Sign in to follow this  
Greywolf

Is it difficult to be on horde?

Its been a while since I played on nostalrius but im getting the itch for vanilla again, one thing i noticed when checking out the darrowshire pve server was that alliance is 70% of the population and horde is a little over 30%. I remember there being alliance dominating ogrimar even when the ratio was almost balanced so does that happen a lot? Also is it difficult to find groups?

Concerning PvP, there's nothing to worry about. Horde usually gets instant-queuepops for battlegrounds and I've yet to see a sucessfull capital raid by Alliance. Horde has a rather oraganised ranking scene, the only problem is the fairly small PvP-pool on non-AV-weekends.

As for dungeon PvE, I can recommend you joining one of the bigger guilds, there's multiple for every desired progression aswell as some leveling guilds and they often run dungeons internally and just fill out remaining spots with randoms from /world. Also, usually it's easier to host a group yourself and look for people rather than looking for a group - but that's the case for every server I've played on so far.

Horde also has a very active raiding scene with people still clearing MC and slowly progressing through BWL aswell as high-end guilds who farm the content in one raidday. There also are multiple ZG and MC PuGs throughout the week.

Just notice that even the highend guilds are recruiting people for their mainraids due to summerholes and people raidlogging until emerald drakes are released.

the time for the merge is coming and i wonder if elyseum is the right choice...i'have a little 40 shamy on ZK who is looking for a new home... i'm casual because of irl but i used to play in vanilla from 2005 to 2010.Is darrowshire elitist horde side? or can i find a nice place?

Horde has a a few "elite" guilds (using your words here), the rest is fairly layed back and more on the casual side. So I'm sure you could find a place - especially as you are rolling a shaman which is by default a high-demand class for pretty much every guild.

I think it depends a lot on how casual you are playing.

If you just wanna log on do a quick dungeon and log off you may have a better time on the higher populated realms.

Though if you are casual in a "play a couple of hours per day" kind of way, you should have no real issue as long as you join a guild

I hope the admin does something about the imbalance on Darrowshire, because it is really getting worse. It used to be 2:1 ration in favor of Alliance but nowadays it's closer to 3:1.

The Horde population is shrinking and this has a terrible consequences on the AH economy.

Edited by angolmois95
grammar

I don't know what the staff can do about it. Besides shutting down character creation on ally side, on fresh account and for a limited amount of time.

11 hours ago, Dizeliun said:

Horde is ded. Dont go here

By shitposting every single topic on this subject you are now a part of the problem. Gratz.

6 hours ago, Dizeliun said:

I used to give a shit. But when the devs and admins don't care about the wellbeing of their project or are completely ignorant on how to run it then it really makes me not give a flying fuck. They refuse to listen and make poor decisions left and right. I'm in it for the luls now

Care to elaborate?

Well Alliance on a pve server will always be in fav of alliance. Really as long as you have a decently active guild with a decent active friends list you won't have issues. I say go horde and have fun!!

Remember this is a game... so disregard posts like are above me.. just asshats talking.. you will find that alot in wow :D