Thari

Elysium Q & A Weekly Answers! / 19.05.2017

591f5041155ba_weeklyQA.thumb.jpg.e76a6188f5d4d6a37b04cbcc0f5186de.jpg

When is the release date for 1.5. Elysium/Zeth'Kur?

At the moment, we do not see any deviation of content releases as they appear in our timeline. We expect it to be released at the end of June, as we always release our content at the end of each month we have planned it for.

When is Zeth'Kur merge? Will 1.5. be before or after merge?

The Zeth'Kur transfer & merge process is still being worked on, but the merge will happen before patch 1.5 releases.

As of a week or so ago, only 1 dev, Staden, is able/assigned to address the issues regarding the ZK xfers/merge. And given that as lead Dev, there are numerous other issues requiring the attention of him and others, is it likely that we'll have xfers before it's too late?

"We'll have it ready when it's ready" isn't enough for players to make necessary decisions. If we're going to lose a large portion of the remaining playerbase before xfers go through, you may end up deciding that it's not worth doing at all. If xfers are a month or so away, this isn't a problem, but if we're talking about 2, 3 months, possibly more, it becomes a strong possibility that help will come too late to matter. Separate but related questions: What can be done to speed this process up? Is it a shortage of devs? Can more funding from players assist with this process? Is there anything players can do to help? Is there any way to have more regular feedback on xfer status? Going a month with no word on any progress is terrifying. 

We appreciate the interest of players to contribute and help with this process, however there is unfortunately nothing players could do to help on this process.

We should have more information for our players about the transfers & merge after our maintenance on next Wednesday (24/05/17).

Can we get clarification on the timelines, at least for ZK and Elysium, that the current timelines are indeed the current plan for content release? And if not, what changes are being made? DM was moved up, a fantastic decision, and we'd like to know if more changes are in store.

At the moment we do not have any plans to accelerate the timeline. We are monitoring the situation of activity and time spent ingame of players and if we see the necessity of accelerating content releases we will look into the possibility.

Having lots of fun raiding ZG on Darrowshire. Wondering when the NPCs for set gear and enchants will appear in the game? Have some tokens waiting in bank ;)

This will be fixed with our maintenance on next Wednesday (24/05/17).

Why is transparency regarding donations such a struggle? Players who care basically just want an anonymized list of how much is being donated, to know what donations are spent on, and to know who is in charge of those funds. We recently were informed what the money was to be spent on, but it seems very easy to make the whole process far more transparent, appeasing the naysayers, without asking for them to just trust. There may very well be absolutely nothing wrong occurring - that's my assumption - but it's confusing why there's such resistance to making it clear and transparent that that's indeed the case.

The current setup is to reduce the risk of potential legal trouble, as publishing the amount of donations we receive could create problems for members of our staff. Our project operates in a legal gray-area and it is our desire to minimize the risk to any members of the project. Our staff consists of volunteers from around the world and our only choice for accepting donations is by using a personal PayPal account, which follows under specific restrictions which aren't fully cleared out yet. Other projects are able to be more transparent and open about the services/donations that they receive due to the way they are run, however, we are looking into other possible solutions to provide a more timely and transparent method of tracking donations as we are a volunteer based project.

To adress your concerns and the rumors: The PayPal account of our project does not belong to Shenna and since her retirement she is no longer involved in this project. It is not easy to find an individual that is not scared to use their personal PayPal for the projects needs due to taxation. The PayPal account that is registered on our donation link is registered to a person whom we can trust and can rely on for legal support. Shenna joined the Valkyrie-Project in 2016 and was the person who proposed the release of Elysium 1.0. While the former Valkyrie-Project had real money services like character & account sales, these services were stopped with the release of the first Elysium server due to new project policies. Most of the existing infrastructure services have been in place well before the Nostalrius migration, and thus there was no reason to dramatically change external payment methods for these services due to an internal policy change.

Funds collected using her PayPal during the Anathema chargeback incident were transfered to the projects PayPal account and being used for the projects needs.

Whats your future plan vs. Gold Seller?

At the moment, regarding our future plans against wrongdoers including goldsellers, please read this announcement:
https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/46620-hardware-servers-and-funds As stated in the announcement we are in need of additional hardware that allows us not to just store logs in a centralized location, but also apply automatic filters to these logs that will automatically catch exploiters, dupers and other wrongdoing in real time.

In addition to these changes, our GM team is making great strides in reducing their operations by investigating these sellers and sanctioning those who purchase gold. As always, if you come across gold seller activity, botting, or other behavior that violates our Terms of Use, submit an in-game ticket with any supporting evidence (screenshots, videos, etc.) that will assist them in investigating further. Our Gamemasters also made a related topic about gold spammers and how to assist our Gamemasters in punishing them today: https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/47140-gold-spammers

See you next week!

Sincerely, 
Elysium Staff

More info than I expected, there's enough there to help us get a decent idea of what's in store and when, and you gave us specific date for getting more info and more specificity (the 24th). That's massive progress compared to the last time we got information. Thank you.

Quoting the ZK discord channel conversation that followed this thread's creation where I asked for clarification, in case it would be helpful for others to see:

Fiers-Today at 5:53 PM

@Thari "The Zeth'Kur transfer & merge process is still being worked on, but the merge will happen before patch 1.5 releases." - checking to make sure that's not a typo

the merge will be before 1.5, and 1.5 is planned (but not guaranteed) before the end of June?

Thari-Today at 5:54 PM

yes

Fiers-Today at 5:55 PM

and 1.4+1.5 are at the same time, or does that mean potentially splitting 1.4 and 1.5?

Thari-Today at 5:55 PM

Both at the same time

Fiers-Today at 5:58 PM

is there a reasonable expectation of getting a warning ahead of time, for both events?

originally we were told there'd be at least 2 weeks, and would have an attempt to get a month's heads up on the timing. this helps immensely, but knowing we'll have a specific date at least X amount of time beforehand (i.e. 2 weeks) would also be fantastic

Fiers-Today at 6:00 PM

again, this is very helpful - far more specific than we've had up til now - and of course, it'd only be the best approximation of an ETA. but a specific ETA, at least a certain amount of time before the actual event(s), rather than "by the end of June" would be an additional major step in helpfulness.

Thari-Today at 6:01 PM

The Q&A gave you a warning about it 1.5 months ahead of time now

More information will follow later

Fiers-Today at 6:01 PM

right, and that's wonderful, but what I mean is

so as of that post, we know it's planned to be before the end of June. but (for example) we could find out on June 5th that it's coming out on June 7th

Thari-Today at 6:03 PM

No

We'll give you information as soon as possible.

Fiers-Today at 6:03 PM

so what I'm asking for is something along the lines of "we will give at least a 2 weeks notice prior to the merge and prior to the patch, giving a specific planned release date for each event"

Thari-Today at 6:03 PM

"We should have more information for our players about the transfers & merge after our maintenance on next Wednesday (24/05/17). "

Fiers-Today at 6:03 PM

and if 2 weeks isn't possible, then what is

Right, I see that. And I promise I'm not trying to give you a hard time here. But "more information" is not the same as specific targeted dates, or a heads up at least a certain amount of time prior to the planned final date.

that post has far more information than I expected to see, and that's amazing. I'm not asking this because I think you owe us more info today or anything

Thari-Today at 6:05 PM

"More information" means, that there will be more information about everything

It doesn't mean that we only talk about how to transfer

Fiers-Today at 6:07 PM

roger that. I can be patient for 5 days. just expect me to be saying the same things on the 24th, if a specific length of time as a heads up (or something better, like the actual planned day) isn't given. sounds like it's likely we'll get something along those lines at a minimum, in addition to other information, so I'll be looking forward to the 24th

Thari-Today at 6:08 PM

I can't promise you that its up right after the maintenance. It all depends on when our CM's are online, but its planned to be with the maintenance.

Anyways, I'm tired. Good night.

Fiers-Today at 6:09 PM

thanks Thari, and the rest of the team. sleep well

5 minutes ago, Lifealert said:

How's Naxx coming along?

Astute observers of the public development Discord server would notice regular Naxx updates to GitHub ;)

1 minute ago, Hudson said:

Astute observers of the public development Discord server would notice regular Naxx updates to GitHub ;)

I've only noticed the naxx test server.

How will the xfers/merge handle PvP brackets, and how long will xfers be open before the automatic merge into Elysium? I know you said more info will be coming on the 24th, so I can certainly wait til then for an answer, but I sincerely hope there's a plan in place to address that.

7 hours ago, Alright said:

Great work, guys!

You have many faces!

Greetings, probably you´re planning TBC server. If it is true will be chars from vanilla servers transfered to TBC servers with level, items... Or TBC servers will be  different.

-Thanks for answer... Playa808

hey   i wonder if it is possible example que wsg takes 5 10  or more arati basin 30 min 40 min ,,,,,   it is possible all servers can play  pvp together??

36 minutes ago, zzaza said:

Alterac valley and Zul gurub soon on elysium server?:)

AV: Late next month

ZG: October