Sign in to follow this  
Syn

Restoring gold left on a character I deleted / restoring deleted character

Hey guys,

I am sincerely hoping that I can receive assistance with this issue. Yesterday at approximately 1:00pm Server Time, I deleted my main, Syn - a level 45 Night Elf Hunter. The deletion was not accidental, I was done with my Hunter and wanted to re-roll a Paladin and use the same name. I liquidated all items and transferred all significant/usable items on to an Alt in the interim to then be transferred on to the Paladin once it was created.

What I stupidly forgot to do was transfer the gold that was sitting on the Hunter prior to deletion. I have now deleted the Hunter and, as a result, lost all the gold...

I had approximately 42 gold that I was intending on moving over to the new character. Is there any way that the deleted character can either be restored or, if not, the gold transferred to my new Paladin? Ideally, I would like to have the deleted character restored as I also just realised that I forgot to liquidate the items that were equipped on the Hunter - further generating more gold to be transferred over to the new character. The Paladin has been created with name of Syn but I would be more than happy to delete him if it were to cause issues in restoring my Hunter which shares the same name.

Obviously, I am happy to provide any additional account-related information for verification purposes, etc.

I really, really hope there is some way that this situation can be resolved. I know that the error was mine and mine alone and that I should have taken more time to ensure that the deletion process was completed properly and with no regrets. Unfortunately, I did not and am now extremely stressed that I have worked my way out of all the hard work that I have put in over the last 4 months... I do not know what the policy is regarding deleted character restoration - I am sincerely hoping that it is a feature that can be enacted in exceptional circumstances and that mine is deemed as such.

I am hoping to reach out, as one Vanilla WoW Community member, to the greater community at large and the Elysium Administrative team, hoping to plead to your sense of understanding and empathy. I screwed up, BIG time, and I am really hoping that this error that took all of 5 minutes to do, does not remain with me and effectively stop me from enjoying the Elysium and Vanilla WoW experience that I have been enjoying so much since the beginning of the year.

I absolutely want to continue playing Elysium but am not sure if I would have the resilience to start completely afresh knowing that I have made such a stupid error...

Thank you for your consideration and I would be personally in your debt if any assistance could be provided to revert my error.

Syn

Just discovered the Terms of Use Developer Update here, https://elysium-project.org/news/tou-changes

The final point advises that the Elysium team are now able to provide Character Restoration for deleted characters... What an incredible update and so wonderfully timed! I will submit a ticket via the Stuck (top-most) option in-game this evening as per Paytime's guidance here, https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/43336-regarding-in-game-tickets/

I sincerely hope that, due to the recent deletion of the character in question, that it will be available for restoration.

Syn

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement, guys! So, I submitted the ticket last night after I got home from work and about 3 hours later, a GM by the name of Serathul whispered me and we got chatting about the prospect of restoring my recently deleted Hunter.

Serathul was nice and upfront about the possibility of restoration. He informed me that, as the service had only been implemented very recently, that there were still issues that the GM's and Senior GM's were endeavouring to iron out and that, as a result, he could not provide me with any certainty as to whether my request would be successful. I was understanding of this and communicated as such - expressing my appreciation for the fact that there was a Restoration Service at all, if albeit, still in its infancy.

Serathul asked for my Account details (not my password), and stated that, now that he had obtained that information, that my request would be escalated to a Senior GM who would attempt to action my request. Serathul stated that, since the service had been introduced, the GM team had received a lot of tickets and that my request would be placed in a queue of first come, first serve. I also considered this to be very understandable.

I asked what type of time-frame I could expect for this matter to be attempted. Serathul was unable to provide me with anything like this and stated that, if my character had not been restored in a two week period, that I was welcome to raise another ticket to inquire as to the status of my request. Fair enough, I suppose. In my naivety I thought that my request was going to be actioned at the time that my ticket was answered. I suppose an exercise in patience would do me no harm.

What was important to me was whether I was able to continue to play on my Paladin that was now called Syn. The same name that my Hunter, who I was hoping to have restored, was called. I asked if this fact was going to interfere at all with the restoration process. Serathul confirmed that it would not and that, if the restoration was successful, that I would be prompted to change the name of my Hunter when next trying to log-in with her. This was very welcome news as it meant that I could actually get started on levelling my Paladin rather than waiting and, essentially, achieving nothing until the Restoration process was either successful or otherwise.

Overall, Serathul was very nice, very accommodating to all of my questions and the experience was a positive one. As mentioned earlier, I was assuming that the service was going to be performed at the time the ticket was answered but I can completely understand that there is a process to everything and that the person that answers a ticket is not necessarily the person who will provide whatever service is being requested. Considering the size of the Elysium team compared to an organisation like Blizzard, I am impressed that they are endeavouring to provide similar services to their player-base and am very appreciative of their efforts - I made sure to tell Serathul this as I am of the opinion that the Elysium team could do with all the motivation and encouragement that they could get right now and going forward.

Again, I appreciate the support you guys have given in relation to this matter thus far. I will certainly keep you guys updated as to how I go. I, for one, am certainly hoping that this Restoration Service can be successfully applied in this instance. I have loved my time on Elysium so far and I would be rather heartbroken to think that all my efforts to establish a foot-hold on the server have been for nought as a result of five minutes of rushed stupidity. 42 gold might not be a lot to some, but to others, it's the world :P

I look forward to hopefully being the bearer of good news very soon.

Take care!

Syn