Sign in to follow this  
Shayss

Herb spawn rate.

This was addressed previously and herb spawn rates where increased to accomodate the ever growing population.

Since the AV patch however the herb spawn rates have reverted back to an abysmal respawn. This is particularly strange, especially since the merge now sees Elysium hitting the 8k-8.5k players base on weekends.

If this was intentional, i shudder to think what we are gona be paying for our consumables a few months down the line and if it was an accidental addition to the patch being implemented I suggest re-implementing the herb change again so people can play the game as they are meant to.

Thank you.

That's part of the reason that they are implementing the BWL patch so quickly. The AV patch is very unstable and there's no quick fix for a couple of issues from what I've gleamed, meanwhile the BWL patch is proven to be stable.

7 hours ago, Haestingas said:

That's part of the reason that they are implementing the BWL patch so quickly. The AV patch is very unstable and there's no quick fix for a couple of issues from what I've gleamed, meanwhile the BWL patch is proven to be stable.

Are you sure the BWL patch includes the fix to herb spawn rate? I would only assume this should incorporate mine veins and the like as well, because the consumable prices are currently at a very high level and only tend to increase..

Have u implemented the increased herb spawns Elysium?

It doesn't feel like it at all.

2 hours of farm - 1 and a half stack of plaguebloom.

This is not acceptable for a server of this size.

Please consider implementing your fast respawn mechanics again.

Edited by Shayss
** edit - the prices on AH are also going up and up since the herb spawnrate has not changed. Please consider fixing this before things become too dire. I don't want to play on a server that has an economy like Anathema...

On Anathema before the herb respawn fix a few months ago. Dreamfoil was at 50g+ a stack and that is where it is heading again unless the faster respawns are implemented again

On 29.7.2017 at 11:30 AM, Shayss said:

Have u implemented the increased herb spawns Elysium?

It doesn't feel like it at all.

2 hours of farm - 1 and a half stack of plaguebloom.

This is not acceptable for a server of this size.

Please consider implementing your fast respawn mechanics again.

lotusspawn is fucked up atm. there is already a post on gitub for this.

dreamfoil and mountain silversage seems to spawn fine for me, couple of stacks in 2h, despite skipping most to search for lotus.

This is already being addressed and handled. The devs are aware of the situation and will look to resolve it as quickly as possible.

On 02/08/2017 at 2:16 AM, Jakira said:

This is already being addressed and handled. The devs are aware of the situation and will look to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Thank you. The sooner the better, it's getting really rought out there.

Edited by Shayss
As it stands we need atleast a x2 (minimum) faster respawn. Doing a lap of Winterspring and not getting a single Ice Cap is not acceptable.

On 09/08/2017 at 4:58 PM, Banezilla said:

Spawn rates should be plentiful, just not so much the market gets flooded and devalues the item.

The problem is that the price is rising. Low level herbs and dreamfoil are plentiful, but whats the point when Plaguebloom and Icecap are so slow to respawn. I realise that Icecap is something u can farm in AV but that doesn't magically fix plaguebloom. I've done up to 3 laps in EPL and not found a single Plaguebloom. Same for Icecap in winterspring. The respawn was adjusted previously to accomodate the server pop. Since the AV patch it's been reverted again.

This needs changing asap.

I mean surely this is simply a case of changing the respawn value (timer) for the herbs.  2/3 times normal server size, so half spawn time or atleast reduce by 1/3rd.

It cannot be that i can do multiple laps in EPL and get 1 or NO plaguebloom spawns.

Have the elysium team lost devs? Cause we need this to be fixed asap. I can't imagine its hard to change. You have done this before after all.

The newest patch fixed a few broken nodes but the spawn rate has still not been changed to accomodate the server pop. Please address this.

In vanilla we had servers of about 3500 to 5000 people which of most of us would play on a empty server with only about 1000 to 2000.
The thing with this is that we had in that time about 4 times as much herbs to collect compared to the 7400 people we see here at peak hours.
Mining but especially herbing is an important part to the game, as stated to because the demand will rise and the supply will remain the same prices go sky rocket.
What I find weird however is that skinning has this already because the mob spawn rates are nothing like retail vanilla it had.
With that in mind u can't say this prof gets it but that one doesn't, It is already crazy enough that it takes hours to get a single stack for some heal pots.

2 hours ago, Ironsides said:

you don't need flasks for every raider to clear current content

but muh realmplayers

9 hours ago, Ironsides said:

you don't need flasks for every raider to clear current content

"NEED" in which way?

Exactly, no you don't need anything, you don't need gear either but it does help a lot!!!
So again still the same problem with no solution, why u think skinning is trash? cus the mob spawn rates are like x5/x10...
And compare that to herbing where u pay 5g for a stack which would sell for about 30s on nost, are you joking me with that?!? it seems like it.

11 hours ago, Vynia said:

"NEED" in which way?

Exactly, no you don't need anything, you don't need gear either but it does help a lot!!!
So again still the same problem with no solution, why u think skinning is trash? cus the mob spawn rates are like x5/x10...
And compare that to herbing where u pay 5g for a stack which would sell for about 30s on nost, are you joking me with that?!? it seems like it.

Really all you need to clear BWL is preraid BiS except on your MT/2nd/3rd Tanks. People flasking en masse for this content only became a thing when realmplayers came out. Realmplayers is the thing driving the autistic levels of preraid prep like world buffs, consumable stacking (lmao hunters using ud strat scrolls/jujus on their pets), and flasks for every player for every raid. With however 100+ guilds are raiding, this is obviously going to dry destroy the availability of herbs on the AH because there arent enough herbalists/herbs to satisfy the amount of people using those consumables. Supply/demand.

Try doing a dry run, it's really not hard. The most you'll end up using is some superior/major mana potions and maybe a flask on the MT

16 hours ago, Ironsides said:

Really all you need to clear BWL is preraid BiS except on your MT/2nd/3rd Tanks. People flasking en masse for this content only became a thing when realmplayers came out. Realmplayers is the thing driving the autistic levels of preraid prep like world buffs, consumable stacking (lmao hunters using ud strat scrolls/jujus on their pets), and flasks for every player for every raid. With however 100+ guilds are raiding, this is obviously going to dry destroy the availability of herbs on the AH because there arent enough herbalists/herbs to satisfy the amount of people using those consumables. Supply/demand.

Try doing a dry run, it's really not hard. The most you'll end up using is some superior/major mana potions and maybe a flask on the MT

But there is where u go wrong, the majority doesn't give a .... about end game.
There are only a small minority of the pots which are really in use by raiders but everything else is being used by everyone everywhere at any time.
For example take you hp pots, take the rage pots or the swiftness pots, all not needed but especially in pvp turn the tie.
As said already at me other post how do you define needed? because no we don't need anything but life gets much easier with it.
Now to say that this is the blame of us because we us to many pots made me laugh hard, no it is the blame of the devs.
The devs who knew how many people we would get since they already experienced it at the beginning of 2017...
But instead it seems like they forgot about it and the server is just trash with the prices.

And even in the last update they /shrug at this problem.

Don't blame the player, blame the game...

Hey guys this isn't something that needs debating. They changed it once before, acknowledging that the server needs a higher supply to meet the demand due to population size.  Then after the AV patch it was reverted.

All i'm putting out there is that it needs to be changed to the faster spawn rates again. It is not acceptable to do a lap around Winterspring and only get 1-2 nodes if ur lucky.

On 27/08/2017 at 1:12 PM, sbtv said:

Yep, really not getting much at all. The spawns are still pretty bad, and they need to be changed so that the economy can remain intact. Please fix ASAP!

Still no change to plagueblooms or icecaps. THANKS GOD IT'S AV WEEKEND SO MAYBE WE CAN GET SOME ICECAPS...

its impossible to get any decent amount of herbs outside of av weekends for icecaps

and plagueblooms don't have av

we are running 3x the server pop - herb spawns should be x3 or more as well