Goваууyourselves

This community is absolute cancer

After returning from a long break from elysium I just wanted to convey my displeasure and regret in meeting any of you. I'm not sure if it's because you've all played too much LoL but my interactions with this community ever since I've played have been pretty much been randomly being told to fuck off for no reason, being griefed even by members of my own faction by stealing mobs or polying the mobs I attack, or have been met with complete silence when trying to start conversations even in parties. There's tension in every dungeon group I've been in because you guys take this game very seriously, seem to value your time more than others and either try to out-ninja each other once a loot disagreement comes up or just straight up hearth out/alt f4 and abandon the group as soon as anything you disagree with comes up. That last one seems to be a favorite among tanks and healers because they know they're more difficult to replace so they can better ruin the experience for everyone. There seems to be a really thin line with the majority of you between gracefully ignoring people or spewing out hateful insults, like you're all on edge for some reason. In all of the mmo's I've played and online communities I've been a part of in general, I've never experienced a community as toxic as this. I'm pretty convinced, for a lot of you, it's a combination of narcissistic personalities and a free game for someone on the lower income level and angry at society in general. I'm not going to be playing anymore, but I imagine all of the replies to this post are going to be flaming or mocking anyway so fuck you all and try to improve your lives outside this game.

1 minute ago, Goваууyourselves said:

After returning from a long break from elysium I just wanted to convey my displeasure and regret in meeting any of you. I'm not sure if it's because you've all played too much LoL but my interactions with this community ever since I've played have been pretty much been randomly being told to fuck off for no reason, being griefed even by members of my own faction by stealing mobs or polying the mobs I attack, or have been met with complete silence when trying to start conversations even in parties. There's tension in every dungeon group I've been in because you guys take this game very seriously, seem to value your time more than others and either try to out-ninja each other once a loot disagreement comes up or just straight up hearth out/alt f4 and abandon the group as soon as anything you disagree with comes up. That last one seems to be a favorite among tanks and healers because they know they're more difficult to replace so they can better ruin the experience for everyone. There seems to be a really thin line with the majority of you between gracefully ignoring people or spewing out hateful insults, like you're all on edge for some reason. In all of the mmo's I've played and online communities I've been a part of in general, I've never experienced a community as toxic as this. I'm pretty convinced, for a lot of you, it's a combination of narcissistic personalities and a free game for someone on the lower income level and angry at society in general. I'm not going to be playing anymore, but I imagine all of the replies to this post are going to be flaming or mocking anyway so fuck you all and try to improve your lives outside this game.

What server and guild did you play with? Makes a world difference. For months now i mostly interact with people in guild and friedlist and i enjoy it. So it must be you playing with random people and not making friends

Or, you know, instead of getting so intensely frustrated by people who don't necessarily even speak english and the random teenage edgelords that exist in abundance in any large gaming community trolling you/your groups, maybe you could've joined an active social guild, made some friends and had a great and relaxing time playing the game?

18 minutes ago, Goваууyourselves said:

I'm not going to be playing anymore, but I imagine all of the replies to this post are going to be flaming or mocking anyway so fuck you all and try to improve your lives outside this game.

Take a small break and enjoy in the fresh air outside of your pc room/house, sometime it is really good to feel it.

Try to walk into park and communicate with people , it will help you to find out what is wrong with you.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Once i had a pug where we were all jumping impatiently. Someone said first person to stop jumping is gay. It was stupid and childish but we all jumped for remainder of the run like retards...it was fun but nobody wanted to do second run :)

Lol, dude, its obviously just you. Absolute most of my ingame interactions with other players were positive. So maybe you should search the problem within yourself.

Having said that, fuck off you whiny piece of gay.

there are some really nice dudes out there, but let's say 90% are aids, just like real world. + here we got some geeks without any social skills :D

One more thing, look at the title of the thread you made. Calling community cancer? My mother died to cancer so its good you leave you piece of shit human specimen

Couldn't agree more, instead of a united community we have a totally scattered community with many people who dont want to play with eachother. Naming Elysium server "Elysium" and thus making it the most "important" server as it bears the projects name, half the forum as a "Russian" section, catering specifically to the chinese part of the community by apointing ambassadors (while its obvious that half if not more just play this game for goldselling operations), not caring for the twinking community, constant ddos, rolling out untested fixes, list goes on and on, couple more months if not weeks...

6 minutes ago, mytchi3 said:

One more thing, look at the title of the thread you made. Calling community cancer? My mother died to cancer so its good you leave you piece of shit human specimen

cus cancer is shit, and the community too, u get the comparison now? btw, feel you bro, lost a good friend the same way.

3 minutes ago, Kazuma said:

Couldn't agree more, instead of a united community we have a totally scattered community with many people who dont want to play with eachother. Naming Elysium server "Elysium", leaving "Russian" section on forum, catering specifically to the chinese part of the community, not caring for the twinking community, constant ddos, list goes on and on, couple more months if not weeks...

!!! dont get it why they dont split the realm in chinese, russian, english would make things so much easier but yea not my business

1 час назад, Kazuma сказал:

Couldn't agree more, instead of a united community we have a totally scattered community with many people who dont want to play with eachother. Naming Elysium server "Elysium" and thus making it the most "important" server as it bears the projects name, half the forum as a "Russian" section, catering specifically to the chinese part of the community by apointing ambassadors (while its obvious that half if not more just play this game for goldselling operations), not caring for the twinking community, constant ddos, rolling out untested fixes, list goes on and on, couple more months if not weeks...

Whats wrong with russian part? Personal hate? You can find tons of retards in ANY nation. But still i agree about chinese...

As european i play with both china and russians and i find both friendly if you manage to get past the language barrier. I use google translate and have both chineese signs instaled and azbuka on pc so i copy what they write to translate. You would be surprised they are nice people and if they see you can understand them they talk with you. I was even in Chinese raids they all knew i dont understanf what they talk about so they gave me personal instructions what i needed to know in english. So yes community is fine its in you. Im not the easiest person to get along with and quite often salty but i have no problem with people playing here. But thats for lvl 60 community i have no idea about leveling what kind of people are those 

5 hours ago, Goваууyourselves said:

you play on elyseum right?  quit it and go play on anathema or darrowshire, you'll find nice people. I used to play from 2005 to 2010 retail, i was on a bifg competitive realm, the athmosphere was the same you are describing, i find the solution by rerolling on a fresh RP/pvp realm in mid 2006 and my experience of the game fully changed.Ireally enjoyed wow from this moment.

@OP I know what you mean and agree in parts. The thing is: Actual retail WoW is similar, it is not a problem of Elysium at all. Gamers just change all the time and at the moment, MMO communities tend to be toxic and people play the game like it's a job, not an adventure.

I suggest you just ignore this forum, you use /world as LFG tool and nothing more and be very very picky about your guild and your friends.

Some games still have extraordinary friendly communites, mostly games that have no content progression like Minecraft. The more competetive a game becomes, the more toxic the community is. League of Legends, which you named, is a good example of that extreme. Elysium is more on the LoL side of things, but parts of the community are still friendly. Just avoid raiding and PvP, if you want to be sure to minimize the amount of assholes ;)

Flaming? Not really.  You do you!  I havent had that experience at all.  Its been quite the opposite.  If i needed water from a mage they give me water.  If i need help randomly with a mob... someone would stop by and help.  Dungeons?  yeah you have your shitty players but as a whole... I have had no problems.  Its your choice whether you want to not play anymore.  The only question I have is... if you had no real interaction with the general population.... why even post about it?  You are setting yourself up for fail bud. 

32 minutes ago, szmatex said:

only roleplaying can save elysium

I wish they made Darrowshire a RP-PvE realm. :)

Most people craving for private wow servers (especially vanilla) are single male losers, now in their late 20s to mid 30s, with a very bad outlook in life and possibly varying degrees of mental issues.

But luckily, vanilla wow offers them an ideal playground and real life replacement, a mostly skill-less environment where all that counts is pure time investment (which they got plenty of) and where they can become "someone", and be better than the "lesser noob". It's just that problems arise when more of this 'species' clash with each other, because naturally, each one of them wants to be the ultimate admiration magnet, the alpha-male in their new found world, and what they leave behind in this battle is a disgusting, unfriendly, and grey wasteland known as private vanilla servers.

Blizzard is very well aware of this fact and that is the true and sole reason why they will never create their own servers.

Vanilla came out during a time when nolife MMO had their peak, it's definitely not a product for 2017, and it just gives the whole industry a bad rep.

Now please stop wasting your lives on a 15 year old video game, get over it and move on.

14 hours ago, Goваууyourselves said:

I just wanted to convey my displeasure and regret in meeting any of you....you've all played too much LoL ... I've ..been met with complete silence when trying to start conversations even in parties. There's tension in every dungeon group I've been in...the majority of you...spewing out hateful insults, like you're all on edge for some reason.... narcissistic personalities and a free game for someone on the lower income level and angry at society in general. I'm not going to be playing anymore ... fuck you all and try to improve your lives outside this game.

Well, that's a pretty "toxic" and "cancerous" post.  Sounds like the he may be "angry at society in general."

Kinda hard to take the high road when you're lashing out and "spewing out hateful insults" and condemning hundreds or thousands of people you've never encountered.  "Lower income level"? c'mon, man...How many of us do you really think are only playing here because they can't afford retail?  Everyone I've talked to either never tried it, used to play and quit from burnout/changes, or still hold an active retail account.

In my short time here (almost all on Anathema) I've encountered some pretty cool people, some insufferable assholes, and everything on the spectrum in-between.  In other words, pretty much like original vanilla, retail, or real life.  Of course the "toxic" or "cancerous" ones stand out, that's obvious and also part of why they act that way.  Of course they're statistically over-represented, as they would be in any online environment.

To me, there's not a noticeable difference from old vanilla or retail, but if there is you might also want to take into consideration the differences in ToS/community policing, and the fact that the whole unsanctioned private vanilla server scene is by its very definition shady and illicit.

Also, none of these communities exist in a vacuum.  Many of these issues exist (and are growing) in real world society as well, its just more explicit in online environments, especially those that are not really moderated.

Is the Elysium "community" really that much worse than Anathema's?  Or from 2005 retail for that matter?

Remember that you can always use the /ignore command. You also don't need to stay on /world or even /general. If you see text that violates our chat rules, please take a screenshot and make a GM ticket so we can take action.