Sign in to follow this  
Spaztick

Nerf Will of the Forsaken

The most broken OP racial in the game that didn't receive adjustments until WotlK, and was actually balanced in Warlords (too much, unfortunately, and everyone rerolled their race to the new OP Human racial instead). Even then the cooldown was only equivalent to other racials (EMFH aside, which was a dumb overcompensation). In Vanilla WotF has the following:

2 min cooldown (lower than any other equivalent racial other than warstomp)

Immunity for 5 seconds (far better than a pvp trinket), as well as breaking Charm/Fear/Sleep.

Shares no cooldown with trinkets

Elysium isn't Blizzard, and doesn't have to follow Blizzards retarded idea of balance or act slower than molasses to make changes. Having the immunity duration removed, cooldown raised, or allowing immunity but not breaking CCs would balance it. 

But WotF is balanced!

Of course it is, which is why half of Horde and 2/3rds of active 60s are Undead. It's not because of an OP racial, people just happen to like the look of Forsaken (the OP racial being a bonus). Nullifying entire classes because you picked a certain race is Blizzard's definition of balance, after all. Blizzard wasn't motivated by profit either, and didn't have to worry about people quitting because they nerfed a racial.

11 minutes ago, csant said:

Ah, NO. kthxbai 

Excellent counterargument. You're right, time to pack it up, I'm convinced.

This is vanilla wow and wotf is meant to be in it's current state. How about we remove blessing of freedom while we are at it since it makes alliance OP as hell in pvp? How about we remove rogue stun locking?

1 hour ago, Haestingas said:

This is vanilla wow and wotf is meant to be in it's current state. How about we remove blessing of freedom while we are at it since it makes alliance OP as hell in pvp? How about we remove rogue stun locking?

50 minutes ago, Flyheal said:

vanilla wow is primarily a pve game that sneaked in pvp content as a side-gig, nobody cares if WoTF is op, vanilla pvp isnt balanced in general, go play on warmane if you want balanced pvp.

So our two arguments so far are "Vanilla is imbalanced deal with it" and "it's supposed to be shitty like Blizzard intended," as if Elysium were supposed to be a pure recreation of Blizzard's (shitty) early incarnation of the game. Both seem to only agree with my point, so I'm not sure I understand.

Understand that the vast majority of people that came to this vanilla server, CAME TO PLAY VANILLA WITH ALL THE STUPID OP SHIT THATS PRESENT. We didn't come to play a vanilla server where crybabies such as yourself had the game changed to suit their needs.

1 hour ago, Haestingas said:

Understand that the vast majority of people that came to this vanilla server, CAME TO PLAY VANILLA WITH ALL THE STUPID OP SHIT THATS PRESENT. 

Do you have any evidence to back this claim up?

Why are you playing on this vanilla server? 

Myself, I played back in vanilla and even with all its faults and those that played it know it is far from perfect. We're here because at the end of the day, we still had fun. 

If you are new to the vanilla scene. Then you should have done your homework and researched because everyone that played back then would say the game was far from perfect, yet still fun.  

Spaz, you're missing the bigger point here. The nerf game is a slippery slope that can easily get out of hand, disappoint reasonable expectations, and lead to an endless call for additional tuning. You need to just learn how to deal with this racial. If your problem is with 1v1, then stop playing alone, or become an engineer, or carry pots, or do any of the other things that help in 1v1. If your problem is with many v many, a single fear resist isn't thaaaat big of a deal. Oh, and dwarf priests, hello? 

The devs aren't going to go around arbitrarily adjusting game mechanics in an ill-fated attempt to balance vanilla WoW...

40 minutes ago, Gnog said:

Spaz, you're missing the bigger point here. The nerf game is a slippery slope that can easily get out of hand, disappoint reasonable expectations, and lead to an endless call for additional tuning. You need to just learn how to deal with this racial. If your problem is with 1v1, then stop playing alone, or become an engineer, or carry pots, or do any of the other things that help in 1v1. If your problem is with many v many, a single fear resist isn't thaaaat big of a deal. Oh, and dwarf priests, hello? 

I agree it can be easy to overdo tuning. Blizzard has been notorious for it; particularly I believe EMFH was overcompensation and damage control to not upset the throngs of subscription-paying undead (and coincidentally re-rolling race was a (payable) option from Blizzard). Most people are complaining because the idea of a balanced sheet of racials is different and not what their childhood emotions experienced, and is therefore scary and bad.

I played WoW from launch until WotLK on Alliance and Horde.I was a R14 UD rogue and an alliance shadow priest. Up through TBC the only solution to counter WotF was rolling Horde (and I did, because playing as a priest on alliance side was misery).

Despite flyheal's awful rhetoric they put forth the counterpoint that vanilla is PvE first and PvP tacked on and its imbalanced, but I've yet to be presented with an argument and a solution. Blizzard is a business and they have to make a profit. Their game design choices for vanilla were influenced by the fact that they need to make money, from as many people as possible. Elysium is unburdened by that. It's a non-profit server with volunteer staff paid entirely by donations. If WotF was changed tomorrow undead players would complain and either reroll another race or stick with what they have, and perhaps a few would quit. Players who would quit over a racial are unlikely donating to help cover server costs. What does it say about a racial that would make a player quit if it was balanced?

I dont mind a nerf but the only reason i Rolled human priest is because it seemed like the weakest form of priest and I wanted to play the weak to beat the op/strong such as undead.

9 hours ago, Kanbaru said:

I dont mind a nerf but the only reason i Rolled human priest is because it seemed like the weakest form of priest and I wanted to play the weak to beat the op/strong such as undead.

nightelf is the weakest priest

19 hours ago, Spaztick said:

and was actually balanced in Warlords (too much, unfortunately

For the sake of conversation, would you mind explaining how is it possible to balance something too much? :D

This is meant to be a vanilla server to give us the experience of vanilla WoW, not to make changes to it. The only changes that are made are to make the experience as close to vanilla as possible when there are different situations than on retail vanilla like a much higher raiding population per server. I miss dual spec most of all as a prot warrior where I'm WORTHLESS in world PvP, but I chose to tank and I pay the price since it's a vanilla server.

11 hours ago, Elviss said:

For the sake of conversation, would you mind explaining how is it possible to balance something too much? :D

The changes to WotF continuous (meaning Blizzard new it was OP, but was slow to change it) and the addition of EMFH made the racials unbalanced in the other direction (Humans had an even better form of CC break than WotF).

You miss my point,

things are either balanced, or not balanced, either 1 or 0, can't be "balanced too much"...

But that was joke anyway...thanks for the response tho

And yet most of Alliance plays Humans....

10% reputation gains...
+5 sword skill (wtb please)
and to top it off, Perception.... allowing you to reveal every stealth person nearby.

Anyways it's not suppose to be balanced. No thanks.

7 minutes ago, szmatex said:

yeah sure it's the WOTF that is why you get rekt, it's not the gear gap, being outnumbered, badly positioned, etc...

cdc.gif

Lol This server is too blizzlike for some and not blizzlike enough for others. nothing will ever change that even if they actually had a blizzlike timeline. No battlemasters to que up for those BG's quickly so less WOTF used.