Sign in to follow this  
Raxanterax

Zeth x-fer

For those that did not log in to talk to the goblin before the server went down. Do we still get to select our realm? I do not want to go to anathema since it's on a different patch. Please let me know what I can do to select my realm. Kind of dumb if you could only select in game, and cannot do so now.

I was out of town, and my friend is over seas so when he gets back he won't be happy either that we can't join our other friends if that's the case. Was fun playing wow again while it lasted...

Play on Anathema or roll a new character on Elysium. The game is fun, no matter your level. If you quit over this, you were going to quit soon anyways. 

Your characters aren't gone, so there is no reason to need to start from scratch. For one, it is a free to play server and you are entitled to nothing. Secondly, the removal of Zeth'Kur is a decision that is best for the community. Third, the public announcement about the server shutdown was done over a month ago, giving people plenty of time to plan. 

Even if you knew about the shutdown but were unfortunately out of town for the 2 week transfer option, I am sorry you were somewhere that does not have internet (maybe you are a saint of a humanitarian traveling to a third world country?) or you don't have any online or RL friends that could log in to your account and complete the quest for you. Life will go on and I am confident that hard work and dedication will pull you out of this slump in due time.

Except I do need to start over to remain playing with my friends, except for one other who is ALSO in the military. He flys overseas every other month which also means he can't play at random. Meaning he's screwed as well. I get that it's free, but it's a lot of wasted hours if you play with friends and can no longer do so without restarting. 

It's unfortunate. Sorry man. Contact me in game on alliance if you can't get your character back. Can lend some help perhaps, if you're alliance. 

14 minutes ago, Raxanterax said:

Except I do need to start over to remain playing with my friends, except for one other who is ALSO in the military. He flys overseas every other month which also means he can't play at random. Meaning he's screwed as well. I get that it's free, but it's a lot of wasted hours if you play with friends and can no longer do so without restarting. 

Well if your friends really wanted to play with you and knew that you would be unavailable to choose your own server, maybe they shouldn't be scumlord friends and ditch you? Maybe you will find new travelers (better than your old ones) and you will become an even greater hero of Azeroth than you were before. 

Kings Honor, friend. 

1 hour ago, Prancinglid said:

Well if your friends really wanted to play with you and knew that you would be unavailable to choose your own server, maybe they shouldn't be scumlord friends and ditch you? Maybe you will find new travelers (better than your old ones) and you will become an even greater hero of Azeroth than you were before. 

Kings Honor, friend. 

Not helpful, but thanks.

12 hours ago, Raxanterax said:

if one of your friends helps you boosting your character through tapleveling you will get it leveled really fast. afterwards there is just the geargrind.

tbh you should have  checked the reddit/website at least once in the past month. if u didnt, it's your fault im afraid, u had plenty of time. Also your friends could have warned you...if they didnt...well it's not the devs fault.

Maybe you should have a little more initiative, don't they try to instill that type of behavior in the Military? You could have given your account info to one of these friends of yours and had them take care of your character xfers. Sorry you didn't think of that.

Don't use condoms, get std.

"Wow is there no way to take it away? I didn't know you could get an std and I don't want it,  a friend of mine is std free so now I cant fool aroubd with him and I dont want that!".

Try prevention before curing. 

You had plenty of time. Unfortunately we cannot please everyone. If you want to play on Elysium, at this point you must roll a new character to do so. As other players pointed out, with friends helping you level, reaching 60 in few days is quite possible.