Akira

Zeth'Kur Migration — Transfers starting June 7th

Thanks for your work Elysium team, I've been waiting for this announcement.  So happy that it's here.  I will be donating to the server

Please come up with something creative regarding the naming policy.  I bet lots of people have level 1 alts just holding names or these players have left the project :(

Cheers

Yeah I bet a lot of guilds are hording supplies because they will have an influx of members ready to raid. Its been slim pickings here, so they might as well get their potions, gear, buffs, etc stocked up while they wait. I doubt they will just dump all their hard earned goods for some quick coin. A lot of rare stuff is cheaper on Ely as well, such as Fused Wiring, I have a stockpile of 30 or so, but they go for 6-8g on ZK and 3-4g on Ely, so I might as well just save them for repair bots for raids.

I have seen a lot of questions if why to anathema and not to Elysium. Easy answer if you follow them on discord: anathema and zk are on the same equipment... that would be the logical answer of the why default to anathema over elysium. 

so, let's see if I understood correctly. Are you saying that we can transfer different characters from the same account to different realms? Say I have 2 lvl 60s on zeth kur. If i complete the q for ely on the 60 mage, and the q for darrow on the 60 warlock....do I get them transferred to different realms? And my remaining toons ( on which I didnt do any quest) do get transfered to anathema?

Let me know pls:P

That is what appears to be the case. If you don't choose which server to xfer to in the set time, you characters will automatically be put to Anathema.

I just hope as a 29 Twink that the quest we have to do to transfer WILL NOT GIVE EXP.
Having played this character a lot and having rested exp; unfortunately she cannot handle much more exp or she will level and my weeks of farming will have been for nothing..

Most people in ZK didnt want Indi to represent us, now I guess he's the saviour because he helped kill the server with his guild and friends, what a fucking douche

12 minutes ago, Requiemit said:

Most people in ZK didnt want Indi to represent us, now I guess he's the saviour because he helped kill the server with his guild and friends, what a fucking douche

Very true, but last nail in the coffin that Indi prepared wasn't nailed in by him, but by that leaked Reddit "don't tell anyone..."

Also "indi <to the better future> on that kodo...like, really Elysium? Can you add more insults to the injury?

It's not an insult, it's a joke.

Get over it and laugh instead of complaining about everything.

13 hours ago, Akira said:

Another announcement, regarding the process for resolving name conflicts, will follow up soon. Stay tuned!

Sincerely,
Elysium Staff

@Elysium Staff

I am sure you are busy, but this is one of the biggest and only concerns for many many players.

I appreciate everything you guys do and am a humble noob who knows nothing about the difficulties of coding or databases etc, but I ask you please....

Please let us know what you are doing regarding this issue as soon as you know!

I thank you guys for all you do, its an amazing server.

7 hours ago, Elizza said:

I have seen a lot of questions if why to anathema and not to Elysium. Easy answer if you follow them on discord: anathema and zk are on the same equipment... that would be the logical answer of the why default to anathema over elysium. 

Elysium and ZK are both on patch 1.3

Anathema is on patch 1.9

Just clarifying because you're not the first person who seems to think ZK is ahead of Elysium in the timeline for some reason.

this picture is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS also to not ruin economy, you shouldnt be able to bring over anything at all whatsoever that is NOT SOULBOUND, so black lotus, your gear and your gold.. dont bring anything else to elysium plz thanks

4 minutes ago, Muldreg said:

Elysium and ZK are both on patch 1.3

Anathema is on patch 1.9

Just clarifying because you're not the first person who seems to think ZK is ahead of Elysium in the timeline for some reason.

Restating this again for maximum awareness. I don't have a clue where anyone got the idea that Zeth'kur is a similar patch to Anathema. ZK was spawned as a secondary server to handle the overflow from the initial Elysium PvP fresh start hype, so therefore it is the same patch level as Elysium.

Anathema (Nostalrius PvP) - 1.9 (AQ release)

Darrowshire (Nostalrius PvE) - 1.7 (ZG release)

Elysium & Zeth'Kur - 1.3

15 hours ago, Cephei said:

Wasn't the original announcement that the remaining chars would be moved to Elysium?

I feel this is quite a big change considering if you want to go Elysium you could conceivably just quit and wait for the transfer. Now people might not realize they have to do something.

There's going to be alot of people coming to the forums in July, August and beyond asking why their characters were mistakenly sent to anathema when it was announced that Elysium was the default destination.  It's been what, 7 months since the nost transfer and people still come to the forums regularly asking if they can transfer their nost char even though plenty of information was given out when it happened that there was a limited window to do so.

Elysium was the logical default but if some reason that was deemed a bad idea then darrowshire should have been next in line as the default choice due to its similar player base mindset and population preference.

This is a big mistake that this project will have to deal with for months.

41 minutes ago, Spacee (Katastrofen) said:

Yeah that would be all kinds of messed up. only bring soulbound shit :)

You'll live, don't worry.

35 minutes ago, Hurricane2 said:

There's going to be alot of people coming to the forums in July, August and beyond asking why their characters were mistakenly sent to anathema when it was announced that Elysium was the default destination.  It's been what, 7 months since the nost transfer and people still come to the forums regularly asking if they can transfer their nost char even though plenty of information was given out when it happened that there was a limited window to do so.

Elysium was the logical default but if some reason that was deemed a bad idea then darrowshire should have been next in line as the default choice due to its similar player base mindset and population preference.

It's their own fault for leaving the project for so long.  Nothing was ever guaranteed.

40 minutes ago, Hurricane2 said:

I absolutely agree, this is the type of miscommunication that could potentially shut down a real game company let alone a wow private server lol although, after reading through the post and the responses given by staff, I cant say Im surprised. I would say professionalism and accountability is at a minimal over here, which makes me question the future of the project in its entirety. 

23 minutes ago, brocksamson62 said:

I absolutely agree, this is the type of miscommunication that could potentially shut down a real game company let alone a wow private server lol although, after reading through the post and the responses given by staff, I cant say Im surprised. I would say professionalism and accountability is at a minimal over here, which makes me question the future of the project in its entirety. 

I think you need to take a step back and realize you're kind of overreacting here. 

The project has clearly gotten along fine without these people. How would them coming back, realizing they're not on Elysium then just quitting again affect anything?  

What would bring this project down would be a massive decrease to the Elysium server population. And I think I can safely say those people give zero shits about people who quit ZK getting transferring to Anathema. 

And if your worry is professionalism or accountability - look things change. I'm sure the people running this project know much more than any of us, and they made this decision taking all factors into account. Businesses have to change things all the time. It's part of life. 

49 minutes ago, Myllz said:

It's their own fault for leaving the project for so long.  Nothing was ever guaranteed.

That is true.  

The situation now is a little different in that the only info available stated for awhile that the default server was Elysium.  Now players have less than a month to be enlightened and even less of a window to manually pick their server of choice.  Many will have walked away yesterday/weeks ago and will return in a month to see they are not on the server they were told they would be on.

ill ask again, hopefully a gm can clarify it for me. Are we allowed to transfer different chars from the same acc to different realms? By completing a different quest on each char? is there a minimum level requirement to complete those quests? thanks.

41 minutes ago, lucyfer said:

ill ask again, hopefully a gm can clarify it for me. Are we allowed to transfer different chars from the same acc to different realms? By completing a different quest on each char? is there a minimum level requirement to complete those quests? thanks.

The quest is per character, so yes.

1 hour ago, Myllz said:

They left because of the situation on ZK. The situation that is being "fixed" via xfers. Only to spit them out on a server where all their effort in gearing is worthless, because it's 2 years older, and is in a similar situation population-wise to ZK when they quit.

I would've thought that the Project would want to keep as many people active for as long as possible, not discourage a significant number from ever coming back. But I'd also rather them not cause issues for Elysium as part of the process of helping those of us who still play, so I trust them to use their best judgment here, even if it isn't what seems best to me as a player.

1 minute ago, Fiers said:

They left because of the situation on ZK. The situation that is being "fixed" via xfers. Only to spit them out on a server where all their effort in gearing is worthless, because it's 2 years older, and is in a similar situation population-wise to ZK when they quit.

I would've thought that the Project would want to keep as many people active for as long as possible, not discourage a significant number from ever coming back. But I'd also rather them not cause issues for Elysium as part of the process of helping those of us who still play, so I trust them to use their best judgment here, even if it isn't what seems best to me as a player.

Yes but those people are not active. So it's a moot point. 

The team has to do what is best for the project (seeing as they know more than all of us). They can't base their decision on the offchance that these people become active again.