Sign in to follow this  
Emptora

Why is this a thing? Community Manager privledge abuse

So just wondering? Why is it a thing that community manager's silence chat in discord until "certain actions are taken to bolster a specific guild's stream viewership"?

Today while servers we're down, ! Ash muted general chat in discord until a certain number of people watched a video that is completely irrelevant to anything within the scope of running / managing the Elysium server or project.

I can see silencing a chat channel for certain reasons, but doing it to get chat members to watch a specific stream is stupid.

Why are these people allowed to continually abuse their power in Discord and god knows where else?

8SakU0N.png

I'll suppose that I hit a nerve since my reddit post on the subject was removed.

I'll assume that the same will happen shortly here!

Your Reddit post was removed on the sole fact that it did not abide by our ToS, and was inappropriate for a post on one of our official platforms.

(Jakira's, not Ash's) actions were in good spirit and were not meant to harm or offend anyone. We apologize if our attempts to promote members of our streaming community hit a sore spot, as it certainly was not intended that way. (The chat was only muted for 3 minutes during server downtime, and would've been locked regardless of our "monthly streamer" event.)

17 minutes ago, Emptora said:

Today while servers we're down, ! Ash muted general chat in discord until a certain number of people watched a video that is completely irrelevant to anything within the scope of running / managing the Elysium server or project.

Certainly disagree, we're promoting a member of our community who, as a hobby, promotes our server to the general public. The least we can do is provide the same service back to them. As this is a monthly event, the "Streamer of the month", this is not the first nor the last time we will promote members of our community, regardless of guild or other affiliations.