Sign in to follow this  
Azatos

Increased herbs

every server has the same amount of herbspawns

theoretically the amount of consumable potions for raiding( its the main reason why most buy potions/elixir/flasks), per player should be the same.

means:

on Peak times 

Elysium has about 6-7k players

Anathema about 4k

Darrowshire about 2,5-3k 

Z K ... yeah not worth anbymore about because sonn theres the merge

this means,        with the same amount on herbs available before the increase elysium player need to demand 3 times more to get consumables as Darrowshire.

isnt true because Darrowshire is still on BWL content, and many guilds on elysium still have mc on farm.

but still the amount to gather herbs on elysium was way heavier.

last week i farmed for 5 hours in 4 regions herbs on elysium and could only catch 12 Mss, 16 dreamfoil, 24 plagueblooms 25 gromsblood and 10 icecap

in 5 hours( no epicmount)

the case is , there are so many herbalists that gather , thats its just not worth it to farm when i can farm in the same amount of time  so much gold to buy 3 times the amount of herbs at the auctionhouse, to horrendus prices.

i apreciate the increase, which is only slighty feelable by getting more from every node. you still have to catch the herbnode before someone else get it

You don't need KTM, you don't need bigwigs, you don't need raid frames, you don't need to attach abilities to keys. That doesn't change the fact you are an idiot if you don't use those, and the same thing applies to consumes.

Not game breaking.

Raid breaking.   No one will take you in a raid if u cant bring essential consumables.

In theory u dont need them, but it helps a great deal.  It is a minimum req to get into a raid.

Some ppl play this game to raid. if raiding becomes a chore, he/she leaves the game.   Lower population bad for everyone.

Not a rocket science. 

1 hour ago, Benass said:

Not game breaking.

Raid breaking.   No one will take you in a raid if u cant bring essential consumables.

In theory u dont need them, but it helps a great deal.  It is a minimum req to get into a raid.

Some ppl play this game to raid. if raiding becomes a chore, he/she leaves the game.   Lower population bad for everyone.

Not a rocket science. 

In theory? In reality is what you meant to say.  I was also unaware of the unilateral rule that players are not allowed to raid if they don't have consumes.  I'll have to notify my guild that I can't join them next raid.

2 hours ago, kegboy said:

on anathema the spawns are crazy fast now

Same with Elysium, within a 24 hour period of time a friend and I found a total of like 27 black lotus. I think the Dev team over-buffed them :p

Nice to hear black lotus improvement.

Dream Foil is better to. Price dropped to manageable 1g level. 

Plaguebloom not good.  Still 2g. 

11 hours ago, TTL said:

Same with Elysium, within a 24 hour period of time a friend and I found a total of like 27 black lotus. I think the Dev team over-buffed them :p

I dont agree. Why should consumables be so expensive? THere are a lot of consumables to get before raids, and people already pay crazy amounts of money for greater fire prot pots. Just because it has been expensive to raid here, and on nostalrius, doesn't mean it should be. I wasn't in retail vanilla. I'm not saying it should be as cheap as then, and this isn't some "it should be BLIZZLIKE!!!"-post, there's just no reason to talk about it being overbuffed just because you're used to the expensive herbs on these servers. Herbalists should be able to get the same amount of profit, just spread out over more stacks, and everyone else should be happy. Just happy.

I have to say i played early vanilla , and on that server back in the days flaks still costs 70g + each and fireprotection potions were still over 5 gold.

So its not true that vanilla was way cheaper to get consumables at the beginning.

The amount of 300 alchemists and in general the amount of endgame professions was way less per player then here ( no guides , no knowledge, not that was reaching 60 with a char ) 

As i started raiding mc at patch 1.2 with my paladin ,  there were only 2 guilds on alliance and 1 on horde side , which raided in general!   

And not even then everyone used full consumables ( most not even know about , it or saw the high effectiveness for some of them .

What i want to say with it : its not that much unbilzzlike then many expect ( but even back in the days had every server its own diffrences at the market economy)

9 hours ago, Vollfos said:

I have to say i played early vanilla , and on that server back in the days flaks still costs 70g + each and fireprotection potions were still over 5 gold.

So its not true that vanilla was way cheaper to get consumables at the beginning.

The amount of 300 alchemists and in general the amount of endgame professions was way less per player then here ( no guides , no knowledge, not that was reaching 60 with a char ) 

As i started raiding mc at patch 1.2 with my paladin ,  there were only 2 guilds on alliance and 1 on horde side , which raided in general!   

And not even then everyone used full consumables ( most not even know about , it or saw the high effectiveness for some of them .

What i want to say with it : its not that much unbilzzlike then many expect ( but even back in the days had every server its own diffrences at the market economy)

I bought Flask of the titan for 30g each on Lightning's Blade EU everytime I wanted one in retail vanilla.

On 4/14/2017 at 4:47 AM, maos said:

I dont agree. Why should consumables be so expensive? THere are a lot of consumables to get before raids, and people already pay crazy amounts of money for greater fire prot pots. Just because it has been expensive to raid here, and on nostalrius, doesn't mean it should be. I wasn't in retail vanilla. I'm not saying it should be as cheap as then, and this isn't some "it should be BLIZZLIKE!!!"-post, there's just no reason to talk about it being overbuffed just because you're used to the expensive herbs on these servers. Herbalists should be able to get the same amount of profit, just spread out over more stacks, and everyone else should be happy. Just happy.

Profit still remains, with the overbuff to herbs you can make probably 40g an hour collecting 5 stacks of good herbs.

Black Lotus profit remains high but that's due to it being BoP and lots of people have pure gold from AoE farms to pay high prices for Flask.

7 hours ago, TTL said:

Profit still remains, with the overbuff to herbs you can make probably 40g an hour collecting 5 stacks of good herbs.

Black Lotus profit remains high but that's due to it being BoP and lots of people have pure gold from AoE farms to pay high prices for Flask.

If you get five stacks at darrowshire, you are looking at 100-120 gold. 

A flask costs 100-130 gold, depending on type. Wich means a raid will put you back about 300 gold. 

This is just silly. If the current devs means for this to continue, it would be better to remove alch herb all together. 

I dont know if there is any good solution. If you elevate the spawnrates, it will probebly only mean that the farmers will vendor more plants, in order to keep prices up.

When you are out looking for herbs, there mostly arent any, and that is 24/7, wich probebly means heavy farm, wich means the economy is manipulated.

(if all herbs are picked clean allmost instantly, all the time, the herb price should go down, but it doesnt)

Call me synical, but when you have five mails in your inbox every day, and are whispered to by gold farmers every fifteen minutes, you tend to get to the conclusion that it in some ways facks up the in game economy.

10 hours ago, TTL said:

This is exactly what I was saying, that there's no downside to this increasing herbs, and we should never talk about them being overbuffed. =)

2 hours ago, satanclaus said:

If you get five stacks at darrowshire, you are looking at 100-120 gold. 

A flask costs 100-130 gold, depending on type. Wich means a raid will put you back about 300 gold. 

This is just silly. If the current devs means for this to continue, it would be better to remove alch herb all together. 

I dont know if there is any good solution. If you elevate the spawnrates, it will probebly only mean that the farmers will vendor more plants, in order to keep prices up.

When you are out looking for herbs, there mostly arent any, and that is 24/7, wich probebly means heavy farm, wich means the economy is manipulated.

(if all herbs are picked clean allmost instantly, all the time, the herb price should go down, but it doesnt)

Call me synical, but when you have five mails in your inbox every day, and are whispered to by gold farmers every fifteen minutes, you tend to get to the conclusion that it in some ways facks up the in game economy.

Herbs are a lot cheaper on elysium horde now, the difference is incredible.

Yeah on Anathema stacks of the common herbs are now manageable in price.  Black Lotus is still high, and is not BoP.   I think this is still due to uncertainty in peoples minds about things being changed back so they are still being held on to.   Also due to previous high prices, herbalist haven't been able to build up enough of a personal supply to feel comfortable with listen all additional ones they find.

Hope those start working their prices down some more, but we are on the right track.

On 20.4.2017 at 7:04 AM, Undertanker said:

Yeah on Anathema stacks of the common herbs are now manageable in price.  Black Lotus is still high, and is not BoP.   I think this is still due to uncertainty in peoples minds about things being changed back so they are still being held on to.   Also due to previous high prices, herbalist haven't been able to build up enough of a personal supply to feel comfortable with listen all additional ones they find.

Hope those start working their prices down some more, but we are on the right track.

on elysium a stack of dreamfoil goes for ~7g

mountain silversage ~11g

while i think the price will still drop even more, cause some ppl might be piling up some herbs, in case they decrease the spawns.

50%+ of the herbalist i watched dont even bother to pick up normal herbs anymore. its all about the lotus.

On Elysium , herbs now nothing worth anymore exept Black Lotus.

Cant even making some money with brewing most elixiers/potions , because the high amount of herb spawns (flasks still high) 

But i dont wondering about , most mages farming diremaul half of their ganetime , and have all a shit ton of money in their bags .

So they can afford still flask over 100 gold.

Supreme power is still the way getting gold.

(Most chinafarmers hasnt recipes or alchemy as proffession)

Grooms blood and plague bloom are a bit expensive. Anahtema.  They are 2.5 and 2g per one. 

Dreamfoil drooped to 60s per one now.  Thats ok.