Sign in to follow this  
killerduki

Farewell

1 hour ago, Patchi said:

The issue with the video Duki linked, is that sure, JotC stacked to 2, when there was a documented visual bug with the judgements stacking. In this 40 paladin raid, yes 40 paladins, if they knew JotC should stack, then so should light, wis, and the rest, except the ONLY judgement you see glance up twice, is JotC, which has a documented visual bug from patch 1.8. You can take general logic, no stretch, and think that a raid full of 40 paladins, and judgements stacking, that someone, somewhere, would have put up a second wisdom, or light. But no, you have a 2nd JotC, and a known documented visual bug for it.

It's not rocket science, it's common sense. Which is severely lacking in the Paladin circlejerk.

lawl just stop 

Duki and I tried teaching common sense to the Holy Resistance cartel and look how that went down...

1 hour ago, Theloras said:

Duki and I tried teaching common sense to the Holy Resistance cartel and look how that went down...

You can lead a man to water, but you cannot make him THINK ...

:(

8 hours ago, Theloras said:

lawl just stop 

Wrong, you posted walls of text and flooded that nostalrius thread with insults until someone else stepped up and provided evidence which you were unable to find.

Remember that kid.

9 hours ago, kingRat said:

Wrong, you posted walls of text and flooded that nostalrius thread with insults until someone else stepped up and provided evidence which you were unable to find.

Remember that kid.

like Darkrasp or Snawfu and his AMAZING evidence directly from the WoW cd?

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43506&sid=c2751bfffc00b70dd6dcd2fcde645302&start=360#p317323

lolololol

Common sense indeed...

Duki and I were the ones who threw shade on the 126 bitmask aura when everyone else drank the Koolaid.

Remember that kid.

36 minutes ago, Theloras said:

like Darkrasp or Snawfu and his AMAZING evidence directly from the WoW cd?

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43506&sid=c2751bfffc00b70dd6dcd2fcde645302&start=360#p317323

lolololol

Common sense indeed...

Duki and I were the ones who threw shade on the 126 bitmask aura when everyone else drank the Koolaid.

Remember that kid.

copypasting wowwiki articles and insults ad nauseum is what you and dunky did until Cornholi managed to post real evidence that a server-wide overwrite was in place.

Your contribution to the cause was more or less 0.

//remember kids retarDin paladin isn't useful dps 

21 hours ago, gamemechanic said:

And you are missing my point. There has been zero evidence that this mechanic existed in late vanilla. I'm openminded and enjoy discussing gamemechanics, so if anyone thinks they have just one evidence that this mechanic existed, feel free to send it to me and we can discuss it.

So what evidence was there that it did not exist in vanilla if they refuted every evidence brought for it.

26 minutes ago, kingRat said:

copypasting wowwiki articles and insults ad nauseum is what you and dunky did until Cornholi managed to post real evidence that a server-wide overwrite was in place.

Your contribution to the cause was more or less 0.

//remember kids retarDin paladin isn't useful dps 

and who was it yet again who found evidence that the 126 bitmask was bullshit in the first place?

Re: Crestfall - 1x progressive Vanilla server

by Theoloras » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:25 am 

My 2 coppers seeing as I am no coder, but from what I can see with MotW, here is both the tooltip and Resistance effect that comes from the spell:

Mark of the Wild
Rank 7
445 mana
30 yd range
Instant
Increases the friendly target's armor by 285, all attributes by 12 and all resistances by 20 for 30 min.

Effect #3 (6) Apply Aura #143: Mod Resistance Exclusive (126)
Value: 20
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=9885

But according to Duki's source from June 2006 (just before vanilla patch 1.11), Blizzard specifically coded above and beyond on the server compared to what is listed in the client files so as to remove any +Holy Resistance that would come from it.

My findings on this are odd- without MoTW I have 0 HR which would be expected. With the buff it listests a bonus of +20... and my bases is now -20. SO they actually "cheat" to keep your resistance at 0. Buuut, that is a little off this topic 
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Talk:Spell_hit/Archive01

This is even with the almighty 126 Resistance mask number that both Snawfu and Darkrasp go on and on about:

Effect gained from Magic Resistance Potion
Effect #1 (6) Apply Aura #143: Mod Resistance Exclusive (126) 
Value: 50
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9036
Resistance mask number 126, which means every resistance but physical(armor).

by Theoloras » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:26 am 

The same argument I made above can be said for Mage Armor as well:

Mage Armor
Rank 3
490 mana
Instant
Increases your resistance to all magic by 15 and allows 30% of your mana regeneration to continue while casting. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Mage at any time. Lasts 30 min.

Effect #1 (6) Apply Aura #22: Mod Resistance (126) 
Value: 15
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?spell=22783

Should all Mages be able to gain +15 Holy Resistance in a similar fashion to Druids and MOTW?

The only difference being that MOTW can be cast on everyone.

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43506&start=360#p317376

1 hour ago, Smiter said:

So what evidence was there that it did not exist in vanilla if they refuted every evidence brought for it.

Logic. Why should one single debuff behave differently than all other debuffs of that type? Why was there knowledge about it pre 1.8 and not a single video/screenshot/blogpost/form comment of it being used in naxx? There isn't a single evidence of it existing in late Vanilla.

"In some circumstances it can be safely assumed that if a certain event had occurred, evidence of it could be discovered by qualified investigators. In such circumstances it is perfectly reasonable to take the absence of proof of its occurrence as positive proof of its non-occurrence."

— Copi, Introduction to Logic

Killerduki and Theloras has spent a lot of time pursuing this, but they haven't found any evidence. That's proof enough for me.

2 minutes ago, gamemechanic said:

Logic. Why should one single debuff behave differently than all other debuffs of that type?

logic like this...

why should one single magic school behave differently than all other magic school of that type?

"because the 126 Bitmask Aura covered the Holy School therefore Holy Resistance MUST exist in the game"

No one has found a shred of concrete evidence that the multiple ranks of the same judgement mechanic was removed - they only have their own personal beliefs and theories.

$hit every single fucking person - every one of you - even denied that the mechanic existed in the first place for christ sake...

2 minutes ago, Theloras said:

No one has found a shred of concrete evidence that the multiple ranks of the same judgement mechanic was removed - they only have their own personal beliefs and theories.

No one has found a shred of concrete evidence that the multiple ranks of the same judgement mechanic existed after patch 1.8 - they only have their own personal beliefs and theories.

16 minutes ago, gamemechanic said:

No one has found a shred of concrete evidence that the multiple ranks of the same judgement mechanic existed after patch 1.8 - they only have their own personal beliefs and theories.

So what exactly do you think they are doing?

trying to falsely exploit the server by having holy non-resistance and judgement multi-stack?

honestly, with all the effort the put into their class (Paladins) and claim in your opinion it's not evidence or enough evidence... what do you honestly feel they been doing?

trying to convince the population about and exploit?

with all the effort they put into trying to show how the class can be played instead of what the majority retail Vanilla population "told us" how to play a paladin.

Dont get me wrong, I love being able to be a healer class, but I love the fact we can tank if we choose too, I love the fact we are some awesome burst dmg dos and we can hold our own pretty well....

but when hen I see people post their opinions and claim this isn't blizzlike or this is blizzlike... it's get to the point of... are you trolling cuz their mad someone actually put effort, or that their jealous of someone trying to hard?

for the record... I never agreed with having judgement multiple stacking, I told this to @Theloras on Nostalrius that I felt it was an exploit, the dude put me on ignore and hardly ever talked to me again... 

but like theloras and duki who have all written guides about this class... (in one form or another)... what do you feel we are actually trying to achieve by showing the community?

thats my question to you...

2 minutes ago, JCarrill0 said:

So what exactly do you think they are doing?

trying to falsely exploit the server by having holy non-resistance and judgement multi-stack?

honestly, with all the effort the put into their class (Paladins) and claim in your opinion it's not evidence or enough evidence... what do you honestly feel they been doing?

trying to convince the population about and exploit?

with all the effort they put into trying to show how the class can be played instead of what the majority retail Vanilla population "told us" how to play a paladin.

Dont get me wrong, I love being able to be a healer class, but I love the fact we can tank if we choose too, I love the fact we are some awesome burst dmg dos and we can hold our own pretty well....

but when hen I see people post their opinions and claim this isn't blizzlike or this is blizzlike... it's get to the point of... are you trolling cuz their mad someone actually put effort, or that their jealous of someone trying to hard?

for the record... I never agreed with having judgement multiple stacking, I told this to @Theloras on Nostalrius that I felt it was an exploit, the dude put me on ignore and hardly ever talked to me again... 

but like theloras and duki who have all written guides about this class... (in one form or another)... what do you feel we are actually trying to achieve by showing the community?

thats my question to you...

I'm not here to troll and you can find my motivation in my username. I'm here to discuss gamemechanics. If someone proclaims that a gamemechanic is wrong or should be changed, then i'll be happy to have a discussion about it. Even if Elyssium closes the forum topic, I have requested people to send their so called evidence to me.

What other peoples motivation is, that's beyond what I'm going to discuss. You can make your own conclussions about that.

3 minutes ago, gamemechanic said:

I'm not here to troll and you can find my motivation in my username. I'm here to discuss gamemechanics. If someone proclaims that a gamemechanic is wrong or should be changed, then i'll be happy to have a discussion about it. Even if Elyssium closes the forum topic, I have requested people to send their so called evidence to me.

What other peoples motivation is, that's beyond what I'm going to discuss. You can make your own conclussions about that.

you say, "Why should one single debuff behave differently than all other debuffs of that type?"

to which I rebuffed, "why should one single magic school behave differently than all other magic school of that type?"

cough holy resistance cough

and then you spout on about logic and common sense...

which is exactly what Duki and I tried FOR MONTHS with the Holy Resistance Usual Suspects...

you see where this is going?

As JCarillo said above, "are you trolling cuz their mad someone actually put effort, or that their jealous of someone trying to hard?"

For the record yes, I had JC on ignore for quite some time but that was a long time ago now - and since then much more evidence has come to light about this mechanic which of course everyone's theories have changed with each passing day from:

First - the 2005 blog poster was incorrect and the mechanic never existed in the first place

Second - the mechanic did exist but was a bug and removed/nerfed/hotfixed by blizzard prior to patch 1.8

Third - the mechanic did exist on retail, was removed prior to patch 1.8 then reappeared on a ptr server that magically never went live

Fourth - the mechanic was only on the 2.0 TBC pre-patch PTR

Fifth - the mechanic was only just a visual bug once TBC went live till Blizzard removed it in 2.4

TLDR - people have come up with THEORIES - no one has come up with any EVIDENCE

PS @kingRat - I forgot about this piece of the 126 bitmask shade from Duki:

by smilkovpetko » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:54 pm 

Pottu wrote:Well that certainly settles the issue. Following this thread - and this thread only - I thought there was a case either way because CF used data from emulator core. That linked image dump proves that it's from client side. Case closed.

Pottu , the point is that Characters did negate any form of holy resistance brought by Items and Buffs with "All Resistance" , since from 0.7 Patch removed Holy Resistance from Characters . 

I brought this evidence on Nostalrius Bugtracker when Elitistjerks was still active and able to use it.
Sadly Nostalrius Bugtracker was removed the evidence gone with it and Elitistjerks is also offline for that.

There was guy explaining when he use "All Resistance" the API did shown him automatic negate on Holy at the same value as he increased and he was automatically 0 .

Here is the guy from 2006 explaining how it work : 

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Talk:Spell_hit/Archive01

--doogless 14:44, 7 June 2006 (PST)

"Unless those were wrong" indeed, considering one completly disagrees with the other, and all three are made agos ago. Since then anything could have changed.

The command I was thinking of is based on API_UnitResistance, something like /script A,B,C,D = UnitResistance("player",1); SendChatMessage(" "..C); would show your current HR as a number. My findings on this are odd- without MoTW I have 0 HR which would be expected. With the buff it listests a bonus of +20... and my bases is now -20. SO they actually "cheat" to keep your resistance at 0. Buuut, that is a little off this topic 

This is what Darkrasp cannot grasp and other folks here.
I did not went back to history and rewrite that comment from 2006  .

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43506&start=360#p317366

TLDR - I'm not dimishing Cornholi's contribution but to say that he was the only one who found evidence is beyond ignorant and completely destroys any credibility you think you might have when discussing this topic with me or anyone else for that matter...

Again, as JCarillo said above, "are you trolling cuz their mad someone actually put effort, or that their jealous of someone trying to hard?"

4 minutes ago, Theloras said:

Again, as JCarillo said above, "are you trolling cuz their mad someone actually put effort, or that their jealous of someone trying to hard?"

Nope. I'm interested in discussing mechanics and a bit concerned. I must admit, that you guys put effort into it and tried hard, and still. You couldn't find any evidence for this mechanic in late vanilla. When you find that evidence, then let us discuss. Until then, take a break and let it rest.

4 minutes ago, gamemechanic said:

Nope. I'm interested in discussing mechanics and a bit concerned. I must admit, that you guys put effort into it and tried hard, and still. You couldn't find any evidence for this mechanic in late vanilla. When you find that evidence, then let us discuss. Until then, take a break and let it rest.

as you have zero evidence of it being removed

1 hour ago, gamemechanic said:

But my question.... was what do you think they are doing?

your not having a discussion when I read these topics. I see you arguing, trying to disprove something... claiming "no proof!"

so are they making stuff up? So again I ask...

with all that time we put into this and that... what are they doing In your eyes?

that you have left unanswered....

1 hour ago, gamemechanic said:

Nothing wrong with that, but your not discussing...

your claiming no proof, no evidence... that's not discussing, that's arguing and trying to "disprove by having a "dispute" not a discussion.

so my question remains...

what do you think they are doing?

2 hours ago, JCarrill0 said:

Nothing wrong with that, but your not discussing...

your claiming no proof, no evidence... that's not discussing, that's arguing and trying to "disprove by having a "dispute" not a discussion.

so my question remains...

what do you think they are doing?

I'm not sure I'm following you? But you are right, I'm not discussing. I wrote that I want to discuss it, if they have more claims. I have already had several discussions on reddit, discord and in a different thread. Between patch 1.8.0 and 1.12.1 have they only been able to supply one piece of evidence. Its a blogpost describing mana regen from the buggy SoW->Judgement->SoF mechanic.

I will not claim that I know what they are doing and I will not express my thoughts about it.

24 minutes ago, gamemechanic said:

Between patch 1.8.0 and 1.12.1 have they only been able to supply one piece of evidence. Its a blogpost describing mana regen from the buggy SoW->Judgement->SoF mechanic.

cough bullshit cough

and you know it - you are now literally lying through your teeth 

Just now, Theloras said:

cough bullshit cough

and you know it - you are now literally lying through your teeth 

Show us if you have more evidence.