Shomiehawn

Vanish working correctly still?

I was in Strat dead the other day and the party pulled mobs worthy of a wipe. Hunter FD and I vanished, I lost all agro and was chilling in the corner, but after everyone died the mobs immediately came after me and killed me in stealth. Hunter was fine with no agro. I know they fixed it a while back and I haven't had a problem with this till now. Anyone else not having vanish work correctly again?

There are some edge-case issues related to vanish, feign death and their interaction with mobs/combat, I don't think they are new nor is there any change related to them recently.

Sometimes, vanish just doesn't work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vanish puts you into Super Stealth, but that boosted "I'm not here" has a duration on it, after which you're just in Standard Stealth.  As I recall, almost everything in Strat has the "We See Through Stealth" buff on them (you see the eye above their heads while you're in Stealth) that renders Stealth practically useless in their presence.

Based on your description, it's entirely possible that the Super Stealth of Vanish expired as normal and you were detected (and thus attacked).  Sometimes you just have to put LoS blocking terrain between yourself and the hostiles, just to make sure they can't "see" you when they shouldn't.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 0:37 PM, Roxanne Flowers said:

Vanish puts you into Super Stealth, but that boosted "I'm not here" has a duration on it, after which you're just in Standard Stealth.  As I recall, almost everything in Strat has the "We See Through Stealth" buff on them (you see the eye above their heads while you're in Stealth) that renders Stealth practically useless in their presence.

Based on your description, it's entirely possible that the Super Stealth of Vanish expired as normal and you were detected (and thus attacked).  Sometimes you just have to put LoS blocking terrain between yourself and the hostiles, just to make sure they can't "see" you when they shouldn't.

I have tested the improved stealth mechanic more and after running through other dungeons and using vanish in similar ways it appears as though this was just a random case issue like Hai has stated. Thank you for your responses.

Now you see me.. Now you don't... XD

Vanish has always been half broken on vanilla path after patch and even after several expansions, so much that it took Blizzard years to "kind of" fix it giving rogues immunity to breaking stealth for a few seconds after Vanishing, even if you take damage.

The current situation is so absurd that many times you Vanish and the mobs keep autoattacking you as if nothing happened, or in PVP I remember vanishing under Faerie Fire and nothing happened (as Faerie Fire blocks Stealth and Vanish) BUT there is one common thing every time: your 5 minute cooldown is lost, and the reagent too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A Rogue's life.

32 minutes ago, Stodola said:

I object to that! No one has ever seen me pickpocket anyone! You can't prove a thing!

GMs should be the first controlling and not promoting off-topics, out of respect for the Original Poster who is expressing a concern that more people may have.