killerduki

Tune AQ40 same as you did with BWL/MC

Tune AQ40 same as you did with BWL/MC.

It is really bad to see harder Raid being easier or equal to previous 2.

/Kind regards Killerduki

For your information Killerduki, if they kept all the trash mobs at absurd resistances and 8K armor (even applying to Twins encounter trash, trash packs in between Twins & C'thun and ALL tentacles) like we had right after Gates opened, every single raiding guild would have complained about it. Nobody would keep playing a caster. The content would require so much consumables and time that 90% raiding guilds would burn out. I don't think you realize the difficulty of AQ40 in a standard blizzlike pre-nerf state. Good luck on C'thun and Ouro :)

You can just look up on Raidstats the amount of wipes on bosses and trash very decent guilds got and how much time it took them to even reach C'thun as well as fully clear the raid. Most of them needed 2 entire raiding evenings and as far as I know, C'thun hasn't even been killed by half the raiding guilds on this server.

The game is not hard and it's on your shoulders to find and setup yourself/your guild some challenges to make it more interesting. Tanking raids as a protection paladin is one for instance (this isn't offensive, don't get me wrong).

10 hours ago, Slicy said:

The game is not hard and it's on your shoulders to find and setup yourself/your guild some challenges to make it more interesting. Tanking raids as a protection paladin is one for instance (this isn't offensive, don't get me wrong).

Actually Tanking AQ20/40 as Prot Pala is making it much more easier than the actual state , since there is 0 Holy Resistance.

Especially if you have Geared AoE Tanker for the Mobs between bosses is making the run imo 2 times faster ;)

The Tune request was regarding HP and maybe dmg increased by Bosses/Mobs when they will nerf the resistances/armor.

/Kind regards Killerduki

3 hours ago, killerduki said:

Actually Tanking AQ20/40 as Prot Pala is making it much more easier than the actual state , since there is 0 Holy Resistance.

Especially if you have Geared AoE Tanker for the Mobs between bosses is making the run imo 2 times faster ;)

The Tune request was regarding HP and maybe dmg increased by Bosses/Mobs when they will nerf the resistances/armor.

15 Resist Holy Resist.

Why you want higher damage when you getting 2 shot from Hakkar?

2 hours ago, Undertanker said:

15 Resist Holy Resist.

Why you want higher damage when you getting 2 shot from Hakkar?

iirc his ZG video showed a bug with Hakkar criting him when he was crit immune from +def gear

51 minutes ago, Theloras said:

iirc his ZG video showed a bug with Hakkar criting him when he was crit immune from +def gear

Let me have my fun.

Just look at the past days AQ40 raid logs and you will see what I'm talking about. A large majority of raiding guilds are progressing on Skeram which is by no means the hardest boss in the instance. You can assume if you chain wipe on Skeram you will also chain wipe and for way longer on Twins, Ouro and C'thun.

There is no need to buff the HP of bosses and/or trash. Amount of 9/9 guilds next wednesday will be around 10, which is not a lot compared to the total amount of raiding guilds on the realm. If you mastered a fight mechanics then more HP will just make the encounters longer. Only actual difficulty would lie within enrage timers and make Ouro, C'thun, Huhuran and Skeram harder.

1 hour ago, Slicy said:

Just look at the past days AQ40 raid logs and you will see what I'm talking about. A large majority of raiding guilds are progressing on Skeram which is by no means the hardest boss in the instance. You can assume if you chain wipe on Skeram you will also chain wipe and for way longer on Twins, Ouro and C'thun.

There is no need to buff the HP of bosses and/or trash. Amount of 9/9 guilds next wednesday will be around 10, which is not a lot compared to the total amount of raiding guilds on the realm. If you mastered a fight mechanics then more HP will just make the encounters longer. Only actual difficulty would lie within enrage timers and make Ouro, C'thun, Huhuran and Skeram harder.

The reason why you see these problems right now , is because of "Resistance and Armor" , otherwise you will see Guilds having 0 problems doing the Bosses you mention after they nerf the Resistance and Armor, that's why i request as exchange to tune their HP a bit.

/Kind regards Killerduki

No, the high resistances and armor got removed shortly after Coalition cleared the entire raid.

The current struggles are without the buffed up resistances & armor amounts. Most wipes seem to occur on bosses so trash packs aren't that relevant here. Guilds don't have "0 problems doing the bosses". It's actually quite the opposite.

http://imgur.com/a/cuuNg

@Slicy  Normally I agree with your logic, but not today, AQ is way way to easy, and guilds not killing skeram are doing something clearly wrong, or are.....wait for it....bad guilds.   The damage done to the bosses is to high fights are lasting under 1-2min on some fights. This was not the feel We or at least I wanted when I heard all these claims of "prenerf".   I watched your guild stream and it looked amazing minus bugged trash. It made me feel like progression would come back and my guild would kill 1-3 bosses the first week.....now its a joke. It really is a joke.   We can say well look how many guilds haven't killed  cthun, but that's actually even worse in terms of difficulty scaling if other bosses can be 1 shot with under max raiders and people in greens and not knowing what to do....this makes me feel like the kronos custom easy aq all over again. Yes we know strats but.....10 years ago we knew/used the same strats. ALso then If as a player base if we are these damaging god, the instance should be fixed somehow to make up with how much better we are and I agree with @killerduki here....If not by boss mitigation(which is how it should) then with boss HP being scaled way up.

There's no point buffing up HP of trash and/or bosses as of now. The content is difficult enough for the vast majority of raiding guilds. I have seen guilds not getting past certain combination of abilities from Anubisath Defenders and don't know how to deal with it. Most bosses in vanilla raids are piece of cake apart from few endbosses for each raid tier. These are the bosses which matter most. And for now they are representing quite a challenge for the playerbase if you look at the amount of Ouro / C'thun / Twins kill few days after the raid is available. Don't expect that amount for C'thun to go over 1/4 of the raiding guilds which entered AQ40 even after 7 days of raiding.

I disagree again, they should change it, its far to easy, yes some trash combo can be tricky but that's not the point we now have another farm wave. Also saying the content is difficult for a vast majority is not true, that's not true at all. Also we all know vanilla raids had flaws in terms of scaling of course, but these devs should have fixed these issues....that's the point. Again bad guilds would of course have problems here if they don't use correct strats or are memeing players.   Struggling on the last 3 bosses doesn't mean its all good.   The true end point is this difficulty is a let down, even if bad guilds struggle that is not a good scale.  Guilds in greens wiping in aq when you look at it shouldn't be considered a good tuned aq.....  Guilds not clearing or barely clearing bwl.....or bwl clears in 3 hours, should not kill most aq bosses, or yes should struggle in aq, esp if they are still struggling in bwl.....  Putting the content out correctly would then   make guilds use correct specs,gear,strats,raid comps......and thats what we wanted.

Don't think you guys realize 400+ resistances and 8K armor on everything actually means. Your casters will quit the game. More HP on bosses/trash is just gonna make the raid longer to clear for 90% of mobs in it.

Just check raid logs since few days and come back see if you still say content is too easy. Are your guilds 9/9 even yet ?

3 minutes ago, Slicy said:

Don't think you guys realize 400+ resistances and 8K armor on everything actually means. Your casters will quit the game. More HP on bosses/trash is just gonna make the raid longer to clear for 90% of mobs in it.

Just check raid logs since few days and come back see if you still say content is too easy. Are your guilds 9/9 even yet ?

actually here i don't disagree but you are leaving out points   magic res and armor reduction,   so lets look at spells first.  so 400 is not really 400....400-75 =325

So  is 325 high maybe, but having 0 like it is currently is a joke.   maybe start st 300 so....300-75=225.   Whatever numbers are chose we have to use facts not just numbers to scare people. Same with armor, I saw from the raid not every single boss had 8k...nor 400 spell res lol but ok back to armor.   If only Cthun had 8k armor b4  about 3.5k worth of reductions, that's fine you said it yourself ed bosses were way harder....   and  I don't know what numbers should be used, but the current numbers are to low.  Maybe a 20% increase?  The devs have the way to test these things.   You can actually tell all these numbers are wrong.   Adds, have more armor then bosses, guards have more armor then faction leaders,  Look at av its a rush zerg because things are weak and have 0 reduction they can be killed. So lets look at what the numbers should be...maybe 8k is high but is 7k?   no its not.

No I don't think you understand what they did to mobs with resistances before reverting it since it was a bug. Your casters would simply quit playing. Stop saying it's too easy until you actually see most raiding guilds clear the content on a regular basis without needing 3-4 raiding evenings or more than 1 reset to be honest.

No actually I do,I watched, and yes some mobs had i think 4000 something spell res, but the system message said that was a bug. The casters did damage on other bosses and killed them fine. Now AGAIN I am not saying they were to high or low, I am saying that having 0 now is a joke, most people rolled here for a blizzard like feel, and killing bosses under 1min and having it be a joke is  a disgrace to what we were told it would be.   Also if casters quit because they dont see "big" numbers then they are a joke.

I never said to increase the "Armor or Resistance" , i just said as suggestion to increase the HP by 20% to Boss/Mobs.

/Kind regards Killerduki

But you did say current struggles are due to resistances, which isn't the case since barely 3-4 guilds were inside AQ40 when the bug was in there. They are simply due to the content in its prenerf state. Content is relevant enough atm considering amount of 9/9 guilds. Why bother buffing it up further when most guilds still don't clear it, I don't understand ?

Flat increase to HP is not a solution. The mechanics are the challenge combined with gear checks. Once you have the mechanics down, it does not matter whether we buff the boss to have 200% HP because the only thing that changes is the duration of the fight. Yes, a tiny chance that a raider will fail something exists but generally it will just mean that raids stack more consumables and more efficient classes. Currently guilds do not need to optimize their raids to the max nor does every raider need to be a min-maxer - as long as they have BWL gear and learn the mechanics, they can clear most of AQ40. If we increase trash and/or mob HP, it can, in the extreme, lead to a situation where people have to raid with 2 characters, for example a hunter for those bosses where tranq shot is needed and a fire mage for everything else.

The real reason why raids have been easy on other private servers and, admittedly on Nostalrius launch, has been problems with implementing correct mechanics and abilities. Many guilds had a nasty surprise with Ragnaros when Anathema (re-)launched and his did his Magma Blast as often as he was supposed to. It was fun to see guilds, who had had MC on farm for months, suddenly struggle or even wipe at Rag because of that.

Pre-nerf AQ40 does not mean that we were going to go overboard with buffing the stats of trash and bosses. It meant that we aimed to bring the original version of AQ40 that Blizzard did, minus the unkillable tentacles issue, while having Ouro and C'thun encounters have the stats that they originally did. There were very few sources for this information but the QA team did a fantastic job teasing out information from 240p videos and so on.

killing bosses under 1min

Don't be confused. Not every boss in AQ40 is supposed to be a massive challenge. Nevertheless, I would seriously contest that claim. Few examples:

Reign took 418 sec to kill Ouro, 532 sec to kill Twin Emps, 193 sec to kill Bug Trio, 67 sec to kill Viscidus and 135 sec to kill Skeram. They had 839 deaths and did not kill C'thun despite multiple attempts.

Entitled took 672 sec to kill Twin Emps, 135 sec to kill Huhuran, 298 sec to kill Fankriss, 217 sec to kill Sartura, 230 sec to kill Bug Trio and 374 sec to kill Skeram. They had 295 death and did not even attempt C'thun.

Dominate the Palace took 150 sec to kill Huhuran, 389 sec to kill Sartura, 275 sec to kill Bug Trio and 338 sec to kill Skeram. They had 270 deaths.

Drachensturm took 325 sec to kill Twin Emps, 224 sec to kill Bug Trio, 86 sec to kill Viscidus, 198 sec to kill Huhuran, 171 sec to kill Fankriss, 283 sec to kill Sartura and amazing 2356 sec to kill Skeram (probably Realmplayers bugged on that one). They had 383 kills.

Echo took 189 sec to kill Huhuran, 148 sec to kill Fankriss, 432 sec to kill Sartura, 194 sec to kill Bug Trio and 621 sec to kill Skeram. They had 366 deaths.

Please do not post complete nonsense that raids are killing bosses under a minute. Nothing has been killed in AQ40 that fast and the progress guilds are making comes at the cost of hundreds and hundreds of deaths.

with under max raiders and people in greens

All the raids quoted above had between 39 to 41 raiders according to Realmplayers and literally every one of those guilds has had months and months and months to farm BWL on Nostalrius as well as four additional months of MC+BWL farm on Anathema before stepping into AQ. Some of them have gear from world bosses as well. Many of them have practiced on their own private servers thanks to our core being open source now.

@DaHealz I don't understand what you expected or what you want, especially as you are completely ignorant of the reality of the current raiding scene. I personally monitored majority of the raids that went into AQ40 in the first two days of opening and intend to monitor as many as I can during the weekend and next week. I haven't seen a single one just breezing through content. AQ40 is more challenging than BWL but it was never meant to be impossible, aside from C'thun and our Old God is very challenging as well.