Sign in to follow this  
Shedur

Herb Respawn Changes

they need to introduce this change onto darrowshire as well.

20-30g for stacks of dreamfoil, 65g+ for lotus. I feel like more people would log on in between raids to gather mats for consumables if they could actually find them. I can go around burning steppes for 20 minutes and only get 10-15 dreamfoil. its that overfarmed.

24 minutes ago, ironskillet2 said:

20-30g for stacks of dreamfoil, 65g+ for lotus. I feel like more people would log on in between raids to gather mats for consumables if they could actually find them. I can go around burning steppes for 20 minutes and only get 10-15 dreamfoil. its that overfarmed.

So 2 stacks of dreamfoil, the occasional lotus + other herbs/ hour is too little for you? geez, can't believe they're actually listening to terrible players like yourself.

As a player from Anathema it took me months to get a hold on the lotus farming. Timer, cooperation, knowing the nodes. It was hard. Black lotus is Super Rare, it would make your day to find one. Dreamfoils was rare as well and you would fight for it. Now i feel like Black lotus has the rarity of former dreamfoils. And dreamfoils are like fucking sungrass. Ty for reading. I'm out of this shitty thread

currently you can make a flask for less then 100g i would say thats pretty fair for such a major buff

On 4/13/2017 at 10:04 AM, Shedur said:

Exactly. My english is too bad too find the right words, you said it well.

For me personaly it feels kinda like a fun server when i pick up 2 dreamfoils at one spot where 3 can spawn, then mount up and after i start running they respawn on the exact same position. This happened many times today and last night, almost every spot where a herb can spawn is one now, this was veeeery rare before. If this change was only made because of the outcry of ppl that don't want to spend farming their consumables, why don't the admins just add black lotus or even better, the crafted flasks into the inventory of every player? I ask myself why ppl play vanilla and not retail when it's too much time consuming.

Except back then there were only a handful of good 40 man guilds, not 100 on one server and this has nothing to do with the increased pop.

Out of 2,500 active in retail, maybe 5-10 decent guilds? This server can probably produce 20 if the population was down to that on a regular basis because more people are experienced with the game and come here solely for raiding.

I agree the herb spawns could be toned down a little but to say prices should be skyrocketing cause they would have been in retail isn't accurate, the circumstances are different.

1 hour ago, ironskillet2 said:

Agreed but the current changes I believe are too much, they should lower down to 200% increase over the normal instead of the current what appears to be 300% increase.

4 hours ago, Banezilla said:

I remember Major Mana pots were much cheaper on retail.

There were much cheaper here as well.

The hike in Major Mana potions is a direct cause - effect from the nerfing of Hunters being able to solo DM Tribute.  Before the nerf they were at around 1g-1.25g. They are now around 3.5g+.

Preventing certain things from being possible increases the market for certain things.  Like preventing mages from farming Bijous on AoE alligator packs would increase the price of Bijous.

1 hour ago, Undertanker said:

There were much cheaper here as well.

The hike in Major Mana potions is a direct cause - effect from the nerfing of Hunters being able to solo DM Tribute.  Before the nerf they were at around 1g-1.25g. They are now around 3.5g+.

Preventing certain things from being possible increases the market for certain things.  Like preventing mages from farming Bijous on AoE alligator packs would increase the price of Bijous.

This.

We also need to take into consideration that many of the usual farming spots for players were nerfed to combat gold farmers. So, as a player generating gold takes longer now, and makes it even harder to afford said consumables.