Sign in to follow this  
Jibolad

Spec req

Hey all ... was just looking for some advice. Im buying a new pc soon and was wondering what the required spec would be to be able to play the vanilla server ...doesnt need to be high end just enough to allow me to play :) 

Any feedback would greatfully be appreciated 

Thanks jibo 

TWO titan blacks

OS - Windows 98/ME/2000/XP

Processor - 800 MHz or higher CPU

Video Card - 32 MB 3D graphics card with hardware transform and lighting, such as GeForce 2 or better

Hard Drive Space - 4 GB or more of available hard drive space

RAM - 256 MB or more of RAM

Internet - 56k or higher modem with an Internet connection

God damn 4 GB felt HUGE back then. I remember when I first got the game it took something like 6 hours just to download and install all of the patches.

You can literally play vanilla wow on a potato. Heck, even a raddish or a turnip will work.

On 5/23/2017 at 1:23 PM, Jibolad said:

Hey all ... was just looking for some advice. Im buying a new pc soon and was wondering what the required spec would be to be able to play the vanilla server ...doesnt need to be high end just enough to allow me to play :) 

Any feedback would greatfully be appreciated 

Thanks jibo 

Just to give you an idea of what can run WoW and how much you should be spending, I dug up this $70 laptop that is more than enough to run Vanilla.

If your only requirement out of your new PC is to run vanilla wow than I wouldn't spend more than $100 with Shipping&Handling included

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Latitude-Processor-Genuine-Windows/dp/B00P6O36TM/ref=sr_1_80?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1495667042&sr=1-80&refinements=p_3%3A%2450-%2499