Oakenlix

Rules regarding Aux's autobuy feature

6 hours ago, Hamblin said:

I understand the point you are making here and will refer this thread to the lead staff. I think if something like this is so readily available and even advertised on our own forum, it is sort of sucky to realise automation like this is against the rules. I think the issue here is two pronged. You can use aux without using any sort of automation at all. Which is fine. But any autobuy feature is a definite no no and you will get caught. It is pretty obvious when investigating and we don't have much trouble identifying it.

So aux in itself is not against the rules, but a function on it is. I believe this should be viewed no different than a multihack that had some features that are completely okay, but some that will end up with your account being permanent banned.

I realise this will be a controversial requiest, but perhaps you devs should reach out to the dev of aux and ask him to remove the function as the potential for ignorant users using this function and getting banned in the process is VERY VERY VERY HIGH. I guarantee that it WILL happen. Even if 99% of the bans are of malicious users.

EDIT: This makes one wonder, which other addons are in the grey area of usage? LazyPig? Automatic water trade by mages? This needs to be clarified and I hope that GMs investigating these kind of things will differ between ignorant usage and malicious intent.

There's also an issue with what people define as "instant". I know for a fact that the current version of Auctioneer on retail also has an automatic buy feature. But it doesn't work quite the same way as Aux's. What happens is auctioneer displays a window that you click yes, or no to in order to buy the selected item. And that falls totally within the rules requiring human interaction with placing bids. Additionally, it can also cause a response time on the order of 1 second or less depending upon the human.

6 hours ago, Storfan said:

I realise this will be a controversial requiest, but perhaps you devs should reach out to the dev of aux and ask him to remove the function as the potential for ignorant users using this function and getting banned in the process is VERY VERY VERY HIGH. I guarantee that it WILL happen. Even if 99% of the bans are of malicious users.

EDIT: This makes one wonder, which other addons are in the grey area of usage? LazyPig? Automatic water trade by mages? This needs to be clarified and I hope that GMs investigating these kind of things will differ between ignorant usage and malicious intent.

One step ahead of you :)

28 minutes ago, Hamblin said:

One step ahead of you :)

Cool!

Bumping.

I reported a player on Elysium for using this autobuy feature and im 100% sure that the player wasnt there controlling the purchases cause i posted like 200x hot spices on AH for lower than vendor price and this player bought them all instantly. Also the character was AFK sitting in Orgrimmar AH while this happened, so im quite sure it's botting, still even after GM replied to my report in-game explaining that appropriate actions will be taken, the player didnt get banned. This was a few days ago.

I tried again today with some coarse blasting powder and he is still using the same feature, should I bother to report him again or shall i install the addon for myself and start make some money?
QNmbZMH.jpg

1 hour ago, rasvanahka said:

I tried again today with some coarse blasting powder and he is still using the same feature, should I bother to report him again or shall i install the addon for myself and start make some money?

Yeah, that's one of the problems I was referring to in this thread. 

You should definitely install Aux addon regardlelss btw, it's a pretty awesome thing even if you don't use the "autobuy" feature.

On 6.6.2017 at 8:38 PM, Hurricane2 said:

Report again, that is a pretty obvious example of botting.

Reported again. This time i didn't get reply at all from GM, my ticket just disappeared and the player is still there autobuying everything that can be sold to a vendor for profit.