Sign in to follow this  
MacFierce

Recommended 3rd party add-ons?

I've never used pfUi or really any add-ons in my time playing WOW. 

I was, however, wondering what you other mages are using.  I'd love to have QOL improvements like programs that show crit %, better organized raid group layouts, etc... 

I'm really new to the concept of applying 3rd party software to the game's interface.  It actually makes me a little nervous, but i think i need to take the leap if i'm going to be serious about playing vanilla. 

PfUi is an amazing replacement of the blizzard UI, it's a complete new UI. I love it, it has great customization overall, and u can deactivate almost everything via the modules section. It takes some time to get used to it but u cant go back once you have learned how to play around with it.

However, you dont NEED add-ons for vanilla raiding, they are good QOL but definetly not needed since boss/fights mechanics are easy to learn.

From my experience, i switched back a lot with ModUI & PfUi untill i took the leap and just customized my entire interface with PfUi. You can do so much with it.

-Bonob'o.

Thanks man.  Gonna take your advice. 

Is it intuitive?  For example, will it wipe out all my macros and will I struggle to make new ones and to bind keys?  From what i gather, it's a different command system to bring up certain things.  It's not terribly clear from the post the creator put out, but it seems like "/macro" is no longer the command for making macros, for example.  Is there a user guide type of thing for it?  I have read most of the posts by its creator over on other websites.  I know he is universally praised for it. 

i believe every normal command works the same way with or without pf. 

You can try it no problem and disable it after without anything changing, besides maybe your chat layout. (you can reset your chat anyway)

I love pfui. It's very customizable and greatly improves QOL. 

I use this exact setup http://bit.ly/2pt1WoV

Follow the instructions listed on here. You basically download everything and replace your wtf folder, rename it etc. Once you do that, you login and bam. Everything is setup and ready to go. 

I've been using this for quite awhile and love it for pve and pvp. 

Start with this, then tweak it to your liking. You may wish to add more addon. Also, it won't erase your macros. 

One of my favorite features is the "hover keybind" option. It allows you to hover over keys and bind them, rather than going into the traditional keying menu. 

Enjoy! 

3 hours ago, Gnomageddon said:

I love pfui. It's very customizable and greatly improves QOL. 

I use this exact setup http://bit.ly/2pt1WoV

Follow the instructions listed on here. You basically download everything and replace your wtf folder, rename it etc. Once you do that, you login and bam. Everything is setup and ready to go. 

I've been using this for quite awhile and love it for pve and pvp. 

Start with this, then tweak it to your liking. You may wish to add more addon. Also, it won't erase your macros. 

I would not recommand using Vashinkt forkd PfUi and will 100% recommand using THIS https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/ which is made by the author of the add-on.

Vashinkt' one wont be up to date every time, he also modifies stuff in the files for whatever reason. 

The current version of PfUi looks exactly like Vashinkt' one, it's almost like he stole Shagu's Work.

On 6/13/2017 at 9:16 AM, Bonob said:

I would not recommand using Vashinkt forkd PfUi and will 100% recommand using THIS https://github.com/shagu/pfUI/ which is made by the author of the add-on.

Vashinkt' one wont be up to date every time, he also modifies stuff in the files for whatever reason. 

The current version of PfUi looks exactly like Vashinkt' one, it's almost like he stole Shagu's Work.

Wait, so what's the difference exactly? The screenshots basically look identical :S

I'll give this one a try though, since MacFierce is using the other one.

Btw, thanks for posting these. This is exactly the type of thing I was looking for.