Sign in to follow this  
Trineon

Is There a DPS need?

Hello! I am looking to roll on this server and work towards endgame content. I usually play healers, as they are always in need but honestly levelling a Priest sounds like death, so I am debating between a warrior and a DPS class. I just tend to know that Private Servers usually have a huge saturation of DPS classes, and I am looking to see if there seems to be a general lack of any classes specifically in the DPS field, or if Warrior is my option. I am really a fan of anything, so down to play whatever might be in need.

Play the class you want to play ... worry about what's needed later.  If your guild can't use you then find one that will.  

Generally in guilds, caster dps and healers are in more demand for raids (sometimes it's casters, sometimes it's healers), but they are always in more demand (except for a few rare cases) than melee and tanks.

In demand: Caster DPS = Healer > Melee DPS / Hunter > Tank

Ive struggled to find any tanks for levelling up in instances - lvl at Tank and go fury if you dont like tanking when you look for raids

You are going to have the complete opposite problem at 60 tho. Getting into a raid as a tank or a fury warrior is a lot harder than getting into a raid as a caster dps/healer

It is still possible to get a raid spot as a tank, though you won't get it handed to you like a caster dps or healer spot. The best way to get a set tank spot (as in prot warrior and not fury with a tank OS) is to join a guild that is in the pre-raid gearing phase and showing the leadership why they should pick you as a set tank over this other guy. You do this by proving that you know more about tanking than the other guys, being active by tanking stuff for guildies, and helping the guild out in general. Just make sure you aren't a douche about it and you are good to go for that tank spot. Hell, if you do this well enough, you can end up as MT (if the GM or an officer doesn't already have that filled, but even then you still get a set tank spot).

caster dps are Mages and Warlocks.

The hybrid specs you mentioned while some guilds will take one, the majority does not, and it will be hard to get a raid spot