shaddoe

Whats going on with the Elysium server

Elysium has gone down and left me and others unable to log in four times over the last three days, and that's when I was playing so it may have been more than that.

I'm a new player so I wonder is this normal for this server or is there some recent issue that has come up with the server or are the servers under some kind of attack?

I really appreciate what the people running these servers have done so I don't want this taken as a complaint, I'm just hoping for some feedback so i know what to expect in the future.

i can't play on elyseum,i can't play my toon from ZK too, the xfer is on going.so i stop playing.i stop loosing my time

@shaddoe I can assure you this is not an occurring thing and has only been happening recently in the past few days. I'm not sure if its the fluxuation of players, stability of the Elysium server or potential DDOS attacks, but 95% of the time the servers are up and never have such issues.

The server usually works stably. I think this is due to the fact that there was a transfer of players and will soon be updated.

I thought the transfers were finished already?

Also, thanks for all the good work you do, Elysium & Co. I love being able to play vanilla :)

DDOS is the only logical explanation for the server crashing everyday during low population hours.

I have a feeling the attacker waits until the system admins to go to bed to maximize damage.

It's pretty embarassing that the server doesn't have an automatic restart, 6 months after release.

2 hours ago, Zenechules said:

@shaddoe I can assure you this is not an occurring thing and has only been happening recently in the past few days. I'm not sure if its the fluxuation of players, stability of the Elysium server or potential DDOS attacks, but 95% of the time the servers are up and never have such issues.

I feel like it's an unintentional ddos from the sudden changes being made. The increase in population.

2 hours ago, zaragik said:

The server usually works stably. I think this is due to the fact that there was a transfer of players and will soon be updated.

i hope your right

[–]JosipbrozElysiumDrug Tito[M] [score caché] il y a 3 heures commentaire épinglé 

Unfortunately, due to this server crash, a sys admin needs to manually restart the emulator, which means that you have to stay patient until a sys admin is available. We're sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards!

6 minutes ago, Ragingducks said:

Almost lunch time and still offline.

*>eat>bitches>game

*drugs

The unintended down-time rarely happens on the server. Remember, this whole thing is being hosted by volunteers so don't expect 100% stability. The state in which the server and the project is currently in is fascinating!

Hehe.  Noticed this yesterday too.  I dinged 17 or 18 on my priest and couldn't spend my talent point.  Tried relogging and no dice. 

Whatever.  It worked the next day and i needed to get to bed regardless.  In some ways i wish this happened every night (force me to sleep).