Sign in to follow this  
Boodk

Why is Multiboxing banned for PVE instancing?

I want to show wow to my daughter and we are not 5 players. I want her to get inspired for both game development and reading. If all we do is outside quests it will grow boring. If we team up with other people they will be pissed that she doesnt play well. I dont want to pay blizzard as they are assholes.

We would ofc contribute to the hardware burden of the servers.

So what I am asking why not allow toon 4 multiboxing. I am sure others with kids have the same problems. 

(I totally agree that PVP with multiple toons should be bannable offence!)

yes! I have a daughter who likes games. I think it would be a great idea to teach her to play. 

Tell this exact story in /world and you might find some kind people who would be happy to help out.

Multiboxing is forbidden because its against the spirit of the game: Playing with other people. If you want to show her the spirit of a singleplayer game, show her Gothic2 or really good RPGs.

well first of all I know wow since beta up until pandas thats when I finished. Our guild was one of the first to raid Molten Core on our server. Other game is not an option as I have no time to learn it myself. I guess Ill try to get your open source server to run to do it that way. Thanks for posting quickly

Teach your daughter how to play on your own character tbh. Just buy some backup gear (low level whites from vendors) and let her go at it, I honestly don't know how Ely deals with same household players

You're trying to show a game to a child that is far too complicated for them. Buy her a Nintendo DS and get mario kart on it. Or put her on retail. I think it's been dumbed down enough for toddlers at this point.

16 minutes ago, Toradh said:

Yes cause pressing 1 over and over with the occasional 2 is so difficult...

Not everyone plays Hunter.

On 7/24/2017 at 3:47 PM, Drain said:

You're trying to show a game to a child that is far too complicated for them. Buy her a Nintendo DS and get mario kart on it. Or put her on retail. I think it's been dumbed down enough for toddlers at this point.

I know a number of Ely players who started at very young ages in retail vanilla (think 6 and 8 years old) playing with their parents. Some even got to go into raids as buff bots. Kids are surprisingly competent at things they get interested in.

On 7/24/2017 at 1:55 AM, Boodk said:

I want to show wow to my daughter and we are not 5 players.

I think there is a misunderstanding here. Do you want her to play with you - in which case she would need her own computer and client anyway, and is permitted under ToS - or do you want to show her, in which case, why would you need to multibox? 

If we team up with other people they will be pissed that she doesnt play well

Depends on the group. Tonnes of players would be happy to cater to a younger player who is having fun in the game. Might even give her extra loot. If you're talking AQ20/40 that's a different thing, but for Deadmines and stuff, if she can follow basic directions, I doubt players are going to get too irate at her.

On 23.7.2017 at 7:11 PM, ismeckye said:

Tell this exact story in /world and you might find some kind people who would be happy to help out.

Multiboxing is forbidden because its against the spirit of the game: Playing with other people. If you want to show her the spirit of a singleplayer game, show her Gothic2 or really good RPGs.

Multiboxing is a huge word. I do not see the Problem boosting my own Char threw an instance. We did this since retail vanilla. Blizzard do not ever care.

On top, what is multiboxing? The interpretation is bullshit as fuck.

My Wife and myselfe got ported to the GM Room and warned cuz of multiboxing. She sticked to my char while we cross TB on our way to AQ40. I mean WTF, r u serious? 

You simply have to see it through the GMs point of view. You have a shitload of people who would exploit such things. A goldseller getting a warrior + shaman to make 100g/hour in DM:E jump runs?

10 mages farming Silithus elites by themselves on Kronos. Ive seen a video where he just tabbed through all clients to cast fireball and one frostbolt. The mobs died incredibly fast and he did shitloads of gold.

Blizzard didnt care because they got $$ by multiple accounts. A private server doenst have this concern. Either they have a bigger playerbase and get more donations to run their hardware OR they have a smaller playerbase but dont need as much hardware.

The game is meant to be played with other people, it's and MMORPG. You can solo stuff you can... solo. As soon as you want to do group content, do what the game is presenting as a solution: group up.

The problem with your wife is that the GMs cant check because you play from one household.

On ‎23‎-‎7‎-‎2017 at 6:23 PM, Boodk said:

yes! I have a daughter who likes games. I think it would be a great idea to teach her to play. 

It's a 12+ rated game. There is no need to support players below that age treshold.

1 hour ago, ismeckye said:

You simply have to see it through the GMs point of view. You have a shitload of people who would exploit such things. A goldseller getting a warrior + shaman to make 100g/hour in DM:E jump runs?

10 mages farming Silithus elites by themselves on Kronos. Ive seen a video where he just tabbed through all clients to cast fireball and one frostbolt. The mobs died incredibly fast and he did shitloads of gold.

Blizzard didnt care because they got $$ by multiple accounts. A private server doenst have this concern. Either they have a bigger playerbase and get more donations to run their hardware OR they have a smaller playerbase but dont need as much hardware.

The game is meant to be played with other people, it's and MMORPG. You can solo stuff you can... solo. As soon as you want to do group content, do what the game is presenting as a solution: group up.

The problem with your wife is that the GMs cant check because you play from one household.

I understand why multiboxing isn`t allowed an this server but that dosent mean, i like it And to be honest, this "been sticky thing" was a huge prob 4 us and one of the reasons why i do not want 2 play on this server anymore.

The permanent worry of beeing banned for lulZ reasons killed our motivaton. 

[qoute]The game is meant to be played with other people, it's and MMORPG[/qoute]

i copy that. But sometimes, their is no time to group up and wait till the last ppl feels good to move  to the instance.

We had so many rdm runs, where we wait 4 ages only to play beside pla^yers who are bad as fuck and wasted our time.

Well, thats part of the MMORPG experience. Tough luck and blacklist people who annoy you. Every couple runs I add people who stood out and now they ask ME to come along to do dungeons because I made an impression. If you cant dedicate enough time for a dungeon run, then you might as well farm for a bit or go fishing.

It's not the problem of the developer (whether its Blizzard or now Elysium) to cater to people who dont have enough time to play. If you only have 1 1/4 hours sometimes on weekdays, then you might as well not play a dungeon run this day and chain run on days where you can run 6 hours straight.

Or play a singeplayer game or co-op game with your wife on days where there is no time for YOU.

There are many different things you can do when you have no time to play.

I play on this server because multibox are bannable here.

Its annoying, when you see 5+ chars 1-shot any mob or player.

All multiboxers have superiority over other players and this destroys the gameplay for the vast majority of players.

The solution to the OP problem is quite simply, install a local copy of the Elysium server and please SET GM permissions to your daughters account so they can tune up their skills on your local server, then and only if you feel they are prepared play on the live realms...

2 hours ago, Marcelo20XX said:

The solution to the OP problem is quite simply, install a local copy of the Elysium server and please SET GM permissions to your daughters account so they can tune up their skills on your local server, then and only if you feel they are prepared play on the live realms...

Pretty good idea.

Opinions here on multiboxing are funny to say the least. (MUST participate in spirit of the game... alt tabbing through clients... lol). Staff doesn't fall far behind if families/friends playing from one IP are sanctioned for that.

Solid fact is that contemporary PCs can run so many accounts that such players could easily choke the server.

Boodk, solution from Marcelo20XX is right for you. I recommend however to try other version of WoW, e.g. WotLK onwards where you are able to orchestrate all classes in one group (interact with target feature). There are even servers without m-boxing sanctions.

40 minutes ago, BogyOne said:

Opinions here on multiboxing are funny to say the least. (MUST participate in spirit of the game... alt tabbing through clients... lol). Staff doesn't fall far behind if families/friends playing from one IP are sanctioned for that.

People playing from the same IP only get sanctioned if you cant tell them apart anymore. If you have your spouse be on follow 1 hour per gaming session, it might as well be yourself putting your own char on follow. Dont be lazy, travel yourself, problem fixed.

Did you know that on this server a drinking bird (the little toy that goes up and down) is considered botting? Alt tabbing is very much multiboxing, even though you dont use a 3rd party program. Having a slight spelldelay isnt too bad considering rotations are so simple, you only have to write some assistmacros for your 2nd to 10th mage/WL/insert-ranged-here to assist your maintoon on hitting the target.

On 7/23/2017 at 11:50 AM, Boodk said:

well first of all I know wow since beta up until pandas thats when I finished. Our guild was one of the first to raid Molten Core on our server. Other game is not an option as I have no time to learn it myself. I guess Ill try to get your open source server to run to do it that way. Thanks for posting quickly

If only you knew English past dipshits.

On 7/23/2017 at 11:55 AM, Boodk said:

I want to show wow to my daughter and we are not 5 players. If we team up with other people they will be pissed that she doesnt play well.

Obviously, you need to have more kids. Make you own 5-man group! Invite your whole family and make a guild!

Looks like only the Original Poster here is serious, while the rest are absolute shithead trolls.

Now I direct my post to OP, Blizzard did allow Multiboxing but unlike what every knucklehead on the forums will blabber *They allowed it for money*

The actual revenue they would get from multiboxing accounts would be relatively low as to give any SORT of boost to their Income, meaning, that only a FEW players commit to it, just take a look at any major population in any zone in any expansion of Warcraft, not just Blizzard, and take a look for yourself, with that being said, Elysium clearly are in the wrong for not FOLLOWING the same policies that Blizzard used for the original, Vanilla expansion that they right now are hosting, you might as well call it hypocrisy as they implement their OWN policies and give it to the Players under the pretense of *Classic Experience*.

As for the Hardware, as already been stated, the server, which is privately hosted is getting enough donations from players who enjoy this game regardless of what part they enjoy *INCLUDING Multiboxing*, And with the population ranging between 4000~7000 with hardware able to endure over 12,000 players you can easily tell that there's next to no pressure, that's IF (and that's a big IF) half this population are multiboxers which is clearly false.

The only next pathetic argument I read is about economy, that could only fall under Multiboxing In PVP, other than that, the Economy is affected by the server's own ratings *such as Nodes Respawn and Quantity* and the population economic balance itself, with 3 multi-box characters, you can only loot one single herb, with one single character.

As for *Against the Spirit of the Game* that's just bullshit, you might as well ban 1/6 of the population for being assholes, including the ones here on this forum. Unless of course what they meant to say is that this game is only available for assholes

There's relatively small reasoning behind prohibiting Multiple Account Usage, that is particularly the PVP environment, under which an easy underlining of *Multiboxing in PVP is Bannable* would solve the whole situation, you'll find that most people who object to multiboxing, are particularly against it's usage in PVP, which is something I personally went through. all the other arguments against Multiple Account Usage is a blatant senseless blabbering with nothing that can uphold it.