Sign in to follow this  
Decoy

So about these AVs lately...

I feel like the strategy from Alliance side recently is to just delay the Horde push by playing 100% defense with little/no attempts at offense - what gives?

I hope that everyone realizes that Alterac Valley is a pretty "low honor" battleground, recognizing that you get 0 (zero) honor after you've gotten credit for a kill on someone after the 10th time due to diminishing returns.  http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Honor_system_(pre-2.0_formulas)

You're losing your time, your honor, and your rep rewards by delaying games with the turtle-log-jam-knuckledragging strategy

You guys started it with going backdoor + putting out 5 mages in our path, This is our benevolent resolve and we encourage you to stop using backdoor and play the real game. Backdoor escapists WILL BE PUNISHED! if not by the server, I PERSONALLY WILL EAT YOU ALIVE :D

17 hours ago, Decoy said:

You're losing your time, your honor, and your rep rewards by delaying games with the turtle-log-jam-knuckledragging strategy

They are too stupid to understand this.

Turn ins give like 1 rep per turn in. Actually completing the bg quickly whether win or lose is far more quicker in terms of amassing rep.

Maybe Alliance turtle because Horde go back door which is borderline cheating, even if it is blizzlike (Same as safespotting etc!!) 

Alliance can't effectively win the rush when Horde go back door and put 5 mages on the road into their base, their base is so much easier to defend and harder to attack... Hell, Alliance lose half their force simply to archers along the way since we cant skip any bunkers. They skip SH and the 2 towers in our base entirely! not to mention all the guards on the path. It's ludicrous. Why on Earth can't that back door be patched. It would make it so much more fun and fair.

Flat on your face mental gymnastics. You're complaining about losing which provides less rep than winning (for that purpose). You turtle and get next to no rep for a 2 hr + game. Developmentally disabled trolling. The Horde will continue to press the same way, and you'll continue stalemating to what end? Did a couple today where the Alliance team wasn't terrible and they won by pressing even though the horde was going backdoor.  Don't get me wrong, adjusting the strategy would be fantastic for some of us on Horde as well. I wouldn't mind taking GY's and towers to the end. The fact that collectively Horde players refuse to relent the same strategy in every game is proof enough that butting your head against a wall on either end isn't working. Just race to the end and get your rep. 

On 7.7.2017 at 10:18 PM, adamkm said:

Maybe Alliance turtle because Horde go back door which is borderline cheating, even if it is blizzlike (Same as safespotting etc!!) 

Alliance can't effectively win the rush when Horde go back door and put 5 mages on the road into their base, their base is so much easier to defend and harder to attack... Hell, Alliance lose half their force simply to archers along the way since we cant skip any bunkers. They skip SH and the 2 towers in our base entirely! not to mention all the guards on the path. It's ludicrous. Why on Earth can't that back door be patched. It would make it so much more fun and fair.

sarcasm or the most clueless guy in history?! i dont really know

7 hours ago, gambinho said:

sarcasm or the most clueless guy in history?! i dont really know

Yeah. You're just the most clueless guy in history. 

As the guy above said, he saw Alliance win just 7 times. 

There's a reason why Nost fixed that backdoor on their servers. 

6 hours ago, adamkm said:

Yeah. You're just the most clueless guy in history. 

As the guy above said, he saw Alliance win just 7 times. 

There's a reason why Nost fixed that backdoor on their servers. 

Alliance chose to defend / turtle instead of trying to win. It is easier for Alliance to win, they can get double tower + the gy much easier compared to horde.The double tower makes all the difference in the rush.

5 hours ago, Dunkz said:

It is easier for Alliance to win

15 hours ago, Dunkz said:

Exalted now. I saw Alliance win 7 times total.

somehow i dont see any logic here.

@flowqz because you didnt quote

7 hours ago, Dunkz said:

Alliance chose to defend / turtle instead of trying to win.

1-2 defenders can fuck up any backdoor attempt easily

alliance does that bc horde often prefers to defend any rush attempts, resulting in turtle games, while your rush also should be way easier to pull off, hence your route is way easier.

i rather lose in 15mins to horde instead of playing 3h games, which benefit noone. great job on your side pulling these games of from time to time, lowering the repgain of both factions.

8 hours ago, flowqz said:

somehow i dont see any logic here.

Alliance are legit just too stupid to win. It is as simple as that. Like I stated before it is easier for them to win the base rush but they choose to miserably fail at defense instead with 0 offense.

5 hours ago, gambinho said:

@flowqz because you didnt quote

1-2 defenders can fuck up any backdoor attempt easily

If it was only 1-2 sure, that would make sense. But its like 5-10 mid field, 5 at aids, 5-10 running around not useful anywhere and the rest at IWB. This is why I won nearly every game and would go on 10 game win streaks.

I still had to afk out of stalled AV's that were going on for hours and still in mid field with 0 objectives taken.

I doubt it's the case of "Alliance are legit just too stupid to win. It is as simple as that".  Through 100s of games with pugs I have around a 65% win rate in WSG, 60% in AB and 33% in AV through about 25 games.  

I suspect there is an = amount of idiots on both sides and that the win % descrepency is from some other issue.

19 minutes ago, Hurricane2 said:

I doubt it's the case of "Alliance are legit just too stupid to win. It is as simple as that".  Through 100s of games with pugs I have around a 65% win rate in WSG, 60% in AB and 33% in AV through about 25 games.  

I suspect there is an = amount of idiots on both sides and that the win % descrepency is from some other issue.

If both teams put out equal offense with a few people on defense, Alliance will win 9/10 games because of how much easier it is for them to take both of hordes towers at their gy and defend their towers at aids. Fact. Alliance are just bad from my experience with their turtle strat trying to make 10 gold an hour.

1 hour ago, Dunkz said:

Alliance are legit just too stupid to win. It is as simple as that. Like I stated before it is easier for them to win the base rush but they choose to miserably fail at defense instead with 0 offense.

LOL

That's it, you nailed it. Alliance are all too stupid. Forget the fact that the other BG's are mostly Alliance victories, they're just too stupid, as a collective, to win in AV. Nothing at all to do with horde getting into the Alliance base is just so much easier.

If only Alliance had you on their team to up their, lower than average, IQ. They'd be able to win 95% of games, maybe more!

You talk as if it's some kind of bad, stupid person, game plan agreed in advance by all Alliance. "Hey guys, 5 go middle and wander around, 2 goto SH, 6 goto aid, 10 goto mines, rest do whatever and we have this in the bag!"

The fact is, it's EASIER to attack the Alliance base and gather in it. How can you not see that? are you stupid?

As Alliance you can't even get to the Horde base unless you're part of a 25 man rush group or the towers are gone. As Horde you rush forward, any stragglers can get into the base ON THEIR OWN! because you bypass 3 out of 4 towers.

Once the initial Alliance rush gets nuked in by the towers you're screwed. Out of 25 people it's lucky if 10 make it to the destination, then you have to pray those 15 killed on route isn't your tank/healers! 

There's a reason why the NOST team patched that backdoor entrance. Because it's basically cheating and bypassing the whole base mechanics!! It wasn't there by design!