Sign in to follow this  
mbd

Anathema's only population fix

7 minutes ago, indi said:

Reading the rest of this guy's posts makes me think he is simply a retard. Glad he isn't on staff anymore, that kind of thinking is why the realms got to this situation in the first place.

No, your kind of thinking is what creates these problems. Self absorbed, self interested, and self centred. Stop and think about things from other perspectives and you'll realise just exactly what an ass you were.

3 minutes ago, indi said:

Yes, me using hard data and showing clear negative population trends the predating ANY world chat shitposting by MONTHS was clearly "pollution". Once again, glad to know you aren't on staff because morons like you are the reason why the servers ever got to that state.

Yes there were negative trends, but while the project and staff were trying to improve the server and encourage players to play there, you were busy tearing it down and demanding a merger. The servers don't exist just to cater to you Indi, there are thousands of players on every realm and they all have a right to enjoy playing how they want to play. You never understood this, or if you did, you never particularly cared. You are, and always have been about YOU first, and fuck every one else second. 

And more than this, not only do players have a right to enjoy playing how they want to play, where they want to play, they have a right to do it in relative peace absent this kind of toxic behaviour.

6 minutes ago, Stodola said:

No, your kind of thinking is what creates these problems. Self absorbed, self interested, and self centred. Stop and think about things from other perspectives and you'll realise just exactly what an ass you were.

My kind of "thinking" is based on logic, the server was hemorrhaging players at an irrecoverable rate, I presented the data and argued for a solution (server merge) which is what ended up occurring.

I was more organized, I had facts, and good arguments that helped influence the decision. People liked to cry or put blame on me, but in the end it was a good choice by the staff and Zeth's transfer to Elysium actually increased the servers population despite claims from people like you saying majority would quit if the servers got merged.

Dismissing me and using anecdotal insults to divert reality is laughable, we won and now smarter men than me are doing the same on Anathema because they are passionate about the server.

Zeth'Kur lost over 60% of its population by March with 14-15% net loss trends being the average all the way into May. The server was doomed regardless of your personal opinion on me. I simply marshal'd the resources and the community into listening to us.

So, imagine a new guy decides to play vanilla wow and chose as his first server anathema or darrowshire. This same guy spend 3 or 4 days leveling by himself, without bumping into any other player outside orgrimmar or ironforge, after a while he makes the decision of leaving the server and rolling on Elysium, because lets be honest, being in a super overcrowded server kinda sucks, but it's still WAY BETTER than having your 1-60 experience feel like a single player game.

As far as this game goes, people come and go all the time, but when you don't have anyone new joining the server, it's just a matter of time until the population shrinks like a testicle of a weightlifter on steroids. Releasing new content might bring back some of the server veterans that quit somewhere along the way, but the core issue still remains.

I can't see any way of reversing this trend without any kind of character transfer. I've seen a lot of people on Elysium complaining about the queue times and server delay. Instead of offering them a way to transfer out of Elysium, which is way less aggravating than a server merge, they just decided to raise the population cap and ask for donations for hardware upgrades, funneling all the population even more into the Elysium realm.

6 minutes ago, Stodola said:

Yes there were negative trends, but while the project and staff were trying to improve the server and encourage players to play there, you were busy tearing it down and demanding a merger. The servers don't exist just to cater to you Indi, there are thousands of players on every realm and they all have a right to enjoy playing how they want to play. You never understood this, or if you did, you never particularly cared. You are, and always have been about YOU first, and fuck every one else second. 

And more than this, not only do players have a right to enjoy playing how they want to play, where they want to play, they have a right to do it in relative peace absent this kind of toxic behaviour.

wtf i hate indi too!! ban this guy!! he killed zeth kur, the best server i ever played on!!!!

1 minute ago, Zarant said:

You actually just reflected on what I believe is the primary issue at hand which is the "community" zergs from one project to another to try and chase the ever illusive feeling that Nost gave us when we saw thousands of people online at any time.

New comers to the project are obviously going to roll on the fresher, more populated server over the old and geriatric ones. Once you've created a monster like the Elysium realm is, it'll slowly eat away at the other smaller satellite realms like it did with Zeth'Kur, and now Anathema.

14 minutes ago, Stodola said:

No, I think about 150-200ish players are unhappy with the population. Primarily NA, and primarily ex-Nost, though obviously there will be some bleed-over into other demographics. If you look at just NA timezone, that might seem significant (though still a minority) given peaks push 800-1k, but if you look at active population as a whole, which is roughly 2500, it's a absolute minority of the population. 

How do you know this?  Do you play on Anathema?  Have you spoken to Anathema players?  If so how many?

I presented the data and argued for a solution (server merge) which is what ended up occuring.

You didn't just argue for a solution, you demanded it in every single post and thread where it conceivably could get noticed. You hijacked other player's important posts to promote that agenda. You spewed it repeatedly all over the world chat on the server. You engaged in a concerted campaign to force the merger. This is not something that just happened with a neutral open discussion, you literally created one of the most toxic playing environments in any private WoW server community, and whether that was intentional or by-product, it IS what ultimately killed the server. There were still well over 1.5k active players on Zeth, when we made the decision to merge it. These are facts you never cared about, because you only have one perspective - and fuck anyone who disagrees. 

And now, you want the same thing to happen to Anathema and it's players, because fuck them too, right? Yes, we should merge 2500 players for the sake of a couple of hundred. And if we don't, make it so intolerably toxic that the bulk of those 2500 either quit playing or re-roll on another server. That way, you don't have to. 

Just now, Stodola said:

You didn't just argue for a solution, you demanded it in every single post and thread where it conceivably could get noticed. You hijacked other player's important posts to promote that agenda. You spewed it repeatedly all over the world chat on the server. You engaged in a concerted campaign to force the merger. This is not something that just happened with a neutral open discussion, you literally created one of the most toxic playing environments in any private WoW server community, and whether that was intentional or by-product, it IS what ultimately killed the server. There were still well over 1.5k active players on Zeth, when we made the decision to merge it. These are facts you never cared about, because you only have one perspective - and fuck anyone who disagrees. 

And now, you want the same thing to happen to Anathema and it's players, because fuck them too, right? Yes, we should merge 2500 players for the sake of a couple of hundred. And if we don't, make it so intolerably toxic that the bulk of those 2500 either quit playing or re-roll on another server. That way, you don't have to. 

wait Anathema is dying too now? wow.... this can't be happening......... 2500 players now really?? 

I can't see any way of reversing this trend without any kind of character transfer. I've seen a lot of people on Elysium complaining about the queue times and server delay. Instead of offering them a way to transfer out of Elysium, which is way less aggravating than a server merge, they just decided to raise the population cap and ask for donations for hardware upgrades, funneling all the population even more into the Elysium realm.

I actually agree with this. I believe that a good intermediate solution would be to allow one-way transfers from Elysium to Anathema, and to re-lower the server cap on Elysium to stable/low latency levels. The only question is how many players would take advantage of it. Of course this is a bit of development work, but it's a lot less work than a full server merger between realms on different patch levels and with vastly different gearing and bank status.

The merge was a mistake, simple as that, having a low pop is fine, if you want to bandwagen and  join whatever is most high up then do that, but atleast have the balls to reroll instead of some stupid merge

People who played on Zethkur have an adventage over Elysium players, easier to farm stuff and resell on Elysium after merge, very stupid decision imo.

want to increase population on anathema?

go back and fix all the crap still broken with AQ/ZG etc.

also undo those custom retarded changes made to onyxia making it not even blizzlike at all.

the biggest hemorrhage that was dealt to anathema was the botched war effort and event.

the fact that you had over 40 guilds ready to farm bugs and contribute with eachother for the scepter quest only to be cut down by custom changes, rushing unfinished content, and ofcourse the best part, killing community in the game over a fucking special snowflake mount that doesn't fucking matter or change the game in anyway.

well i bet that fucking snowflake mount surely is worth keeping on a dead server now isn't it? (best logic 2017) rather than its community of players.

the only way to get anathema back on track is to delete elysium and have 1 server progress all the way into TBC.

you cannot have 2 "seasons" or ladders running at once at different patch levels. the fact that you released elysium when anathema didnt even have AQ out was sad to begin with. you shouldve continued where Anathema left off with everything opened from MC-BWL- ZG and others. and boost Darrowshire's patch progression up to 1.8.

you're essentially running 3 diablo 3 seasons at once.. 3 diablo 2 ladders at once, 3 path of exile leagues at once without letting the first one finish before you start another.  (a better context for people to understand).

why would anyone continue on anathema to see a botched naxxramas as the "beta test" realm, washing down the feeling of accomplishment and even nostalgia.  what fun would it be to kill a broken boss, with broken trash that are missing half their abilities etc? its not fun and its the quickest way to turn players away from the game.

as of right now, the only way to get a better experience (from MC/ony/bwl/zg/AQ) is to reroll on elysium to experience a non shitshow experience since it already occurred on anathema and was fixed.

people playing on anathema currently should just accept that they are the beta testers for Elysium so content isnt complete dog poo when it comes out a year or 2 later for their golden child Elysium server.

if that isnt for you, you should just do what many other guilds have done.. reroll to elysium and have community again, or quit playing all together instead of soiling your experience by being a professional beta tester on a forgotten, dead realm.

the truth hurts and the fallout is elysium's problem to deal with.. best bet is to just get naxx out, fix it, then delete anathema/darrowshire and just be 1 realm. cut the cancer off before it infects the rest of the project. A lesson learned is to never open more than 1 realm on different patch cycles without a battlegroup system in place to allow pvpers/community to still occur.  (see patch 1.12 for battlegroup implementation to solve low pop realms pvp scene without hindering pve at all... also on same patch progression as well.. learn from blizzard)

right now, the only way to experience a not shit AQ event would be rolling on elysium with 9k people... like Anathema/Nost would've had without the shenanigans going down. and hopefully not another round of custom snowflakey mount being shoved down the player's throats.

4 minutes ago, Stodola said:

There was no other "solution" and the staff couldn't come up with one either, so they went with the best choice, a server merge.

The data never lied, and the server was past the point of recovery by the time we started to organize. There wasn't "1.5k" either, the server was still hemorrhaging 14-15% weekly which isn't sustainable. Clearly you never put much thought or even research into the realm you're so energetically crying about if you didn't know that.

Glad whiny betas like you are off staff, we need more alpha bulls like Jakira who put people like you who are all about "muh feel feels" in their place and respect evidence and logical arguments like I brought to the table.

1 minute ago, Pendragon said:

wait Anathema is dying too now? wow.... this can't be happening......... 2500 players now really?? 

Well, 2500 currently active players. The actual population is closer to 6-7k, but most of them are raid loggers or offline pending Naxx.

Just now, Gropy said:

The merge was a mistake, simple as that, having a low pop is fine, if you want to bandwagen and  join whatever is most high up then do that, but atleast have the balls to reroll instead of some stupid merge

People who played on Zethkur have an adventage over Elysium players, easier to farm stuff and resell on Elysium after merge, very stupid decision imo.

if people wanted to play on a low pop server that's fine. but the majority of us didnt ask to play on 500 population server

1 minute ago, Pendragon said:

if people wanted to play on a low pop server that's fine. but the majority of us didnt ask to play on 500 population server

Then reroll to Elysium? Your decision was made when you created your character, when a server is dying you dont beg and cry about being able to transfer to another, you took a chance when making your character.

1 minute ago, Gropy said:

Then reroll to Elysium? Your decision was made when you created your character, when a server is dying you dont beg and cry about being able to transfer to another, you took a chance when making your character.

I'm gonna ban u from discord kid if you dont stop trolling Penny

Just now, Gropy said:

most of us did actually. We didnt actually think they would merge tbh. 

CRASHING THE ELYSIUM DEVILSAUR MAFIA WITH NO SURVIVORS

1 minute ago, Gropy said:

Unfortunately those who want to blurt on about betas and alphas, don't actually have the balls and integrity. Indi was never about population, he could have re-rolled at any time, as could anyone who was unhappy with the population. The fact is, he didn't want to give up his gears and characters to do it. I mean, yes, players put a lot of effort, time, and dedication into their characters, and it sucks to give them up - but that doesn't entitle you to take them with you where ever you go. 

2 minutes ago, Stodola said:

Unfortunately those who want to blurt on about betas and alphas, don't actually have the balls and integrity. Indi was never about population, he could have re-rolled at any time, as could anyone who was unhappy with the population. The fact is, he didn't want to give up his gears and characters to do it. I mean, yes, players put a lot of effort, time, and dedication into their characters, and it sucks to give them up - but that doesn't entitle you to take them with you where ever you go. 

Ya I understand his decision, but as someone playing on every new hype private server and even rerolling retail courple of times, Ive learnt to "lose" characters, just like in real life, nothing last forever, enjoy shit while you can.

Locking this thread, as it has now devolved into flaming and trolling. We are constantly looking at the population across all servers and looking towards long term solutions.

Thank you for your feedback.

Jakira