RonaldoR9

Is elysium blizzlike

How close is elysium to being exactly blizzlike. Is it better than Nostalrius? 

I hear alot of people complaining about staff doing unblizzlike changes just to combat gold sellers. So instead of banning the gold sellers, elysium does unblizzlike changes and affect the pure vanilla experience for the rest of the player base??

Is elysium staff too lazy to ban gold sellers? What are your thoughts?

Other than the XP rate there really isn't anything "Blizzlike" about this project tbh

Just now, RonaldoR9 said:

Are you being serious?

Yes? The server has a weird, custom progressive content/patch timeline that isn't blizzlike, there is way more people than normal playing which isn't blizzlike, no battlegroups/cross-server interaction in PvP, etc. It also is international and not regional, which is extremely different than what Blizzard originally had.

"Blizzlike" is a buzzword that I believe doesn't hold much value in today's private server scene.

45 minutes ago, RonaldoR9 said:

How close is elysium to being exactly blizzlike. Is it better than Nostalrius? 

I hear alot of people complaining about staff doing unblizzlike changes just to combat gold sellers. So instead of banning the gold sellers, elysium does unblizzlike changes and affect the pure vanilla experience for the rest of the player base??

Is elysium staff too lazy to ban gold sellers? What are your thoughts?

the spammers are always gonna be ahead because they have a financial motive versus unpaid volunteers, but elysium have implemented some chat restrictions and such to help a bit.

The server is as close to blizzlike as you can get it really, if you can see past the 1.12 client having its limitations when it come to 100% blizzlikeness

A few changes was made to combat the efficiency of gold sellers, and to stabilize the echonomy. Some i agree with others nit, But all in all, Elysium provide a good vanilla experience

what about the population? nostalrius had 13k and still rising. but on elysium currently highest ive seen was +7k. does the staff expect an influx of players any time soon?

This project is the most blizzlike experience you can have for vanilla World of Warcraft.

Due to the amount of population there are "custom" changes made to systems like respawn timers and different other things.

However, this doesn't make them a so called "funserver", it's the best and most blizzlike project out there.

People need to stop arguing about the term "blizzlike" as they think it would mean "exact blizzard copy".

It simply means that the project is staying similar to how blizzard did everything, not exactly copying how they did everything.

14 hours ago, indi said:

Yes? The server has a weird, custom progressive content/patch timeline that isn't blizzlike, there is way more people than normal playing which isn't blizzlike, no battlegroups/cross-server interaction in PvP, etc. It also is international and not regional, which is extremely different than what Blizzard originally had.

"Blizzlike" is a buzzword that I believe doesn't hold much value in today's private server scene.

FYI, we shouldn't have battlegroups at this stage, and WoW was international because you could buy any regional client and play there. Many guys from NA who had their off time at nights played in EU servers and vice versa. NA servers launched first so they had quite a big EU population in fact, not to mention folks from Oceania. Maybe you should left commenting on such issues to players who were actually playing original vanilla and can tell what is Blizzlike and what is 'extremely different'.

2 hours ago, sreaver said:

Maybe you should left commenting on such issues to players who were actually playing original vanilla and can tell what is Blizzlike and what is 'extremely different'.

Blizzlike is a buzzword. 

A successful server like oldnost and elysium will never EVER be 100% like the bliz servers were back then.

The times changed. The people changed.

Still can't believe some people cry about it npt being a copy of what they remember.

Take oldschool runescape. The same old great game but with NEW updates to add content, some great some not so great... but new.

Grow up

It's no more 'buzzword' than doing a car restoration and wanting to keep it as original as possible. Most people who didn't get to drive that car, when it was the hottest thing, will never understand why someone would like to restore it to as original as possible, even though it handles poor and has hard suspension compared to one with modern parts in it. Still nobody is expecting it to be 100% similar than it was straight from the factory.  Also has nothing to do with growing up. In fact it's usually the grown ups who long for the original experience from way back in the day.

6 hours ago, sreaver said:

FYI, we shouldn't have battlegroups at this stage, and WoW was international because you could buy any regional client and play there. Many guys from NA who had their off time at nights played in EU servers and vice versa. NA servers launched first so they had quite a big EU population in fact, not to mention folks from Oceania. Maybe you should left commenting on such issues to players who were actually playing original vanilla and can tell what is Blizzlike and what is 'extremely different'.

So because some people played outside their region and some gripe about Battlegroups being at "this stage" despite all kinds of shit, primarily 1.12.1 talents being out already?

See how this server really isn't blizzlike? It is literally a buzzword that I believe holds no weight since you can't really take it seriously.

I'm not saying Elysium is some crazy, p2w server, I am simply stating it isn't Blizzlike. They do obviously try and emulate an environment which is as close to the real thing but they are restricted by what they can do (the client is a major part).

Another thing which I don't really understand about people using "Blizzlike" as an argument is how awful things would be if the server was truly Blizzlike, imagine all the exploits and bugs we'd be having to deal with.

Heck, if you want to look at something concrete that isn't Blizzlike, just look at hunter pets. 

From release until Patch 1.7 the abilities of hunter pets was limited to Bite, Claw, Cower, Dash, Dive, and Growl.

Patch 1.7 added Furious Howl, Prowl, Scorpid Poison, Screech, Great Stamina, Natural Armor, and the Arcane, Fire, Frost, Nature, Shadow resistances.

Patch 1.8 added Lightning Breath

Patch 1.9 added Charge, Shell Shield, Thunderstomp.

As a player of a hunter, I happen to enjoy using a Boar with Charge and am quite thankful that Elysium isn't 100% Blizzlike.

Druids got innervate baseline in one of the last patches. Feral should suck so much more than it does and I am not mad that we play with 1.12 talents ^^

Oh and I love the oldtimer metaphor.

16 hours ago, indi said:

So because some people played outside their region and some gripe about Battlegroups being at "this stage" despite all kinds of shit, primarily 1.12.1 talents being out already?

See how this server really isn't blizzlike? It is literally a buzzword that I believe holds no weight since you can't really take it seriously.

I'm not saying Elysium is some crazy, p2w server, I am simply stating it isn't Blizzlike. They do obviously try and emulate an environment which is as close to the real thing but they are restricted by what they can do (the client is a major part).

Another thing which I don't really understand about people using "Blizzlike" as an argument is how awful things would be if the server was truly Blizzlike, imagine all the exploits and bugs we'd be having to deal with.

I think Elysium is the closest to "blizzlike" we are gonna find.

it is 100% exactly like the game was when i bought it in the winter of 2004.  well...  99%. 

Still, this is a major accomplishment on the part of those that made it happen.  This is my first legacy server, but i'm in awe of what these folks have done.  

They deserve massive props

Hey when you dissenchant an item, the box appears with the material but it automatically goes to your bags. Is this blizzlike or a bug? because I remember I had to click on it first before it ends up in my bag.

The reason why I am mention this here is because I get turned off when I see this, It kinda makesme feel like it is not blizz like experience

We have made very huge efforts to keep the game in its original form as best as possible. Are there minor bugs?...Sure! The idea here is preservation and the biggest thing we aim here for is community. Vanilla to me in my own experience is valued on the world activity and not being idle in a game waiting for just a queue to pop for any dungeon or raid I feel like running. It requires players to be proactive with one another and more interacting with the game.

As far as the minor bugs that happen here and there, Well as you can see from our announcements we are in a constant effort to fixing issues and making the experience as best we can.

Thanks All :). Enjoy your time here.

Just be prepared to encounter custom tweaks made by the devs which usually have very weak reasoning behind it, and a little rule bend here and there with a pinch of bias.

Other than that, it's a great server with pretty cool staff. If you are looking for vanilla experiance, you will probably find it here.

On 27/05/2017 at 11:51 PM, Josipbroz said:

The server is as close to blizzlike as it possibly could be. Obviously there are limiations (such as being limited to the 1.12 client) and "blizzlike bugs" which we don't want to keep.

Best regards!

You can't claim Elysium to be Blizzlike when you customize things because you don't think they are fair. Such as DM east nerf upon many other things.

Ultimately Elysium isn't blizzlike and you're false advertising