Sign in to follow this  
TTL

Ironfoe vs. Quel'Serrar

Just curious which is a better tank weapon for threat if anyone has tested/compared them and where would Alcor match vs. these two?

Ironfoe > Quel for threat.  Quel is not a threat weapon, it's a mitigation weapon.

Alcor's is only good for one fight and that is Vael, because you can spam HS at a much higher rate due to the speed of 1.3.  A big deal is made by some about Alcor's but other 1.3 daggers are nearly as good.  Finkle's is only like 5 tps less on Vael by my estimates.

Alcors was toted as the best threat weapon on many servers because the threat generation from dmg taken was incorrect. Instead of receiving rage for dmg taken after mitigation, on Nost and the older servers you received rage based upon what the dmg would have been with no armor. This led to an incredible amount of rage generation which enabled HS on every swing, which made Alcors superior. Now that rage generation has been fixed on Elysium Project and Kronos Alcors is only amazing on vael. IMO Alcors is a waste of money because like Vilius said Finkles is very close. Fang of Venoxis from snake boss in ZG also fulfills that same niche very well.

With that in mind, Ironfoe is amazing when world buffed, but depending on faction and race generally you want Crul from nef, TF, Viskag, or Deathbringer from a threat perspective.

46 minutes ago, Brynja said:

Isn't the fist weapon that drops from Magmadar also a nice alternative to Alcor's for Vael?

Yes it is.

And the green quest reward mace from BRD with 1 hit, like 1.6 or 1.8 speed and 36 DPS?

7 hours ago, Ram said:

And the green quest reward mace from BRD with 1 hit, like 1.6 or 1.8 speed and 36 DPS?

Swiftstrike Cudgel  it's okay but still doesn't compete with a 1.3 speed weapon regardless of the +1 hit.

You'll get 23% more Heroic Strikes with a 1.3 speed over a 1.6 speed, which overcomes the lack of 1% hit on Val.

Okay and in General, how is the +6 daggers dagger from DM West? It also has 1.3 speed.

On 6/23/2017 at 6:32 AM, TTL said:

Just curious which is a better tank weapon for threat if anyone has tested/compared them and where would Alcor match vs. these two?

The Alcors limited use has been explained above,

15 minutes ago, Ram said:

I mean how it is in general for tanking and ofc for vael.

Distracting Dagger is an off hand weapon, so prob not very good to be tanking without a shield on.  Just buy a Julie's Dagger is you don't have another 1.3 speed or Mag Fist weapon and move on from this question.

More detail into Ironfoe from a tank perspective, it provides around an 8% rage generation from damage done for non-humans, putting it in line with a stat-less 56.2 DPS weapon.

If you are human, this weapon will be used over Crul for threat tanking, is equal to Vis'Kag due to the .2 slower speed giving more crusader uptime, and is beaten out by CTS.

Orc:

Crul > Deathbringer > Ironfoe (almost equal to Deathbringer)

Human:

CTS > Vis'Kag > Ironfoe (almost equal to Deathbringer)

Non Human/Orc:

Crul > CTS > Ironfoe

Above is just purely a TPS standpoint to get a good idea of how certain weapons perform from an "overall" (EHP / Mitigation + Avoidance / Threat) standpoint, feel free to check out my Tanks Points thread.  I recently updated with a more accurate proc rate percentage for Quel.

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/22798-tank-points-by-undertanker/

And as a non human is the distracting dagger in oh better than pugio if you wear deaths sting? Just curious about how much DMG those 6 wep skill equal.

15 hours ago, Ram said:

And as a non human is the distracting dagger in oh better than pugio if you wear deaths sting? Just curious about how much DMG those 6 wep skill equal.

This is about tanking.

Comparing QS and IF, QS is better for suitability and IF is better for TPS. For survivability, not sure which is better, Bloodlord's defender or QS, personally I would probably go with Bloodlord's for consistency. IF is BIS for TPS until Thunderfury in a raid setting (not sure where Undertanker got his numbers but I did some basic estimating on my "Ironfoe Testing" post). If you are an orc, Crul might be comparable with the extra weapon skill. Alcor's is a niche weapon used for Vael, but on that specific fight it is a must-have. At the very least you should have a 1.3 dagger (finkle's skinner comes to mind) that lets you spam heroic strike until you can get your hands on one.