Sign in to follow this  
Incubus

Diremaul E Changes

Hello,

I just wanted to bring up something that was really discouraging as a player, concerning how Dire Maul East has been scripted.

As many of you may well know, Dire Maul East has been a popular spot for Holy Priests (myself) and other classes to farm for gold and items. And in my case, being a Holy Priest, this is pretty much our only option when it comes to farming.

However, the specific Dire Maul: East on our server, is not like the one in the past. On our server, the mobs drop less loot, have more health, have higher aggro ranges, more elite mobs, and the patrols move at 2x their normal speed.

I understand that this change was made to combat gold farmers, but why should us innocent players have to suffer as well? This has made farming DM:E essentially obsolete, and being a Holy Priest, I have basically no other options for farming or making gold. It feels like other classes have way more opportunities, so it may not effect you to such an extent, but for us this is a definite killer. The inability to farm gold (legally) has really put a damper on my game play experience. And I believe that us players with honest intentions should be able to farm gold the way we were originally intended. 

Any feedback on this?

57 minutes ago, Justme said:

This affects everyone equally and therefore it's not an issue

wrong. as long as you got alternatives and some ppl dont it doesnt effect everyone equally.

25 minutes ago, flowqz said:

wrong. as long as you got alternatives and some ppl dont it doesnt effect everyone equally.

Are you implying that there is no other way to get gold besides running DM:E? How did you do it before the patch?

16 hours ago, Justme said:

Are you implying that there is no other way to get gold besides running DM:E? How did you do it before the patch?

personally i didnt. just played enough to make some money through instances. but that doesnt really generate gold if you are aiming for a 1k+ g item.