Sign in to follow this  
Riddiqz

Elysium vs. Anathema?

If you are an experienced player you will succeed on either server.  If you are inexperienced or have a terrible attitude you will struggle on either server.  I would recommend considering how long you anticipate playing on one of these servers.  If you have your life squared away and are ready to spend 3 years progressing towards naxx, then go Elysium.  If you are shorter on time than that just jump into Anathema a bit late.  The lower population in leveling zone is counter-balanced by the other players being alts of veterans and also you won't have to compete for quest mobs as much.  Some quests on Elysium you have to skip or queue for 30 minutes to get done.  But, it will be easier to find dungeon groups on Elysium.  It isn't exactly hard to do on Anathema either though unless you are terrified of talking to people.

Everyone knows that 90% of the Elysium players rolled there because youtubers told them to.

I don't think they realized what they'd gotten themselves into, but by the time they figured out they'd be doing nothing but raiding MC for 8 months they were already too invested.

Make the right decision. Roll on Anathema.

25 minutes ago, Wreckington said:

Everyone knows that 90% of the Elysium players rolled there because youtubers told them to.

I don't think they realized what they'd gotten themselves into, but by the time they figured out they'd be doing nothing but raiding MC for 8 months they were already too invested.

Are you trying to look like an idiot or does it just come naturally?

You falsely claim that people rolled on Elysium because of youtubers then you hypocritically tell people to do as you command.

24 minutes ago, Hurricane2 said:

Are you trying to look like an idiot or does it just come naturally?

You falsely claim that people rolled on Elysium because of youtubers then you hypocritically tell people to do as you command.

He has a point. These youtubers hyped up the new server, and if you check out their videos they have tens of thousands of views.

5 hours ago, Hurricane2 said:

I doubt even a very small % of those viewers play wow let alone this specific project.

Did you just falsely assumed something? Haven't you hypocritically bashed other forum user for doing the same thing just before? Lul. Stop playing smart, you need to train a bit for that. 

I tried anathema darrowshire elyseum and ZK.Each time I leveled a toon until 25-30. Il did it because il like vanilla and i wanted to choose best server. 

-Anathema very friendly but i understood i couldn't close the gap.When you see all these 60 with Incredible gear you just want to quit

-Darroshire : empty,i was orc warrior able to tank but couldn't find a party.Lfg channel empty...very depressing

-elyseum : full of ppl no issue for dungeons or quest.Have to be patient sometime to Kill mobs.Leveling some profession nearly impossible.Overcrowded

-ZK empty. Good to level à toon and profession before the merge (without doing dungeons or elite quests)

Should have simply leveled à toon on ZK before the merge.

Hope this helps

go play on ZK and enjoy the peacful levelling while it lasts, then neck yourself if you didnt make it to 53 at least on a caster class when you get forcibly transferred to a stupid server like anathema or elysium.

9 hours ago, Myllz said:

YouTubers were telling people to roll on Elysium?

Yes.

4 hours ago, Digheal said:

go play on ZK and enjoy the peacful levelling while it lasts, then neck yourself if you didnt make it to 53 at least on a caster class when you get forcibly transferred to a stupid server like anathema or elysium.

The saltmine runs deeeeeeep!

On 5/1/2017 at 3:23 PM, AciDTRiP said:

Well still better than AQ geared people bud.Plus R14 gear before the patch is absolute garbage. Go google 2004 wayback machine Grand Marshal gear and look at its stats then report to me.by the time BWL comes out it will get severely buffed(and perhaps OP) but right now it is complete garbage and blues shut it down

Actually it's been announced that R14 gear won't be buffed until 2 weeks before AQ40's release on Elysium.

I would roll on Elysium since it's fresh, it will give you plenty of time to play as a casual player, if you weren't casual and wanted action NOW I would roll on Anathema.

9 hours ago, Myllz said:

YouTubers were telling people to roll on Elysium?

90% of them. (Just like Media brainwashing people).

79 000 views, imagine if at least portion followed = more than 10k pop for elysium.

/Kind regards Killerduki

13 hours ago, Wreckington said:

It's all about the journey and playing on a long term server. With your logic you might as well just spawn gear cause you need it right now and win the game /golfclap

8 hours ago, steph said:

-Anathema very friendly but i understood i couldn't close the gap.When you see all these 60 with Incredible gear you just want to quit

Jealousy/Envy can be also powerful motivator... it just takes certain character. 

1 hour ago, Morathe said:

Jealousy/Envy can be also powerful motivator... it just takes certain character. 

They can't stand the Heat!

The Game is not created who will be number 1 in the world on biggest E_Peen on something that have been done for almost 12 years ago.

The Game is to enjoy!

/Kind regards Killerduki

Sad but true, Anathema is like that old moldy house you had to take to get the good stuff in your inheritance. It's a burden as the new team is not ready for that old Nost progress and thus it will always have major delays in patches and lots of whine and jaded players.

Elysium server, on the other hand, is the flagship of this project, and very likely first private server to make it all the way to naxx without any delays in patches. If you are not playing on Elysium server in this project, you are shooting yourself in the foot. And that goes to current Anathema players as well, even though it's very hard to give up on your old characters. Now is the best time to (re-)roll on Elysium; it's not crowded anymore, the player base has stabilized, and with those 'youtube-players' gone, all the guilds are recruiting active players.

On 01/05/2017 at 10:48 AM, Riddiqz said:

title says it all. what server should I play on? I am already level 10 as a rogue on anathema but I am new to vanilla wow and didn't realize that anathema is basically fully progressed. I am a casual gamer now and wont be rushing to 60 and will probably only get in a few pug raids as I work full time/married/kid. Def want a legit experience and will be focusing on pvp. IDK what to do or if it will even make a big difference. Does anathema being to AQ mean that the server only has so much time left in it or how do private servers work?

You will quickly get bored of farming Molten Core once you struggled to reach max level on Elysium. Every raiding guild on Anathema is recruiting players of each class. You will get geared faster and experience way more relevant content. Excluding Onyxia, you only have 1 40 man raid and 0 20 man raids on Elysium. Anathema has 3 40 man raids and 2 20 man raids.

You're saying you'd like to join few pug raids. Then Anathema is the choice. There are MC, ZG, AQ20 pugs literally every day for almost every timezone. There are few  weekly BWL pug as well and I know there is/will be 1 AQ40 pug too in a matter of weeks.

It's basically as if you had the choice of going into an overcrowded restaurant that provides 1 type of meal for 2 years on its menu or going into one that already offers 5 (BWL, ZG, AQ40, AQ20 are not available on Elysium which also implies a lot of game improvements, items, stats update, etc. are on Anathema but not on Elysium.) different meals and will few more soon.

PvP happens on both servers in BGs and outdoor. If you're a casual gamer as you say, you better roll on Anathema as you will get up to speed gear wise way faster (via pug runs from several available raids as explained above) than on Elysium where you will have to commit to a raiding schedule for a guild and wait ages before you get a valuable pvp item (that you will roll for or get easier because others don't need it on Anathema).

To those thinking Elysium realm is the flagship of the project : I'm sorry to open your eyes but Nost PvP/Anathema is the spine of it regardless of what you or the staff thinks. The popularity this project got came directly from formerly called Nost PvP and not from Elysium realm. Elysium realm is actually the Youtube server created to host hype train type of players. Its population is made of the crowd of youtube hero followers jumping from project to project more than anything.

Go check for yourself on the repo, the players contributing to fixing bugs and improvements to the servers are largely from Anathema, not Elysium.

15 minutes ago, Slicy said:

It's basically as if you had the choice of going into an overcrowded restaurant that provides 1 type of meal for 2 years on its menu or going into one that already offers 5 (BWL, ZG, AQ40, AQ20 are not available on Elysium which also implies a lot of game improvements, items, stats update, etc. are on Anathema but not on Elysium.)

nice arguments. still anathema can only be your choice if you like getting carried. the only instance left to "progress" through is naxxramas.

11 minutes ago, flowqz said:

nice arguments. still anathema can only be your choice if you like getting carried. the only instance left to "progress" through is naxxramas.

More than half the raiding guilds on the realm are progressing through AQ40. There are quite a few guilds who are recruiting for BWL progression still and will keep on recruiting later on to start AQ40 once they consider they are ready for it. You have way more available content and options depending on what you want to do as a new player than on Elysium. If you want to get carried and grab some PvP gear, you can do that. If you want to join guild progressing into AQ40, you can do that. If you prefer doing MC like on Elysium and starting to progress into BWL at your rhythm whenever, you can do that too. If you just want to do 20 man raids, it's a possibility as well.

It's no rocket science : more available content > more options for whatever a new player wants to do with his play time.

Played to Mid-20's on both in the last couple of weeks. For folks wondering what its like early.

Elysium (Alliance): tons of people, lots and lots of /1 chat, lots of instance groups being formed at all times. during peak hours quest mobs are basically camped. almost every spawning area for grinding or questing is being contested. 

Anathema (Horde): fewer people, quieter but still active. questing/grinding is a breeze. you still see lots of people but its easier to level. harder to get instance groups when you want one, although if you are patient you will get one. Cities are lively with Raid PUGs forming all the time. Plenty of lvl 60 LFM

I haven't experienced much World PvP yet but others were saying Horde basically owns the most popular 50+ zones on Elysium. Not sure about Anathema.

6 hours ago, killerduki said:

90% of them. (Just like Media brainwashing people).

79 000 views, imagine if at least portion followed = more than 10k pop for elysium.

/Kind regards Killerduki

And the same YouTubers told people to roll on Nost, which is where the majority of Anathema players are from.  So by this logic, Anathema isn't any more or less safe from people leaving than Elysium.

14 hours ago, Morathe said:

Did you just falsely assumed something? Haven't you hypocritically bashed other forum user for doing the same thing just before? Lul. Stop playing smart, you need to train a bit for that. 

If a large % of all the youtube viewers mentioned played here then there would be much higher populations here.  If you want to to try to make me look dumb the 1st step to take would be avoid trying to look like such a dumbass as yourself.

I for one found about this project from IGN and I bet most others came from other sources than youtube.