Sign in to follow this  
Jainas

STV madness wait for 50-59 leveling

Hi, I reach level 51 yesterday and I went to un'goro first yesterday it was litteraly impossible to do a quest without dying..So I moved to Felwood to see and it was worst..At this time I was like "hmmm what am I supposed to do". So I decided to get to searing gorge maybe If I stay far from Thorium Point I should not have any problem...Well I was wrong it was the worst idea I ever had...

To people that are saying STV is a joke...wait until you get level 50 you'll see what is "joke". In 5hours 37minutes I have made 27% of level 51 and I'm starting to get tired of this ganking I don't know what to do tbh I mean what's wrong with you guys? I've tried all time (ST) 10AM 2PM 5PM 8PM 12AM 2AM 6AM 

I don't know about horde leveling but alliance one is a pain in the ass. Don't tell me "pvp server boi you should have think twice before playing" well it was not like this on Nostalrius and there were 3 or 4K more pop...

Why are people killing lowbies all the day? What can I do against that?

As I am writting this post Im getting ganked in searing gorge again...

Don't do the most popular quests referenced in all the guides. Find a quiet grinding spot and only do the quests there , or grind some mob that is not a quest mob. You can also get together a team of 3-5 and do some dungeon for XP and loot, it's a fun way to level and a great alternative to wandering around Azeroth getting ganked.

The L60 horde gank in every single 50+ zone for honor while they are in BG queues. They're mostly around the FPs and most frequent questing areas. For Un'goro this is the northern/northeastern part of the zone as well as the devilsaur spawns. For almost every zone it's the same, a few areas where almost all the gankers and questers tend to congregate. There are other places you can go to, for example in Tanaris and Un'goro the bug lairs are almost always empty of all players, becayse they are a bit harder to kill and not many quests involve em. Great places to grind.

Took me 3 hours to make it from 50 to 51.

But I agree the ganking is totally out of control. You should not be constantly facing high ranked L60 players while trying to quest at level 50ish. It is totally ruining the leveling experience especially on the alliance side and is nothing like it was in retail vanilla. They need to close new character creation on horde side for a month or so to bring the factions closer to parity or alternatively allow horde vs. horde battlegrounds.

Yeah it seems the contestants between the highlvl horde is insane.

For real the higher the rank the higher are the potential to grab evry singe point of honor outside bgs.

On the other hand at alliance, its not possible without a premade group to reach a high rank , because there are alot of premades which increases the pool of honor that hard atm. 

Im rank 8 atm with 250k honor. I wont get half a rank with that char.

2 month ago you could get with that amount of honor a complete rank from 8 to 9.

To topic ill have an alt with lvl 53 , and i just grinded 4 lvls complete in azshara.

Sure you get some ganks but mostly there are only quester some raider that want to hydraxian and alot of herber and people which want some felcloth .

Go there and grind , and with lvl 54 go to winterspring or epl.

Yeah, level 50+ questing areas are basically off limits to Alliance at this point. I have two chars in the 50s right now. The mage I am leveling in an instance. The warrior I'm leveling through dungeons (slowly). There is only ganking if you try to quest in popular areas. And it's not just one or two 60s doing it. It's full groups roaming the area and assisting each other. The alliance players who might actually be able to put a stop to this are too busy in battlegrounds. 

Ehh, it's not just horde.  I made it to 23 on my shaman and am currently stuck at sunrock retreat.  Couple of Ally 60s always seem to be camping the place now.  I'm sure it's bad timing on my part, I've been there before with no trouble...but every time I've logged in on that toon I've been killed and camped.  

Made a toon on darrowshire to kill some time while waiting to try elysium again.  Now 28 on that server.  Would prefer to play on a pvp server...but lucks been against me it seems.

Yeah, it happens on both side. Just worst for alliance you can't walk 100 yards w/o running into horde.

My question for you guys leveling on alliance side is... why not group up? I leveled up with a friend and it was nice once we got to lv50+ be able to kill 60's that tried to gank us. I will say that I have a lv30 dwarf priest and I've been trying to find a group to finish the harpies quest out at Stonetalon Mountains for a while now. No way I can complete it alone because I have to fight horde after horde and once in a while a high level. 

My advise would be find a leveling partner or two and go turn the table on horde and kill ANY red you see all the while leveling. =) 

Csant, Generally I would agree with you. But two or three level 50s (or even a full group) can't do a damn thing against a group of R8+ honor farmers. If it were the occasional solo 60, sure, but that's not the issue. These aren't random encounters where having a few leveling friends would solve the problem. 

Oh, now that is different. It sucks, I guess. There really isnt anything anyone can do. 

This weekend on Warmane tbc new server the same faction inbalance is up. There are like a billion horde to alliance (I went alliance this time). People just love the horde for some reason. I know all about the racial bonuses and undead/orc looking cool. But the inbalance is real. lol 

3 hours ago, csant said:

Oh, now that is different. It sucks, I guess. There really isnt anything anyone can do. 

This weekend on Warmane tbc new server the same faction imbalance is up. There are like a billion horde to alliance (I went alliance this time). People just love the horde for some reason. I know all about the racial bonuses and undead/orc looking cool. But the imbalance is real. lol 

Guess the Horde honestly have nothing better to do than gank people that are trying to level.  I wonder if they are aware they are only inflicting harm on themselves while they continue with this behavior.  The more out of control the ganking gets towards the Alliance the less likely the people who are trying to level on said Alliance side are going to stick with it.  They will either switch to the Horde to or they will just quit altogether because it is just not an enjoyable experience.  Dungeons do not give nearly the same rate of xp that retail does and as such is not a real viable alternative for leveling.  What this results with is even longer queue times for the Horde for BG's, exacerbated population imbalance, and a decreasing server population overall.

But by all means continue ganking people to your hearts content if that is how you get your amusement from life.  I do not mind world pvp, but there is a difference between that and just being a jerk about it when you know your opponent cannot possibly do anything to stop you.

Just to clarify people around the same level doing wpvp while questing = no problem.  People who evidently have nothing better to do, want an easy kill with no skill involved and are well outside of a player's level range screwing with players trying to level = problem.  Go back to retail if you want crap pvp.

So, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that this is not a faction specific issue. As a horde player I have been ganked numerous times by ?? Alliance, and had areas rendered unquestable because there are multiple ?? alliance killing any NPC or horde player they find.

The larger issue is why people in general feel the need to gank players that are more than 3 levels lower than themselves. I dont know about the majority of people, but I PvP for the challenge. It is very rare that I will jump someone who is green to me, or is at low health and farming mobs.

This is an issue that transcends both sides. Both horde and alliance have a**shats that think killing lowbies is fun it is not exclusive to one faction.

Dont cry and work hard.. I get ganked so many times and now Im lvl 60 (it was not easy). You will not do anything about it.

19 hours ago, falconertomt said:

The larger issue is why people in general feel the need to gank players that are more than 3 levels lower than themselves.

You start becoming "worth" killing because somewhere in the mid to upper level 40s, you give decent honor points to a level 60, especially one who is doing the pvp grind and needs every little point they can get.

Anyone killing you below that point is mostly just killing you for fun.

9 minutes ago, Muldreg said:

You start becoming "worth" killing because somewhere in the mid to upper level 40s, you give decent honor points to a level 60, especially one who is doing the pvp grind and needs every little point they can get.

Anyone killing you below that point is mostly just killing you for fun.

which is the reason why alliance has it way harder leveling. every competitive alliance ranker just chainqueues bgs.

horde has to much downtime in between, so they just worldpvp.