Sign in to follow this  
Skarmbrena

Maladath, Runed Tank Sword of the Black Flight?

As a human, what's the data/opinions on Maladath as a tank sword? Obviously the focus would be on threat over mitigation. The +4 to swords would be nice for threat, and the 1% to parry doesn't hurt either. What are people's thoughts on this over other weapons available pre-AQ?

I am not sure but I think maladath might be a good option overall now due to our white damage actually meaning alot more 

I would also like hearing other peoples thoughts on this matter

Crul is better. All warriors should get Crul regardless if they tank or not, and all rogues (and human main furies) should get maladath. IF theres still maladaths laying around, or you offtank, then it might be useful for a little.

Especially as a human tank it is NOT worth it.

The basic +5 + 6% hit from gear is the better option, the only abilities that might miss are shield slam and revenge, on alliance it's usually not worth to exceed these values. You could wear maladath as a human when you got almost no hit for more white hit's, but as I said, better get accuria/don julio's/satyr's/t1 hands/wristguards to be covered for both yellow & white hits etc.

Better options would be:
Thunderfury > Ironfoe > Crul

As a human you should leave crul for the other tanks and get if/tf, if you can't get one of those weapons you could use quel/razor-mace/mandokir's. I think that crul might outperform at least quel/razor and definately mandokir's (even as a human). But please correct me if I'm wrong.

In terms of threat, Agrillos is probably right, but 1% parry is nice too. From my experience Mala usually goes to dps first since it is BIS and tanks have other options, but if you already have it its still a great tanking sword.