Omgdontdie

Ironfoe Testing

3 hours ago, femdead said:

yep sunder is fixed, tested it out

works with nightfall as well

Is this confirmed on LIVE as in right now or confirmed on PTR?

It is live since noon - tested it a few hours ago. :)

One quick question, if you would use a macro that cancel's the aura (dwarfish) wouldn't that also delete the 2 additional swings on the next swing?
I mean, I like the procs, but they can be a bit.. annoying when you're in a random group 5man.

9 minutes ago, Agrillos said:

It is live since noon - tested it a few hours ago. :)

One quick question, if you would use a macro that cancel's the aura (dwarfish) wouldn't that also delete the 2 additional swings on the next swing?
I mean, I like the procs, but they can be a bit.. annoying when you're in a random group 5man.

No idea, never bothered to try it. I think the dwarvish is a fun touch:p

it doesn't, i use an addon called "Vanilla Consolidate Buff-Frames" which has an option to automatically remove buffs as soon as they get applied on you (ex. salvation or fury of forgewright), i've been using it to block the dwarf-speak and it hasn't affected my additional swings at all.

correct me if im wrong, but it procs from SA, really harsh to test, but im like 80% confident

2 hours ago, Ixl said:

correct me if im wrong, but it procs from SA, really harsh to test, but im like 80% confident

Supposedly its confirmed to be working now. I have not been able to confirm because cba. Even without SA it'd be better than my other weapons.

They still need to unbreak the Shield Bash and Shield Slam not proccing abilities.  Will give 10 more abilities to proc from per minute increasing it's TPS value.

I read a Burning Crusade comment where he mentioned it double procs the damage of the ability you use, so lets say you bloodthirst crit for 556 and ironfoe procs, it's supposed to be two more 556 but no extra bloodthirst effect. Is this correct in Vanilla or only BC? Also the proc rate is supposed to be higher, how exactly did they nerf it? Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing weapon, but what exactly did they nerf on it?

2 hours ago, riplip said:

I read a Burning Crusade comment where he mentioned it double procs the damage of the ability you use, so lets say you bloodthirst crit for 556 and ironfoe procs, it's supposed to be two more 556 but no extra bloodthirst effect. Is this correct in Vanilla or only BC? Also the proc rate is supposed to be higher, how exactly did they nerf it? Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing weapon, but what exactly did they nerf on it?

It was stupidly high on feenix (20%?), still stupidly highly on Kronos (10%) and it was fixed on Nost/Elysium to 5ish%. It was one of the classic pserver bugs that existed for so long because nobody knew the historical value and just went with mangos procrates. It was waaay too good and became the best weapon deep into Naxx making weapon progression in AQ and BWL -  given you didnt lose your wbuffs - nonexistant. Ironfoe scales really well with worldbuffs.

2 hours ago, riplip said:

51 minutes ago, ismeckye said:

It was stupidly high on feenix (20%?), still stupidly highly on Kronos (10%) and it was fixed on Nost/Elysium to 5ish%. It was one of the classic pserver bugs that existed for so long because nobody knew the historical value and just went with mangos procrates. It was waaay too good and became the best weapon deep into Naxx making weapon progression in AQ and BWL -  given you didnt lose your wbuffs - nonexistant. Ironfoe scales really well with worldbuffs.

The previous evidence for its proc-rate was always inconclusive and with no solid sources. I seem to recall someone found a post with archived proc tests from allhakazams comment sections through the waybackmachine that pointed to a 1PPM (4-5% procrate) which was the base for the fix both on Kronos (which also has this new fixed procrate) and later here on Elysium. Feenix always had it wrong at 10-20% which was REDICULOUSLY powerful. The idea from the WoWhead comments that the proc would clone a previous hit is preposterous and simply does not make sense. They way it was nerfed on retail is that they simply decreased its proc-rate for each lvl ast 60 you where, making it junk at lvl70.

4% proc-rate makes sense because that puts it at EXACTLY 1PPM.

60 seconds / 2.4 weaponspeed = 25 hits in 1 minute

100 percent / 25 hits = 4% proc-rate (1 PPM).

And as always, PPM in vanilla does not include an internal CD, nor is it affected by flurry, haste, instant attacks etc.