Jump to content
Esfand

Ret Paladins CAN DPS!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, killerduki said:

So you need all of that in order to outdps Ret Paladin?

/Kind regards Killerduki

If you want to measure your epeen you measure it erect

Thats why and also to prove paladin dps is not competitive or viable since it brings nothing healer pala does. While ferals/boomkins/shadowpriests do at least bring nice buffs.

Why would i bring anything less than everything to a dps fight??? :) I completely expect paladin to also use flask/jujus/mongoose/greater arcane/oils/mana pots/dark runes and resist potions, full world buff including songflower, tribute, onyxia, zg.

I will not use engineering becuase not everyone has that so that would be unreasonable to want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, killerduki said:

And SW_STATS is accurate?

Rename Hunter pet same as any Character name , the Hunter pet DPS will be added to the Character name instead.

Use 10 Hunters pets = Character name will have 5000 dps.

/Kind regards Killerduki

10 hunter pets = 10 hunters in raid???? how why when?? You also dont have to merge hunter dps with his pet dps its in options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 часа назад, killerduki сказал:

And SW_STATS is accurate?

Rename Hunter pet same as any Character name , the Hunter pet DPS will be added to the Character name instead.

Use 10 Hunters pets = Character name will have 5000 dps.

/Kind regards Killerduki

SW_Stats is pretty accurate. 

P.S. You can "hack" any addon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it would be nice if you showed the damage per second on that fight , and how long it lasts.

 

but +1 for editing the vid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vollfos said:

it would be nice if you showed the damage per second on that fight , and how long it lasts.

 

but +1 for editing the vid

He might be hiding that the dps was trash and joined a trash raid to look better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mytchi3 said:

@killerduki Raid reset is comming so what will it be are you taking on my offer to compete ret pala vs rogue in MC/ONY/BWL? 

His guild doesn't clear all those raids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mytchi3 said:

@killerduki Raid reset is comming so what will it be are you taking on my offer to compete ret pala vs rogue in MC/ONY/BWL? 

Are you afraid to join his Raid and do more than him?

For second time you try to get away from this offer.

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/44208-ret-paladins-can-dps/?do=findComment&comment=381747

/Kind regards Killerduki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, killerduki said:

Are you afraid to join his Raid and do more than him?

For second time you try to get away from this offer.

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/44208-ret-paladins-can-dps/?do=findComment&comment=381747

/Kind regards Killerduki

That post means I have to inform my guild I will not be attending guild raid on wednesday but rather distracting them on Twitch with streaming this fun night we will have im sure about that and also making 10x 100g in MC 8x 100g in BWL and onyxia can be  a cherry on the top for whatever ammount you can get at the end of the run ;)

When was the first and second time i tried to get away from this? 

Y YU NO ENGRISH /Kind regards Killerduki , Smilkovpetko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also one more thing, He can join our raid and we will put him in melle group with me. 

Will be just better for both of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't Esfand maining a warrior now?

I remember his videos of Naxx, pushing around 540 DPS patchwerk, beating the hunters and right behind the lesser geared mages.    If you notice in most of his DPS Naxx videos he's in a Hunter/Warrior group but 100% of the time the hunter isn't using Trushot Aura (or standing close enough to buff his melee group - huntards gotta huntard am I right?), and majority of the videos the warriors don't refresh battleshout.   Drove me nuts, so his dps should of been a little bit higher.

If he was using nightfall over Dark Edge, his DPS would have been lowered on the meter but his DPS contributions would have been over many of the mages in his Patchwerk vid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Undertanker said:

Isn't Esfand maining a warrior now?

I remember his videos of Naxx, pushing around 540 DPS patchwerk, beating the hunters and right behind the lesser geared mages.    If you notice in most of his DPS Naxx videos he's in a Hunter/Warrior group but 100% of the time the hunter isn't using Trushot Aura (or standing close enough to buff his melee group - huntards gotta huntard am I right?), and majority of the videos the warriors don't refresh battleshout.   Drove me nuts, so his dps should of been a little bit higher.

If he was using nightfall over Dark Edge, his DPS would have been lowered on the meter but his DPS contributions would have been over many of the mages in his Patchwerk vid.

You're thinking of Esotarious - not Esfand.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure was.  TY for clearing that up.

Here is the thing about a 550+ DPS that people don't understand.

I'd take a person that does 550+ that shows up 100% of the time over somebody that does 700+ that  goes random MIA.

On top of the fact that the Ret is giving improved blessing of might, can put in G1 if they take improved Ret aura for more tank threat, can Nightfall on pure DPS tank and spank fights to have raid DPS value of over 1k dps if your casters are respectable DPS.    Carries an MP/5 set for Dispell bot so a pure healer can heal that encounter.   Has a tank set to tank things like ZG Jindo/Spider rooms, AQ20 White bug packs / Ayamiss's room, AQ40 Fankriss small adds / Tunnel Gauntlet / Ouro spawns / Adds that spawn out of white bugs / Spiders in Naxx , Spawns from spider boss, Gauntlet after Hagan, grates on Gluth, can LoH an oh shit moment, can put on +healing gear on a fight where DPS are very limited.

If he was doing half the damage of the majority of the raid, I'd say the versatility doesn't pull much weight, but when you are only doing 25%-33% less than your pure dps/no versatility classes, then I'm okay with a snow flake here and there.  Special snowflakes should be close to 100% attendance, like a single guild shadow priest.  Being MIA hurts.

PS:  If you don't have an MP/5 set, a tank set, and a +healing set; then you are a shitty ret pally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Undertanker said:

Sure was.  TY for clearing that up.

Unless Esfand actually is Esotarious in sheep's clothing lol

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His DPS could have been higher though, as he has 2 points into "an eye for an eye" which is a PVP talent.  For pure PVE ret and for a bit more damage (he doesn't go OOM in his fights) he could have taken both points out of an "eye for an eye" put 1 into Consecration and 1/2 imp ret aura (or keep 1/2 eye for an eye for pvp).  If taking 1/2 imp ret aura, then you don't need 5/5 imp devo as the holy spec/Kings buffing pally should get imp devo.   He could have taken Rebout and paired with Consecration been decent AoE tank, not great due to not having imp rightous fury, but still better snap aggro than a warrior tasked to aoe tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Undertanker said:

His DPS could have been higher though, as he has 2 points into "an eye for an eye" which is a PVP talent.  For pure PVE ret and for a bit more damage (he doesn't go OOM in his fights) he could have taken both points out of an "eye for an eye" put 1 into Consecration and 1/2 imp ret aura (or keep 1/2 eye for an eye for pvp).  If taking 1/2 imp ret aura, then you don't need 5/5 imp devo as the holy spec/Kings buffing pally should get imp devo.   He could have taken Rebout and paired with Consecration been decent AoE tank, not great due to not having imp rightous fury, but still better snap aggro than a warrior tasked to aoe tank.

I agree with you 100% that his spec was wonky - he wasn't even hit capped either in those videos - but it was retail Vanilla and we were all somewhat nubs back then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Maxvla said:

@Undertanker

That multi-role thing sounds like a lot of fun, but most of the time you are just doing mediocre dps. Also bag space, wow.

Yeah you bring ONLY gear and consumables (basic ones for your alternate roles) and bank what you don't need like raid keys to other places.  You won't be looting everything as guild officers will be looting majority of items to themselves for guild bank and gear token items for people in line for loot.

A feral druid is expected to have the same gear set/versatility.   Having 4x 18 slot bags from either ZG or Ony (we bid ours out to guild members), this gives you 8 more slots to hold gear and helps a bit when bringing everything to raid.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maxvla said:

@Undertanker

That multi-role thing sounds like a lot of fun, but most of the time you are just doing mediocre dps. Also bag space, wow.

Get 4 onyxia bags:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Undertanker said:

Sure was.  TY for clearing that up.

Here is the thing about a 550+ DPS that people don't understand.

I'd take a person that does 550+ that shows up 100% of the time over somebody that does 700+ that  goes random MIA.

On top of the fact that the Ret is giving improved blessing of might, can put in G1 if they take improved Ret aura for more tank threat, can Nightfall on pure DPS tank and spank fights to have raid DPS value of over 1k dps if your casters are respectable DPS.    Carries an MP/5 set for Dispell bot so a pure healer can heal that encounter.   Has a tank set to tank things like ZG Jindo/Spider rooms, AQ20 White bug packs / Ayamiss's room, AQ40 Fankriss small adds / Tunnel Gauntlet / Ouro spawns / Adds that spawn out of white bugs / Spiders in Naxx , Spawns from spider boss, Gauntlet after Hagan, grates on Gluth, can LoH an oh shit moment, can put on +healing gear on a fight where DPS are very limited.

If he was doing half the damage of the majority of the raid, I'd say the versatility doesn't pull much weight, but when you are only doing 25%-33% less than your pure dps/no versatility classes, then I'm okay with a snow flake here and there.  Special snowflakes should be close to 100% attendance, like a single guild shadow priest.  Being MIA hurts.

PS:  If you don't have an MP/5 set, a tank set, and a +healing set; then you are a shitty ret pally.

PS here on Anathema I myself am not even Ret spec - I'm actually mostly Prot with a 0/26/25 spec:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sZVGt0szxZVfotrco

I get to be my ultimate favorite Reck spec but have Blessing of Sanctuary instead of 1/5 Vengeance and I swing Nightfall with Seal of Righteousness in all of my raids with Edema Ruh for max uptime on the +15% spell dmg debuff, plus AoE tank undead spawn adds in Nefarian phase 3 with Holy Wrath + Strat Holy Water. I would AoE tank more with the 11/25/14 spec I used to have (which has Consecration) but we have several VERY geared Prot Warriors in the guild with Pakez especially and his Thunderfury so there really isn't much of a need.

I provide the ultimate utility to my guildies, especially in raid wide heavy damage boss fights when I put on 8/8 Tier 1 and put up Judgement of Light = no melee get lower than 90% HP which allows the healers to focus on the tanks and casters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Theloras said:

I provide the ultimate utility to my guildies

Well you run a pure PVP spec more than "ultimate utility" since you pass on Imp Ret and Imp might.  

IMO the "ultimate Utility" build would be:

13/21/17

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sE0zbZVGuI0zZxf0x0b

Holy:

You get Consecration paired with Imp Righteous Fury and Imp Ret Aura (makes you a G1 Pally, and best AoE threat) and helps with AoE dps.  Being G1 pally = Imp buff as well :)

And Imp LoH to beef up tanks on hard hitting fights (especially in later encounters) you'd be able to time it to where your mana is low, the buff is about to expire from the holy pally that pre-cast it before fight, and you can burn your last bit of mana on Imp LoH and then Maja Pot + Rune to continue NF procs.

10% mana to help make up for not taking benediction, but also increases your mana pool as a cleans bot on certain fights while you auto-attack.

Prot:

You get Kings for 5 man/20 Man buffing.  Sanct for tanks ofc.

Good block talents.

Imp Righteous Fury for AoE tanking (pairing with Consecration)

Ret:

Improved might to 40 man raid buff, 5/10/20 man as seen fit.

Imp Ret aura for G1 Tank threat and increases your AoE tanking as well.

 

I am not sure how much you use Seal of the Crusader while raiding, but if you don't those can be moved to Benediction for more mana efficiency while using righteousness. 

 

But if you like to PVP I understand why you are Reck Spec, it's just not "ultimate utility".

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I usually have Fire Resistance Aura up tbh in both MC and BWL - I don't use Sanctity Aura much in raids other than nef phase 3 for holy wrath + strat holy water.

I raid with Smiter who is full lolret spec - so he judges crusader for both of us where I judge wisdom or light depending on the fight mechanics (ie: JoLight for Magmadar, Golemag, Vael, Firemaw, Flamegor).

If we didn't have very geared Prot Wars, I would have a more balanced spec which would include Consecration for AoE tanking, but I wasn't doing it very much as it was so I decided to switch my spec up seeing as I do BGs and World PvP alot and Reck spec is the ultimate Paladin PvP spec :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×