Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ash

PvP Scene Community Feedback

Recommended Posts

Expand the ranking brackets to increase the number of rankers able to achieve rank 12, 13 and 14.

 

lower respec cap cost to 10-25g.

punish wall walking and partial safe spotting.

problem solved. You're welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DO NOT lower respec costs

 

All these players complaining about high respec costs, you are the reason, if they will accept the change, that the economy will crash.

 

There are built in gold sinks like this and there are multiple ways of making at least 100 gold a day with either barely or hard effort, depending on how you farm it.

 

You don't need to raid in your min/max fury spec, you can raid as MS, its viable.

Same for all other classes.

 

You also don't need to pvp in your "best spec", you can pvp as fury, its also very viable

Same for all other classes.

 

Please stop trying to make this a funserver like Kronos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a reminder, keep conversation civil here :) if you disagree with someone here feel free to explain logically why you feel their viewpoint is invalid. This thread exists for open dialogue based on community opinions, so I'd appreciate if everyone continues to act in a civil manner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, Nelythia said:

DO NOT lower respec costs

 

All these players complaining about high respec costs, you are the reason, if they will accept the change, that the economy will crash.

 

There are built in gold sinks like this and there are multiple ways of making at least 100 gold a day with either barely or hard effort, depending on how you farm it.

 

You don't need to raid in your min/max fury spec, you can raid as MS, its viable.

Same for all other classes.

 

You also don't need to pvp in your "best spec", you can pvp as fury, its also very viable

Same for all other classes.

 

Please stop trying to make this a funserver like Kronos

You realize having 50g respec that people rarely use doesn't act as more of a gold sink than having a 25g respec that is used way more frequently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, quasexort said:

 

You realize having 50g respec that people rarely use doesn't act as more of a gold sink than having a 25g respec that is used way more frequently.

This. Respeccing every weekend isn't even a consideration for most people. If the cost were lower that would change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fiers said:

The server already has many custom changes. Notice how you're not queuing from Arathi and Ashenvale every time you want to play?

But Blizzard changed this. How is that a custom change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that annoys me is the lack of BG's before 60. I think there are like, none, on each of the servers. A "fix" Blizzard did was to allow you to queue for a battleground from wherever in the world from level 10, and then when you exited the BG you carried on from the point of which you entered. I think Blizzard didn't do this until TBC, but I also think that if we implemented it on all Elysium realms it would only improve things. 

To those who want to reply with "OMGZORZ TIS NUT BL!ZZLYK!!1!!one!!", well Blizzard realised it could be improved, and they did. I personally think adding that ability will take nothing away from the "vanilla purity" of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 5/23/2017 at 2:15 PM, csant said:

I was looking forward to bgs at 60 and world pvp. But once I hit 60 and started to bg and notice the shit the horde do, it demoralized me. "but make your on damn group" I don't have the time to spend 80 a week playing (I work and have a family). I can usually play 4 hours a night. 

Let me put it in these terms , doing what you are currently doing you could at most get rank 10 for full blue gear - the highwarlord gear / marshal gear is unattainable with your current hour per games played even if there were no premades your honor per week would be so low it would be below the bracket requirement for maximum RP.

I personally dont really do Battlegrounds that much I am more of a world pvper but  I Agree if you REALLY want to rank you do need to make your own pre-made or join a exisiting  one you cannot expect the devs to change the entire system just because you dont have time or cba - "Retail started declining this way"

"skill based" wsg when its not a premade - no offence guys but 50% of the people in battlegrounds are really shit and tbh have 0 clue of how to actually do the battleground to win the game. 

I know it sucks coming across premades all the time when trying to pvp but when AV releases this changes substantially as it gives you a alternative to wsg/ab which can be controlled.

Just stick it out for a few more weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

49 minutes ago, Ragward said:

 

Let me put it in these terms , doing what you are currently doing you could at most get rank 10 for full blue gear - the highwarlord gear / marshal gear is unattainable with your current hour per games played even if there were no premades your honor per week would be so low it would be below the bracket requirement for maximum RP.

I personally dont really do Battlegrounds that much I am more of a world pvper but  I Agree if you REALLY want to rank you do need to make your own pre-made or join a exisiting  one you cannot expect the devs to change the entire system just because you dont have time or cba - "Retail started declining this way"

"skill based" wsg when its not a premade - no offence guys but 50% of the people in battlegrounds are really shit and tbh have 0 clue of how to actually do the battleground to win the game. 

I know it sucks coming across premades all the time when trying to pvp but when AV releases this changes substantially as it gives you a alternative to wsg/ab which can be controlled.

Just stick it out for a few more weeks.

The release of AV won't change anything. Player's will go to whatever gives the most honor, which will only be AV on its weekend, outside of that it will continue to be AB premades stomping pugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lifealert said:

But Blizzard changed this. How is that a custom change?

Blizzard also added dualspec. How is that a custom change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Caber said:

Blizzard also added dualspec. How is that a custom change?

Battlemasters were added in vanilla, dual spec was added in Wrath.  How is that an argument?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myllz said:

Battlemasters were added in vanilla, dual spec was added in Wrath.  How is that an argument?

Wether it's vanilla or not is irrelevant and an arbitrary distinction. It's not in the current patch, just like dualspec isn't.

I mean, if I suggested they should release ZG ahead of BWL, would you perceive this as a "custom funserver feature and not blizzlike" or would you think "oh, it's vanilla so it's fine and not custom"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Premades ruin pvp for most of the player base, its sad but true.

I played retail vanilla. I loved casual pvp, so did most players. In retail you could queue up, hop in a bg and have fun.

on this server you cant. you queue up, hop in a bg and get stomped by a premade 90% of the games are PUG vs Premade and it's just not fun, so then all the pugs stop playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dagwood said:

Premades ruin pvp for most of the player base, its sad but true.

I played retail vanilla. I loved casual pvp, so did most players. In retail you could queue up, hop in a bg and have fun.

on this server you cant. you queue up, hop in a bg and get stomped by a premade 90% of the games are PUG vs Premade and it's just not fun, so then all the pugs stop playing.

I've played 100s of bgs on Elysium and can say nothing you say here is even remotely true.  I encounter premades as a pug in about 10% of my games.  More than likely you're getting outplayed consistently and wish to the lay blame any where but on yourself for constantly getting steamrolled.  I encountered far more premades in retail vanilla than I do here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i disagree with the people saying there should be reduced respec cost or the ability to queue from anywhere. for me those changes feel too drastic.

i do agree with the basic premise that having to play against fully organized premades almost every time you queue for a battleground is pretty silly. i understand that this is an MMO and the general point is still to organize and work together but at the same time i also think it is pretty unrealistic to expect people to put together a premade every time they want to play a competitive battleground.

if its possible i think the best solution is to remove the ability to queue as a raid group while also adding another bracket where premades are allowed to queue against other premades. this way the people who like to participate and compete with that level of organization can still play against each other without discouraging the majority of the playerbase from queuing by themselves or with a small group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thebe said:

i disagree with the people saying there should be reduced respec cost or the ability to queue from anywhere. for me those changes feel too drastic.

i do agree with the basic premise that having to play against fully organized premades almost every time you queue for a battleground is pretty silly. i understand that this is an MMO and the general point is still to organize and work together but at the same time i also think it is pretty unrealistic to expect people to put together a premade every time they want to play a competitive battleground.

if its possible i think the best solution is to remove the ability to queue as a raid group while also adding another bracket where premades are allowed to queue against other premades. this way the people who like to participate and compete with that level of organization can still play against each other without discouraging the majority of the playerbase from queuing by themselves or with a small group.

This makes no sense.  Reducing respec cost and allowing queue from anywhere simply would increase PvP activity at the cost of nothing.  Your proposal to limit people who organize however would be a drastic change and would reduce PvP activity.  I do bgs as a solo queue 95% of the time and don't agree that playing against premades is an issue.  

I think a lot of people mistake being outranked and getting steamrolled for premades.  Get better gear, ranks, and learn to play your class and play as a team with random people and you can solve your own problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play on Anathema Horde, i would suggest 3 major points:

1) BGs are basically unplayable cause horde have a severe lacking of healers, plus most of the nolifers premade 24*7 on Ally side, become impossible to have fun in BGs for casuals players with no time for premading, if not during AV weekend, which is once a month and anyway is train vs train most of the time with little fun.

I end up doing WPVP searing gorge, eastern plag. etc, and get flamed but unhappy ally who accuse me for ganking with no reason, while the reason is the BG on this server are pure shit.

You should make PVP enjoyable also to who doesn't have the time to premade hours and hours a day, use 5man queue limit or wathever you may think suitable if you claim to care about our feedback like you say in this post, show a sign in the right direction for normal human being or this serve will be a shitfest with a dead PVP scene apart 20 ally nolifers premading day and night like use to be Feenix.

2) Encourage WPVP in any form, would be nice, but for christ sake not something that reward only ppl who play 10h a day.

3) Reduce respec cost, would help A GREAT deal improving the overall scene.

Take some action or i go TBC War mane and then gg lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lifealert said:

But that's wotlk lmao.

The point is that having things in a state months or even years before they would be implemented is already unBlizz-like.

They added dualspec in a future expansion to address the issue we're currently experiencing. They didn't even increase the cost of respecs from expansion to expansion, in spite of 50g in BC having a fraction of its value in Vanilla, and even moreso in future expansions.

 

Finally, even if one forfeited the attempt to argue about whether it is blizzlike, or whether other non-blizzlike changes have been made, it is still the type of change that needs to be made. It makes no sense to accept that we're experiencing a major problem, but say that since Blizzard didn't address it prior to 2.0, nothing can ever be done about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You want to kill the server just for your own personal needs. Once custom content is introduced in the form of lower respec costs and dual spec players will leave and no new players will come because everyone on every internet forum will cry out that elysium servers are FUN servers. This is mostly because TBC/vanilla servers that have these things are indeed fun servers (retrowow/smolderforge for example). 

And you cannot look at future content and say that vanilla ought to have features from those future expansions because those features arose from issues with vanilla. Do you want player housing on vanilla servers because WoD has it and the devs experimented with the idea back in alpha WoW? Should we have LFR too? Don't fix vanilla problems with solutions from future expansions. Vanilla is its own standalone game and should be treated as such.

You are basically arguing for a custom server because you cannot farm 100g a week or pvp in a pve spec for a week or two. You play a hunter I assume. Gold farming is VERY EASY for hunters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see how you can argue that spending 5200 gold a year if you respeced every week is a good idea.  That's not a gold sink, it's a time sink and a completely unnecessary one.  As it is now people who primarily PvE  (which is the majority of the sever pop) choose not to PvP because understandably the respec cost is not justifiable and PvP in a PvE spec for most classes is a waste of time for the individual and a burden on the team.  Lowering respec cost essentially increases the amount of in game content available yet you argue it would kill the game.  That makes no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hurricane2 said:

That's not a gold sink, it's a time sink and a completely unnecessary one

You're playing the wrong game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×