Akira

Zeth'Kur Migration — Transfers starting June 7th

23 minutes ago, quest008 said:

There should have been a vote whether Elysium or Anathema was the default auto-transfer. Not sure why you'd make this decision of making Anathema the default option without asking the community first.

No offence, but the community as a whole is not privy nor has the perspective that the team leads and administration does in this regard. Things may seem very obvious and straight forward from a player perspective but then turn out to be convoluted and/or much more complex when additional variables and context is taken into account.

The Elysium project staff will always act to the best interests of the community and the project as a whole. We cannot and will not promote the interests one of segment of the population over another. Everything we do is considered and balanced towards what benefits and has the greatest net positive effect on the individual realms and the project itself.

1 minute ago, Stodola said:

No offence, but the community as a whole is not privy nor has the perspective that the team leads and administration does in this regard. Things may seem very obvious and straight forward from a player perspective but then turn out to be convoluted and/or much more complex with additional variables and context is taken into account.

If the community is not privy and lacks your team's perspective, then your team needs to communicate this perspective. The OP should have at least a brief explanation as to why you guys made this decision to change auto-transfers from Elysium to Anathema. Even a short statement like "Anathema was chosen as the server for automatic transfers instead of Elysium because [fill in the blank]" would have been a lot better than nothing. Next time your team makes announcements with major decisions like this, you need to include the reason for it so you can't dismiss us as being not privy to your perspective.

2 minutes ago, quest008 said:

If the community is not privy and lacks your team's perspective, then your team needs to communicate this perspective. The OP should have at least a brief explanation as to why you guys made this decision to change auto-transfers from Elysium to Anathema. Even a short statement like "Anathema was chosen as the server for automatic transfers instead of Elysium because [fill in the blank]" would have been a lot better than nothing. Next time your team makes announcements with major decisions like this, you need to include the reason for it so you can't dismiss us as being not privy to your perspective.

It would take a thesis to document the entire discussion and analysis process. The long story short is simply that Anathema is the better choice, ergo, Anathema was chosen. 

As I said before, there are many variables and much more context than players deal with. 

While we could go into much more detail regarding the decision process, it would only serve to fuel further bickering and fighting between players who want their particular perspective catered to. It would not change our decision in any regard which has been arrived at after long and careful analysis and discussion, community consultation included. 

1 hour ago, Stodola said:

The Elysium project staff will always act to the best interests of the community and the project as a whole. We cannot and will not promote the interests one of segment of the population over another. Everything we do is considered and balanced towards what benefits and has the greatest net positive effect on the individual realms and the project itself.

I have no reason to doubt that you want to act to the best interests of the community. I thank you and your team members for your hard work. I only ask that your communication be less vague and not lack detail because I believe openness to server decisions would be better for the interests of the community.

It would take a thesis to document the entire discussion and analysis process.

I am not asking for a thesis. Just in your own words (or your team's words), a brief summary/conclusions of your discussion and analysis that reached this decision. Even just the one main detail is fine.

The long story short is simply that Anathema is the better choice, ergo, Anathema was chosen. As I said before, there are many variables and much more context than players deal with. While we could go into much more detail regarding the decision process, it would only serve to fuel further bickering and fighting between players who want their particular perspective catered to. It would not change our decision in any regard which has been arrived at after long and careful analysis and discussion, community consultation included. 

This is where I disagree. What you are essentially saying is "we don't want to give any details because it will only cause fighting." Actually, I think not being frank with us and not communicating at all is worse than giving at least one detail even if you think it may be controversial.

You first declare that I'm "not privy" and lack your team's "perspective" when I asked why an automatic realm transfer decision was made without asking the community. Okay, I'll concede that to you. So then I ask for at least one reason so I can understand your perspective. Now you are saying you don't want to give any details because it's too complicated and it will start fighting. Do you see the disconnect?

From what I can tell, we have a disagreement on the communication method that would "act to the best interests of the community." You believe it would be better to hide details on server/project decisions, while I believe it would be better to reveal at least one detail on server/project decisions so the community can understand your team's thought process. I insist that you and your team reconsiders this stance of hiding details on server decisions because I believe it would be better in the long term for the project to try to be as open as possible with the communication.

Am I missing something in this conversation?

You have nearly a month heads up of the server transfer option and shutdown.

You have the ability to transfer your character to ANY server you want in a 2 week window.

If you don't CHOOSE what server you WANT to transfer to in that 2 week window, you automatically have your character transferred and saved to Anathema where you can play it whenever you like at a future date.

Is this wrong? 

10 minutes ago, quest008 said:

Even just the one main detail is fine.

Elysium is coded like a knotted ball of yarn. The last thing they want to do is enlarge the ball even more than they already have to in order to save the active Zeth'Kur players, before they can figure out a way to unknot it.

I still don't think it's wise - either the players come back, and thus are active, and won't want to be stranded, or they don't come back (at least not in the short term) and there's no harm in moving them to Elysium. But that's something they'd certainly know better than me about, so I have to assume there's a related logical basis for why that's not a good idea.

3 minutes ago, Prancinglid said:

Am I missing something in this conversation?

You have nearly a month heads up of the server transfer option and shutdown.

You have the ability to transfer your character to ANY server you want in a 2 week window.

If you don't CHOOSE what server you WANT to transfer to in that 2 week window, you automatically have your character transferred and saved to Anathema where you can play it whenever you like at a future date.

Is this wrong? 

Yes. We've been told that all characters on ZK who don't log on during the transfer period will be transferred to Elysium automatically. That seems to have been the community's consensus that Elysium was the best default option.

Now, just yesterday they decide Elysium is not going to be the default option and that they've opted for Anathema instead. No reason has been stated. I'd like to see at least one reason so everyone understands the decision.

Do you see the disconnect?

Not at all. You're still bickering over this, even though the decision has been made after a long and involved process of review.

If I say - and , keep in mind, I'm not at liberty to simply say anything I want - that reason "X" plays a large factor in the choice. Then there will be players that swear blue bloody murder that "X" is wrong, and "Y" proves it, and therefore we should do "Z". There will be an equal faction that swear just as vigorously that "X" is right, and thank you for recognizing that, and that the "Y"-sayers need to shut up and accept the decision.

Disclosing a months long review process to be nit and cherry picked and used as fodder for players to support their own views, while completely disregarding the sum totality of it, would be counter productive. 

13 minutes ago, quest008 said:

Yes. We've been told that all characters on ZK who don't log on during the transfer period will be transferred to Elysium automatically. That seems to have been the community's consensus that Elysium was the best default option.

Now, just yesterday they decide Elysium is not going to be the default option and that they've opted for Anathema instead. No reason has been stated. I'd like to see at least one reason so everyone understands the decision.

Okay, great. I appreciate the swift response. I just wanted to make sure that the people complaining in this thread are in fact morons without a real life purpose.

Carry on. 

13 minutes ago, Prancinglid said:

Okay, great. I appreciate the swift response. I just wanted to make sure that the people complaining in this thread are in fact morons without a real life purpose.

Carry on. 

When you are reduced to name-calling it is the most graceless way of admitting you have no argument.

The hundreds of bags full of expensive materials won't ruin the economy on Elysium, at least not at first.

What will for sure happen is that some ZK players will get MASSIVE amounts of gold from this transfer. Hell, some items are already being sucked away from ZK's AHs and onto the private Kodos...

If these new Lords of Money are smart enough, yes, they can significantly shake Elysium economy after some time.

9 hours ago, Stodola said:

Not at all. You're still bickering over this, even though the decision has been made after a long and involved process of review.

If I say - and , keep in mind, I'm not at liberty to simply say anything I want - that reason "X" plays a large factor in the choice. Then there will be players that swear blue bloody murder that "X" is wrong, and "Y" proves it, and therefore we should do "Z". There will be an equal faction that swear just as vigorously that "X" is right, and thank you for recognizing that, and that the "Y"-sayers need to shut up and accept the decision.

Disclosing a months long review process to be nit and cherry picked and used as fodder for players to support their own views, while completely disregarding the sum totality of it, would be counter productive. 

You'd be better off posting nothing than this condescending and weak attempt to explain why your community doesn't deserve to know why the default transfer server that was picked is the one least preferred among Zeth'Kur players.

You guys made the wrong decision and the outright hostile tone of your response to the community is not helpful or productive.

You will see in the next month and especially after June how much the community disagrees with this decision in theory and in practice.

This conversation is absurd.  To hell with the players who have left the project and don't monitor the announcements, they were nothing more than hype-cultists and will only ever drift aimlessly between fresh servers.  Any player that left for legitimate concerns, yet was invested in their character and made bonds within the community will see this news and act in accordance.  This conversation is nothing more than a petty rivalry between players on Anathema and players on Elysium.  Elysium's argument is that ZK players will obviously prefer Elysium because it is the "healthy" realm; if that is true then go on and continue to play on Elysium and don't fret over things such as this, you have your alleged healthy population and if you are right then any active player will choose to join you on your server.  However, the truth of the matter is that Anathema is far from dead, anyone who thinks so is merely blaming the shortcomings of themselves or their guild on their environment.  The only truth of the matter is that our 60 population dwarfs sub-60 population.  So, in truth, this is not about the just fate of default transfers, this is about Elysium players being insecure about the health of their own server.  Stop your server>project mentality, we all rise and fall together.

3 minutes ago, Hurricane2 said:

You'd be better off posting nothing than this condescending and weak attempt to explain why your community doesn't deserve to know why the default transfer server that was picked is the one least preferred among Zeth'Kur players.

You guys made the wrong decision and the outright hostile tone of your response to the community is not helpful or productive.

You will see in the next month and especially after June how much the community disagrees with this decision in theory and in practice.

His statement is fine.  Essentially the staff has to be the tie-breaker between the preferences of Anathema players and Elysium players, I see nothing wrong with them using their perspective to break such a tie.  On another note, there was no uproar from the anathema players at the time of the original announcement when it "favored" elysium, perhaps because we had the presence of mind to realize 99% of players will choose their preference and not be transferred by default.  Stop throwing a tantrum.

It's not hostile, it's matter-of-fact. This is the solution we have arrived at taking into consideration the needs, interests, and desires of all involved and the servers as a whole. 

We are specifically giving you almost an entire month to make up your minds where you want each of your characters to go, and to make this choice yourself. You are empowered to choose your own future, on a per character basis. 

10 minutes ago, saintnixon said:

His statement is fine.  Essentially the staff has to be the tie-breaker between the preferences of Anathema players and Elysium players, I see nothing wrong with them using their perspective to break such a tie.  On another note, there was no uproar from the anathema players at the time of the original announcement when it "favored" elysium, perhaps because we had the presence of mind to realize 99% of players will choose their preference and not be transferred by default.  Stop throwing a tantrum.

Darrowshire was a far more logical choice than anathema.  It was no where near a tie anyhow.  I think you need to look up the definition of a tantrum as my post in no way resembles that definition.  Also that would be nice if 99% of zeth players got to pick their preference but that will never happen in a 2 week window.

1 minute ago, Hurricane2 said:

Darrowshire was a far more logical choice than anathema.  It was no where near a tie anyhow.  I think you need to look up the definition of a tantrum as post in no way resembles that definition.  Also that would be nice if 99% of zeth players got to pick their preference but that will never happen in a 2 week window.

PVP versus PVE is the most fundamental aspect of server choice.  You have lost any semblance of credibility that you had.

5 minutes ago, saintnixon said:

PVP versus PVE is the most fundamental aspect of server choice.  You have lost any semblance of credibility that you had.

Population is the most fundamental aspect of server choice.  Followed by progression.  PvE only applies to world PvP and in regard to darrowshire and zeth the amount of world PvP on those servers is very similar.  Saying I lose all credibility for saying something logical is only going to make you lose credibility.

3 minutes ago, Hurricane2 said:

Population is the most fundamental aspect of server choice.  Followed by progression.  PvE only applies to world PvP and in regard to darrowshire and zeth the amount of world PvP on those servers is very similar.  Saying I lose all credibility for saying something logical is only going to make you lose credibility.

You are blatantly unaware that you perceive your position to be derived from logic while in reality it is built upon a hierarchy of subjective values relative to yourself.

How is philosophy 101 going?

14 minutes ago, Stodola said:

It's not hostile, it's matter-of-fact. This is the solution we have arrived at taking into consideration the needs, interests, and desires of all involved and the servers as a whole. 

We are specifically giving you almost an entire month to make up your minds where you want each of your characters to go, and to make this choice yourself. You are empowered to choose your own future, on a per character basis. 

It was not matter of fact, in fact there were no facts.

As your team well knows from the nost transfers, alot of people are going to miss that 2 week window and when they see their guildies are on Elysium or Darrowshire they will not be pleased.

I'd be interested to know after June 27 what % of the population was transfered by default.

7 minutes ago, saintnixon said:

You are blatantly unaware that you perceive your position to be derived from logic while in reality it is built upon a hierarchy of subjective values relative to yourself.

How is philosophy 101 going?

That does nothing to disprove the logic of my post, the preference of Zeth'Kur players, or the lack of a logical argument on your behalf to defend your unfounded insult.

44 minutes ago, Hurricane2 said:

That does nothing to disprove the logic of my post, the preference of Zeth'Kur players, or the lack of a logical argument on your behalf to defend your unfounded insult.

The logic goes as follows: There are 4 variables to account for when choosing a realm; the realm type, the realm location, the content patch version, and the realm population.  It does not get more fundamental than these, all else being equal.  We can safely assume location should not be a factor in our case as we don't have regional server options.  We can deduce that population does not have primacy in server choice due to the happenstance that players who prefer PVE will role on a PVE server despite a lesser population, ergo the presence of PVE servers in world where we can objectively quantify the higher demand for PVP servers.  We have no evidence that players will play on a PVP server despite a low population in contrast to a high population PVE server because that is a scenario that does not occur. It is difficult to say whether content patch version is more fundamental than server type, but I would argue that it is true because it is a more over-arching stipulation, content patches phase in and out and are simply interval subsets of server progression, the state of 'PVP' or 'PVE' endures beyond and through them.  Furthermore, it is borderline moot in our case because Darrowshire is further progressed than Elysium, also.

The cool thing about language, logic, and cognition is that most of the time you can discern the logic behind a sentiment without having to inflate it into its more verbose, less subtle forms.  But, thank you for reminding me that things that are apparent to people with a better understanding can escape others who are peering into an opaque quagmire when they try to reconcile their perception with that of others.

You forget that we are not talking about players in general but specifically Zeth'Kur players.  They have very different preferences compared to some one brand new to the project.

The only preferences unique to Zeth'kur players is that they either wanted a lower population or they wanted to avoid a queue.  Fortunately for them Anathema has no queue and a lower population than Elysium.

You could say they wanted a fresh realm too, but as I already stated there are many new fresh private servers that they can flock to if that is what they still want; elysium is not so fresh anymore.

Hurricane you are just a rampant complainer, who is nitpicking like crazy. People like you are exactly why Elysium doesn't explain everything, because you will just find the 1 god damn thing to bitch about. He has made it clear that they are looking to help the Elysium project as a whole, and since the Elysium server has a stable pop they are obviously trying to help Anathema and our pop is not. If that means that of all the inactive people not paying attention to ANYTHING AT ALL FOR A MONTH 70% get butthurt and quit, that's still 30% helping a struggling server.

Drives me insane that we even have to deal with you Elysium new cuck jackasses trying to screw over the server that birthed this entire god damn project. Your server is the entire fucking reason that Anathema is struggling, and yet you still even FURTHER try to fuck us on this?