Akira

Zeth'Kur Migration — Transfers starting June 7th

Wasn't the original announcement that the remaining chars would be moved to Elysium?

I feel this is quite a big change considering if you want to go Elysium you could conceivably just quit and wait for the transfer. Now people might not realize they have to do something.

2 minutes ago, Cephei said:

Wasn't the original announcement that the remaining chars would be moved to Elysium?

I feel this is quite a big change considering if you want to go Elysium you could conceivably just quit and wait for the transfer. Now people might not realize they have to do something.

The leadership decided on Anathema for a multitude of reasons - we can't possibly account for such a vague, nebulous number of "people who left and don't ever look at any of our social media engagements but plan on returning at some point down the road." We're giving ample time to be notified and enough time to make the jump.

1 minute ago, Phoosy said:

The leadership decided on Anathema for a multitude of reasons - we can't possibly account for such a vague, nebulous number of "people who left and don't ever look at any of our social media engagements but plan on returning at some point down the road." We're giving ample time to be notified and enough time to make the jump.

But then why announce Elysium in the first place?

3 minutes ago, Cephei said:

But then why announce Elysium in the first place?

Unfortunately, the initial decision was rushed and we had to reconsider it. We don't want to have overcrowded realms again, which was a reason for opening the 4th realm.

Just now, Akira said:

Unfortunately, the initial decision was rushed and we had to reconsider it. We don't want to have overcrowded realm again, which was a reason for opening the 4th realm.

I talked to all 3 of the Zeth'Kur players and I think we can handle them :^).

1 minute ago, Cephei said:

I talked to all 3 of the Zeth'Kur players and I think we can handle them :^).

^.^ Keep in mind, that a lot of players quit Zeth'Kur due to lowering of population. Transfer is a possibility for them to get back to their characters.

So it's 6.

Reguarding character names there is probably not a "blanket solution" but I always thought time played as a good factor to start with. A 60 on one server that plays 8hours a day deserves his name more than an alt or player that only logs a few times a month. I don't think its a leap to say it will help with server longevity too.

On a more serious note, any plans to make sure that people who farmed an empty server for months won't completely destroy the economy of the other servers? I mean you can look into their banks and stuff, people had months to hoard all valuable stuff, buy out all rare patterns, etc. It's tens of thousands of gold potentially.

so let me get this straight, you can farm a ridiculous amount of raw material on a dead server, and come to a much higher populated where its harder to farm such resources and start messing up the economy?? there should be a restriction on raw resources being transferred....

1 minute ago, Akira said:

^.^ Keep in mind, that a lot of players quit Zeth'Kur due to lowering of population. Transfer is a possibility for them to get back to their characters.

So it's 6.

But if the transfers allow them to come back, shouldn't they be moved to the server they'd most likely want to be on?

I understand that it's out of a valid concern for overwhelming Elysium - fears about server issues, queues, etc - but that's potentially harming a large number of players to solve a short term problem -- the exact same thing that caused ZK's creation in the first place.

Is there any potential for an alternative, such as putting inactive players in limbo for an additional period of time, with a second final xfer date? So that the risk of overwhelming Elysium would be diminished, but so would the risk of stranding a large number of currently inactive players on a server they're not interested in playing on, the same thing that caused them to quit initially. Just sharing my thoughts.

I don't mean for my comments on the topic to seem like a negative reaction. The news, and my feelings about it, are overwhelmingly positive as a whole. I just don't want my inactive friends to be irreparably be lost due to setting a new default.

Thanks again for the news, and all the additional clarification/replies.

7 minutes ago, Cephei said:

On a more serious note, any plans to make sure that people who farmed an empty server for months won't completely destroy the economy of the other servers? I mean you can look into their banks and stuff, people had months to hoard all valuable stuff, buy out all rare patterns, etc. It's tens of thousands of gold potentially.

We're still discussing all possible changes and details regarding this merge and hope to provide the full review to community during the next week +/- several days.

I like Akira's reply a lot better on this one, considering I've seen first hand what this did last time (Old Elysium -> Anathema).

You don't have a lot of imagination if you don't make atleast several thousand gold from like 10 minutes of work each day doing practically nothing.

The vast, vast majority of people who quit Zeth to wait for transfers want to go to Elysium from my experience, including people in my guild.

A lot of these people are completely disconnected from the scene or only check in periodically, these guys will one day come back and see they now have multiple 60s on the same server (Anathema) rather than their fresh character going to the fresh server's sister realm. 

Just seems like a lot of people won't even bother playing and boosting Anathema's population since many already have characters there (at least I do). They rolled on the fresh realms for fresh progression, not a t2 raid log server run by the Chinese lel.

i have heard of guilds on ZK stockpiling items to bring over, this merger is going to destroy our economy on Elysium....

4 minutes ago, jerzze said:

i have heard of guilds on ZK stockpiling items to bring over, this merger is going to destroy our economy on Elysium....

Low consume cost for everyone!

2 minutes ago, jerzze said:

heh nothin personal kid... *unsheathes skinning dagger.... looks like your devilsaur leathers are all mine now......

4 minutes ago, jerzze said:

Hey Jerzze we both know you're making money off mafia devilsaur in un'goro. The prices on Zeth Kur are 12g per leather on average and they are 17-18g controlled by the mafia on Elysium. After about a month on elysium the prices will go back up to the market-controlled monolopoly the mafia has on the server, I wouldn't worry about it. 

Also, for most other mats it is not even enough players to make a dent. Runecloth already sells on elysium for what it costs to sell bandages to vendors. It will increase regardless for a little while due to rep turnins during AV patch.

1 hour ago, Simonich said:

Besides zethkur exists as an extension of Elysium.

And Elysium exist from the backing and relaunching of Nost, which brought this population citing a need for an additional server.

33 minutes ago, jerzze said:

i have heard of guilds on ZK stockpiling items to bring over

No you haven't.

33 minutes ago, jerzze said:

this merger is going to destroy our economy on Elysium....

No it won't.

But for the sake of argument, let's address the situation. If the transfers did dramatically affect the economy on Elysium (and/or other servers), it'd mean bringing prices down temporarily, as pre-farmed goods flood the market, followed by a steady increase in prices until they are higher than they would have been without the new population. In the long run, a one time dump of items and materials is minimal in comparison to the now larger population's increase in its need for literally everything.

Instead of whining about how unfair everything is, if you want to make money, stock up on the items that won't scale in spawn rate due to more ppl, buy stuff up when the prices drop, and resell after prices bounce back and increase.

For the vast majority of players on any of the other servers, the inventory of stuff saved by ZK players is a good thing. If you're one of the few that stocked up on just a few things like storing tens of thousands of devilsaur leather in spite of knowing this day would come...well, that's on you, and is simply a laughably insufficient reason to penalize an entire server of players.

It wont destroy the economy. Prices will lower for a few weeks or month while people undercut each other. If anything, some people might be able to find a bargain on some items. I don't see it as a problem.

Sounds good to me. Elysium is already crowded (which is good in many ways) but to be the default would hurt Elysium along with Anathema which is on the decline. Since those on Zeth as well have a choice if they get defaulted someplace else no one to blame but themselves and if during a 3-4 week gap can't even check the news to get defaulted then why should anyone actually care as those players aren't just waiting but simply gone if they can't even be bothered to watch for news for what some may say they are waiting on.