want to play. If you want to tank - warrior. If you want to heal - priest, druid... and so on

I think pet classes (Warlock, Hunter) are more forgiving to learn with. These classes can solo much better and are more forgiving if you accidentally pull too much or something too high for your level.

I would go Warlock....Each pet fills a different role WITHOUT all the hubub that comes with the hunter pets.

If you don't want a "pet class" , Id go with Priest.  Get an average wand off the AH and you are good to go. 

Cant go wrong with undead mage. Easy to learn, easier to master. And enough people to ask questions to.

You didn't tell us anything. Is your focus pve or pvp? What role do you want to play (tank, heal, dps)?

Best leveling/solo-play classes: Hunter, Warlock, Mage for farming

Best PvP classes: Rogue, Mage, Priest, geared Warrior

Best Tank: Warrior

Best Healer: Priest

3 hours ago, Xuno said:

Best PvP classes: Rogue, Mage, Priest, geared Warrior

Does "dot dot fear" ring a bell? Warlocks are also OP as hell too.

3 hours ago, Xuno said:

Best Tank: Warrior

Best Healer: Priest

With the Warrior for tanking I agree as they are the only real choice for tanking the raids. As for the healers, Druids and Paladins/Shamans are just as good as Priests, though they are good for different things.

7 hours ago, Zenechules said:

Roll a Shaman, easy to learn, incredibly high skill ceiling so you can keep advancing as a player.

yea so skill just do chain lightning bolt chain lightning and earth shock this is the hardest combo in the game 

12 hours ago, zmandude24 said:

Does "dot dot fear" ring a bell? Warlocks are also OP as hell too.

Yes it's particularly good against Undead Rogues and Warriors, about 40% of the horde player base.

12 hours ago, zmandude24 said:

With the Warrior for tanking I agree as they are the only real choice for tanking the raids. As for the healers, Druids and Paladins/Shamans are just as good as Priests, though they are good for different things.

Holy Priests are the best healers by far. 

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:06 PM, kegboy said:

yea so skill just do chain lightning bolt chain lightning and earth shock this is the hardest combo in the game 

Have you ever played Shaman? I guess not. A good shaman can 1v3-4. The skill ceiling for Shaman is very high, like I said, easy to learn (Your amateur combo) Hard to master.

6 hours ago, Zenechules said:

Have you ever played Shaman? I guess not. A good shaman can 1v3-4. The skill ceiling for Shaman is very high, like I said, easy to learn (Your amateur combo) Hard to master.

I would've thought that shaman doesn't have nearly the amount of cc abilities needed for 1vsN, how is that possible? Just kiting with earth shock and totems?

Warrior:

----- Protection: The best tank in the game, hands down.

----- Arms: Extremely strong in PvP. Source of the only 50% healing debuff in vanilla. Grab a pocket healer and you're unstoppable. Alright for PvE dps.

----- Fury: *Once you get geared* Extremely strong PvE dps. Very, very gear dependent, but once you get going, you'll be up there with Rogues and Mages, plus you'll be able to offtank in a pinch.

(As a Warrior, you are very gear dependent, and leveling will be hell unless you have a main character to feed you gear... but any Warrior will tell you, it's worth it.)

Paladin:

----- Retribution: Very self-sufficient. DPS is noticeably lower than other classes/specs, but you have very powerful utility to more than make up for it in 5mans and PvP. One of the very few specs that can give a frost mage a run for their money in PvP.

----- Protection: Very good for tanking 5mans, but not really viable for raiding unless you are overgeared. More than enough for dungeon leveling, though.

----- Holy: The most mana-efficient healer in the game. Arguably the best tank healer for raiding. Incredibly sturdy. Best PvP healer.

(As a Paladin, your blessings and offheals are incredible, and you'll be able to provide extremely powerful defensive utility.)

Shaman:

----- Elemental: PvP powerhouse. PvE, acceptable dps with strong utility... nobody will come looking for you but you likely won't be turned away, either.

----- Enhancement: See above. A string of windfury crits can bring down anyone, but it's quite RNG.

----- Restoration: Very powerful raid healer. Quite good for PvP as well. Strong damage for a healer.

(As a Shaman, you'll always bring strong utility in the form of totems and offheals, and offensive purges are a powerhouse in PvP. You can self-rez to help )

Hunter:

----- Marksmanship: Strong damage and brings a nice buff. Good for middle-of-the-road gear.

----- Survivial: Best for raiding with high-end gear.

----- Beast Mastery: Absolutely incredible for soloing and leveling. Great for low-geared PvP.

(As a Hunter, you will across-the-board have an easy time leveling and PvPing against most classes. However, the skill cap is rather high. You have a very niche role for raiding in Tranq shot, so you can get a spot rather easily compared to other pure DPS classes, as long as you're hit capped.)

Rogue:

----- Assassination: Great for PvP. Tons of burst damage and control.

----- Combat: One of the most powerful PvE dps builds in the game. Not much more to say.

----- Sublety: Tied with frost mage for the best control specs in the game for PvP.

(As a Rogue, you'll have an easy time leveling in a PvP environment, and always bring high damage.)

Druid:

----- Balance: Not that great in vanilla. Damage is alright, and utility is strong, but you'd only be brought for your buff.

----- Feral: See above for DPS(Cat) spec. For tanking(Bear), you're in the same boat as the Prot Pally: More than enough for dungeons, and you can do some raiding if you're overgeared, but you'll never be picked over a warrior.

----- Restoration: Outstanding healers, both for tank and raid healing. Interestingly, one of the best 1v1 specs for PvP, if played as hybrid cat/resto spec.

(As a Druid, you are inherently powerful in PvP due to your mobility, offhealing, and self-healing. Battle rezzes are great too.)

Priest:

----- Holy: Arguably the most powerful healer in the game, very well-rounded. Not much else to say here. You don't have the HoTs of a druid, or the mana efficiency of a Paladin, or the zzzz chain heal raid healing prowess of a shaman, but you are the most flexible healer, and can put out some serious HPS. Decent off-damage when needed as well.

----- Discipline: Kind of a niche spec, worth having one around for Pain Suppression though.

----- Shadow: Not the best for PvE dps, but your auto-raid-healing and shadow weaving makes having one desirable. However, an absolute monster in PvP, capable of melting any spec in the game, and laughing while you do it.

(As a Priest, you'll always be able to bring some off-healing or off-damage, and fort is a great buff. Mana burn and mind control are a lot of fun!)

Warlock:

----- Affliction: Amazing for leveling, PvP, and raiding. Infinite mana. Regarded as the best warlock spec for everything, I think.

----- Destruction: I'm pretty ignorant about this spec. I'm under the impression that it's inferior to affliction.

----- Demonology: Soul link is great for PvP. Not sure why else you'd pick this over affliction.

(As a Warlock, you'll bring very high dps and utility in the form of soulstones and SUMMONING!!!!!)

Mage:

You're an asshole. You do the most damage, have the most control, beat 99% of people in pvp, free food and water, can teleport to where you need to go...

Ok, but seriously.

----- Fire: Tons of damage. Lots of it. Rolling ignites are serious. But, you can't do MC as Fire! And you're actually not that great at pvp.

----- Frost: Still buttloads of damage. Arguably the *best pvp spec in the game*, right up there with Shadow Priests.

----- Arcane: Ever wanted to blow someone up instantly with a single button press? This is the spec for you.

(As a Mage, you'll get... everything the opening joke said. It's all true.)

1 hour ago, Windspirit said:

(As a Hunter, you will across-the-board have an easy time leveling and PvPing against most classes. However, the skill cap is rather high. You have a very niche role for raiding in Tranq shot, so you can get a spot rather easily compared to other pure DPS classes, as long as you're hit capped.)

You only want like 4 hunters in the raid AT MOST because their dps is significantly lower than the other pure dps classes.

1 hour ago, Windspirit said:

Warlock:

----- Affliction: Amazing for leveling, PvP, and raiding. Infinite mana. Regarded as the best warlock spec for everything, I think.

Have you ever heard of debuff limits?

17 minutes ago, zmandude24 said:

You only want like 4 hunters in the raid AT MOST because their dps is significantly lower than the other pure dps classes.

Have you ever heard of debuff limits?

Still the only thing that can tranq!

And yeah I'm pretty damn ignorant about Warlocks. Care to enlighten me/others as to the raiding spec for locks? Weird shadowbolt spec?

2 minutes ago, Windspirit said:

Still the only thing that can tranq!

True, but there is no point in bringing more than you need for Tranq on bosses as it will benefit the raid far more to bring other pure dps classes past that point.

4 minutes ago, Windspirit said:

And yeah I'm pretty damn ignorant about Warlocks. Care to enlighten me/others as to the raiding spec for locks? Weird shadowbolt spec?

It's SM/Ruin or the shadowbolt spec. You can't raid as affliction because you will hog valuable debuff slots with your rotation.

19 часов назад, zmandude24 сказал:

True, but there is no point in bringing more than you need for Tranq on bosses as it will benefit the raid far more to bring other pure dps classes past that point.

That why i hate our community. All they care is effectiveness, not actual players preferences. Most of them know it can be done either way but still demand maximum from every raid\group spot. So unless your guild master is your best friend - pick only a right class\spec.

4 minutes ago, Nepgear said:

That why i hate our community. All they care is effectiveness, not actual players preferences. Most of them know it can be done either way but still demand maximum from every raid\group spot. So unless your guild master is your best friend - pick only a right class\spec.

Yes, you can raid as your preferred spec, but don't expect to get prioritized as much as a more effective spec of the same role. If I'm running a raid with a melee spot open and I have a feral druid that does 200 dps and a combat rogue that does 400 dps with the same gear level why should I pick the feral druid and lose 200 raid dps?

If both of them are just a pugs - pick whatever you want. But if druid is your guildmate - i prefer this druid. If your raid can kill boss ANY way, then there is no point in these silly 200 dps. You wont get more loot.

2 minutes ago, Nepgear said:

If both of them are just a pugs - pick whatever you want. But if druid is your guildmate - i prefer this druid. If your raid can kill boss ANY way, then there is no point in these silly 200 dps. You wont get more loot.

I should've made it more clear. Both the feral druid and combat rogue are guildies in this example. I would take the feral druid over the rogue if the druid was a guildie and the rogue was a pug any day.

I can understand such choose if your party just suck in equipment or tactic and every extra dps is a big deal. But adequately geared group with good skill and almost 100% chance of kill wont benefit much from extra dps, unless your want to set some time record or need to gear that rogue asap.