Sign in to follow this  
Inspace

About Onyxia

Hi! Does Onyxia do her knockback in phase 3 or can she be tanked at landing spot?

If you have experience with this fight please share any helpful tips! :-)

Phase 1:

Cleaves, Breaths, Knockback (lowers main target threat by 50%) and tail swipe.

Phase 2:

Fireball / Conflag, Deep Breath,   2 sets of whelps on each side spawn out of pits.    1 set each side after.

Phase 3:

Cracks on ground spout lava and do fire damage.  Raid wide fear.   Cleave, breaths, knockback  (lowers main target threat by 50%) and tail swipe.   Whelps continue to spawn until she is dead.

What I do is when she lands is to take her back to her original spot while making sure that the raid does not get hit by fire or her tail. Call out that you are moving and when you are turning. As for the knockback that reduces threat, I have the OTs build threat to be ready to take over. The dps shouldn't be going full force at the start anyways, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem getting her when she lands.

On 4/13/2017 at 4:02 AM, Undertanker said:

Knockback (lowers main target threat by 50%)

Source code says -25% threat on knockback.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:25 AM, Vilius said:

Source code says -25% threat on knockback.

I always thought it was 20%

Her knockback is called a wing buffet I believe. On the old Nost server you could interrupt it with melee if you predicted when it was coming. It used to have like a half second cast time. I don't believe you can interrupt it on Anathema currently. My bigwigs also no longer shows the cast bar like it used to.

Source code lists wing buffet (18500) and knock away (19633) as two separate abilities.  Ony's wing buffet does not impact threat at all.

I think the confusion about wing buffet is because the BWL drakes have a different version of wing buffet that does reduce threat by 50%.

2 hours ago, Vilius said:

Source code lists wing buffet (18500) and knock away (19633) as two separate abilities.  Ony's wing buffet does not impact threat at all.

I think the confusion about wing buffet is because the BWL drakes have a different version of wing buffet that does reduce threat by 50%.

It reduced threat on Nost.

I can't speak to that, although it shouldn't have.  In real vanilla, two tanks was a good way to deal with the threat reduction.  Both stand in front to eat breaths/buffets for rage (both are cone attacks), but only the current tank got threat reduced because knock away is single target, so then the other tank would hopefully be top threat.  Same is true in current scripts of Ony on Elysium servers.  If Ony's wing buffet on Nost reduced threat in a conical attack, it would have made the 2 tank strat pretty pointless.  I don't see the relevance regardless, since the OP was asking about how she functions now, not how she functioned on a dead server.

On 4/20/2017 at 10:48 PM, Vilius said:

Both stand in front to eat breaths/buffets for rage

Magic / breath damage doesn't give rage.   Also DoT type damage doesn't either.

Cleave is what is fueling the additional rage.

I don't know about DoTs, but sorry you are wrong about breath.  Test it yourself, or watch any vid that shows tank's frame.  Here's one, you'll see that the tank's health plummets and rage spikes for every breath, e.g. at 1:00.  If you need further evidence, there is nothing in the server code that selects out breath attacks before calling RewardRage().