Hi Guys!

Can anyone tell me how hard AQ40 currently is? Maybe one of them who acutally killed C'Thun? How often did you wipe?

Thanks in advance

I know a few guilds had numerous wipes that killed him. My guild wiped once on him, but it seems a ton of guilds are struggling hardcore with cthun

Took the #1 horde guild Dreamstate  ~4h to kill Cthun, took Gnarly around the same amount of time. My guild spent ~5h and still hasn't killed em. I can't speak towards alliance as much, seems like they are having an easier time with em judging by the amount of ally kills vs horde kills.

14 hours ago, Haestingas said:

Took the #1 horde guild Dreamstate  ~4h to kill Cthun, took Gnarly around the same amount of time. My guild spent ~5h and still hasn't killed em. I can't speak towards alliance as much, seems like they are having an easier time with em judging by the amount of ally kills vs horde kills.

salvation isnt an issue this fight. so pls dont try to do that.

7 minutes ago, flowqz said:

salvation isnt an issue this fight. so pls dont try to do that.

Static might/kings/salvation in a raid is definitely a nice boost to the raid vs. a few shamans only providing limited support via totems. Only nice thing is windfury for your melee granted there isn't threat issues at all, and still... i'd rather have static might/kings/salvation and use a MH stone/poison.

Not complaining, but don't deny that alliance has it easy.

1 minute ago, TTL said:

Static might/kings/salvation in a raid is definitely a nice boost to the raid vs. a few shamans only providing limited support via totems. Only nice thing is windfury for your melee granted there isn't threat issues at all, and still... i'd rather have static might/kings/salvation and use a MH stone/poison.

there shouldnt really be a difference in a cthun fight, thats all im saying.

Lets see how many kill him next reset now that they are fear immune.

PS: alliance masterrace

3 hours ago, TTL said:

There is no alliance > horde for C'thun. This is a very bad attempt at explaining why one side is doing worse than another. "Limited support via totems". I'm sorry but you shamans just need to position their totems correctly and their effect will apply to everyone in their party. It's clearly a L2P issue here. The reason alliance side has more C'thun kills than horde is simply due to the fact alliance guilds are more disciplined and this encounter isn't about zerging, which is a bad habit most horde guilds have gotten over the course of months.

Should we mention UD shadow resi racial which is stronger than whatever alliance has for entire AQ40 ? Or troll berserking and orc blood fury for nuking during vuln phase on C'thun ? You also have Warchief Blessing which is not available to alliance. 15% melee haste. If anything alliance doesn't have it easier than horde, it's quite the other way around actually.

29 minutes ago, Slicy said:

There is no alliance > horde for C'thun. This is a very bad attempt at explaining why one side is doing worse than another. "Limited support via totems". I'm sorry but you shamans just need to position their totems correctly and their effect will apply to everyone in their party. It's clearly a L2P issue here. The reason alliance side has more C'thun kills than horde is simply due to the fact alliance guilds are more disciplined and this encounter isn't about zerging, which is a bad habit most horde guilds have gotten over the course of months.

Should we mention UD shadow resi racial which is stronger than whatever alliance has for entire AQ40 ? Or troll berserking and orc blood fury for nuking during vuln phase on C'thun ? You also have Warchief Blessing which is not available to alliance. 15% melee haste. If anything alliance doesn't have it easier than horde, it's quite the other way around actually.

Except proven history has indicated alliance has obtained server first in all raids except naxx where disease cleansing totem really gives horde a raid advantage. You can excuse it away if you wish but Alliance do have it easier. On Elysium all the tryhard guilds rolled Alliance, I highly doubt it has anything to do with Alliance being the bigger challenge.

As per the totem comment, no raid has 8 shamans which is the limited support comment, the radius is a negative too nonetheless.

The Warchief Blessing is also earned once per quest turn in per character, I wouldn't put that down as a world buff that can casually be obtained like the rest.

35 minutes ago, Slicy said:

Yep i do agree that hordes originally should have huge advantage over C'thun compared to Alliance.

But within Alliance there is too much Min/Max elitism that is plagued like Virus, that is the reason why Alliance have so huge advantage over Horde.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Saying C'thun is a facton sided encounter is a mistake. It's all about discipline and control. Racials or shamans/paladins have little to no impact. You're fooling yourself if you consider it has relevance.

Alliance side has more guilds able to perform what's required for this encounter than horde side. It's that simple. Saying the difference in number of guilds who managed to kill C'thun is due to racials and shamans/paladins is super bad attempt at excusing guilds failing.

Did you wipe on this fight because you didn't have BoP or any other blessings ? Did you wipe because your str totem wasn't in range of 2 players ? Did you keep on wiping because you didn't have Fear Ward ?

Stop trying to make it appear like an alliance favored encounter. It's clearly not what matters to defeat C'thun, at all.

1 hour ago, Slicy said:

Saying C'thun is a facton sided encounter is a mistake. It's all about discipline and control. Racials or shamans/paladins have little to no impact. You're fooling yourself if you consider it has relevance.

Alliance side has more guilds able to perform what's required for this encounter than horde side. It's that simple. Saying the difference in number of guilds who managed to kill C'thun is due to racials and shamans/paladins is super bad attempt at excusing guilds failing.

Did you wipe on this fight because you didn't have BoP or any other blessings ? Did you wipe because your str totem wasn't in range of 2 players ? Did you keep on wiping because you didn't have Fear Ward ?

Stop trying to make it appear like an alliance favored encounter. It's clearly not what matters to defeat C'thun, at all.

I am not talking about Tactic wise , the benefits from racial is the key here.

Ofc Tactic wise is important but my point was something else.

If you have 2 Horde vs Alliance Guilds doing the same tactic , the same ways , i speak that Horde do have advantage over alliance .

1 big reason for that is because Cthun is not Aggro affected which is mainly the Horde issue.

2 Reason = Troll Racial.

3 Reason = Undead Racial.

4 Reason = Windfury Totem.

/Kind regards Killerduki

6 hours ago, TTL said:

The one in the wrong is the person that picked the "op racials in pvp" faction.

I like how people are only looking at the C'thun fight and trying to explain why Alliance has more kills then Horde on it.

In theory that fight is pretty equal to both. 

But did you fail to see that you can't just enter AQ40 and start off by killing C'thun, you kinda have to kill a few bosses a long the way. And on most of those encounters allys have a huge advantage, giving more ally guilds the possibility to get to C'thun before horde does. Thus, statisitcly, seeing as there are over 2x more allys that are attempting C'thun then hordes, well, Allys should really have the advantage, shouldn't they?

Come back in 2-3 months when 20 guilds of each faction farms C'thun and start pulling statistics.

24 minutes ago, Krigareen said:

Thus, statisitcly, seeing as there are over 2x more allys that are attempting C'thun then hordes, well, Allys should really have the advantage, shouldn't they?

I laughed. Getting a "over 2x more allys that are attempting C'thun then hordes" out of nowhere. Nice one. Maybe go check raid logs 99% guilds upload on 1 or 2 websites to get actual numbers before stating such things xD

39 minutes ago, Slicy said:

I laughed. Getting a "over 2x more allys that are attempting C'thun then hordes" out of nowhere. Nice one. Maybe go check raid logs 99% guilds upload on 1 or 2 websites to get actual numbers before stating such things xD

After reading your post I took a peak at Realmplayers and found the following stats from manually reading the logs:

9 ally guilds attempted C'thun

5 horde guilds attempted C'thun

about 33 ally guilds tested AQ

About 22 horde guilds tested AQ

And I obviously didn't count everything, obviously I missed some, but the core is there, these stats reflect the image I highlighted earlier.

You were saying Alliance got more tries on C'thun because of racials. To backup your statement you should look into how many attempts per faction in total, not the amount of attempts / guilds and draw conclusions out of that.

You need to understand out of the 5 horde guilds (it's actually double the amount at least who attempted it, just saying) you have a bunch with 8+ attempts on the encounter.

Let me laugh at your "tested AQ" parts, considering very very few guilds got to test C'thun (1 horde 1 ally that I'm 100% sure about) and everything is on the repo.

Stop trying to make it appear as if C'thun is alliance favored either for the encounter itself or reaching it. There are plenty of horde guilds who attempted it before a bunch of ally guilds, mastered and killed it. Even then if you keep thinking alliance is favored, suck it, man up and go kill it like most of the decent horde guilds already did.

It's like you are trying your hardest to not read what I'm saying.

Statistics are irrelevant - The data sample is too small to claim a "better" faction.

Come back in 2-3 months when 20 guilds of each faction farms C'thun and start pulling statistics.

In 2-3 months racials and paladins/shamans things will be even more irrelevant than they already are right now. If you still consider they matter to do a 11 years old encounter with BiS or close to BiS gear on 40 ppl with 1.12 talents then stay ignorant I guess.

Well, horde got higher pure DPS buffs, ally are more "balanced".  Ally rapes aggro based and hard phys hitting fights(eg Patchwerk) fights, horde is far way superior in "poisonous"/AoE heal/DPS fights (Visc, Faerlina, Loatheb).

Cthun isnt that kind of boss, so the only thing that is affected is players skill. 

The only thing that affects horde is fact that more than 60% of horde pop are pvp-oriented players and nobody gives a f*** about cthun - horde wants to gank BRM.

You can't gank BRM properly without a Dark Edge of Insanity.

Just now, Slicy said:

Yea you just need sappers bro

6 минут назад, Slicy сказал:

If you're alone*